My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Fading Light RP

NocturnalMirage posted on Aug 12, 2015 at 07:56PM
They say that just like ponies, countries and empires have lives too. They go through the same stages as we do. When they are born, they start out small. Then the bigger they grow, the stronger they get. They make many mistakes when they are young but eventually, they learn to distinguish right from wrong, friend from enemy, conquest from massacre. As they evolve and reach their peak, they are like a mighty stallion at the prime of his life. Powerful, determined, sharp-minded and fueled by the passion and willingness to change the world. But just like us, empires grow old eventually. They become weak, desperate and fragile. Internal illnesses sprout up like weeds in a once beautiful but abandoned garden. The smell of decay attracts the prowling enemies and they gather around to finish what time has already started...

The changelings came from nowhere 8 years ago and brought terror to all. We have managed to stop their mad Queen and foolishly believed that such a victory will mean the end of the war. But we were wrong... so horribly wrong. When we thought our world was safe, it fell apart before our very eyes.

The battle at the Isles of Romani was merely the beginning. The beginning of OUR end. We have fought valiantly till our last breaths. But we were no match for these new weapons the beasts of the abyss have created. When we truly realized what we were up against, it was already too late... One by one, the Southern Kingdoms have fallen. Zebria, Antelopia, The Plain's Nation... they were all consumed by the endless armies of the changelings.

Before we could react, the monsters were pounding on our gates. We had to learn the new ways of war quickly. We gathered the greatest minds of our kind to create weapons that could rival the changeling technology. Factories emerged from the ground one after the other within weeks. We witnessed as our leaders decided to use the new inventions of doom. But the abyssal monsters did not stop. We responded to fire with fire but the only thing that we achieved is to smolder the world to dust.

Through great courage and sacrifice, we were able to stop the changeling invasion. But the effort was too much for our country and the war ripped it into three.

The pegasi were warriors by nature and could not accept surrender. They have seceded from what was left of the Equestrian empire and formed Western Equestria. The winged soldiers continued the war with the changelings and successfully defended their territories for years...

The dwellers of the tundra; the elks, the hypogriffs, the deer and the griffons created the Northern Federation and broke off all contact with the rest of the world. The griffons, who were once great warriors, just hid in their cold, desolate mountain like cowards.

The remaining regions of the former Empire took the name of Central Equestria. Their King was able to protect the most valuable and strategically important cities, like Manehatten. But he only prolonged the agony of his nation...

Year after year, the war waged on... Every side suffered tremendous casualties but none could triumph over the other. The battle has become a stalemate. The front lines have solidified like a frozen lake. But the so-called truce did not bring too much relief... Disease, hunger, violence and riots spread like wildfires only the never sleeping factories remained constant... the pale Sun always hides behind the dense, black smoke coming from their chimneys, like if it was ashamed of the world. Well... the Sun has every right to feel that way...

So I guess the saying is true... Countries do have the same life cycles as we do. And ours is dying. When the ponies lose faith in their own country, that country is doomed to be lost in the sands of time... After all... this is the Age of the Fading Light.

RULES:

- No godmodding (nopony's all-powerful and/or invincible, not even Celestia herself)

- No puppeteering (please refrain from taking control of someone else's character without a permission)

- No killing each other's characters without permission.

- No Deus ex Machina (a conflict cannot be magically solved/made disappear by a simple flash of a horn.)

- There is no character/person limit, you may play as many characters as you want, within a reasonable number of course.

- Please do not implement anything that deviates drastically from the established laws of the show!

- We like to keep a fast pace and although this is not a specific rule, but try to post daily so you won't fall out of the loop.

- And most importantly: HAVE FUN!

In order to join with your OC, please fill out this short character sheet below!

Name:
Personality:
Bio: (optional)
Voiced by: (optional)

Useful tips:

- This is the sequel of the Eye of Anubis RP. However, you don't really need to have too much knowledge of the previous RP. Only a few characters are the common link. So that shouldn't hold you back if you wish to join! :)

- This RP takes place in a time period AFTER the Medieval times of Equestria. The premise is more or less like our world was during the Great Industrial Revolution in the 18th century. Lots of new technologies, machines, factories and overall pretty bad life conditions.

- The RP takes place 8 YEARS AFTER the events of the prequel, however, there will be some flashbacks.

- The RP will be full of twists, the tables will be turned every once in a while which will mean that the fine line between antagonists and protagonist will not be as unambiguous as usual.
They say that just like ponies, countries and empires have lives too. They go through the same stages
last edited on Aug 12, 2015 at 08:03PM

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic 3438 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 1601-1650 of 3438

over a year ago Windwakerguy430 said…
Longsword: Of course, dear (Goes to see get the kids)
over a year ago Jade_23 said…
Ragnar: *stares at the mare until she disappears behind the door, then begins getting dressed. He dresses himself with the black and golden jacket, one resembling of a gypsy/pirate. Oddly, once he is done, he decides to wait for Summer so they could walk out together.*

Tanis: *comes running out the bathroom, looking like a fur ball along with his sisters because of the moist effect of their furry coat*
Tsura: *comes out as well with a towel wrapped around her body and a wet mane* Alright, go get dressed.
Vectra: *nods at her mother and runs with her siblings to the clothing*
Tsura: *walks toward her brush once again and tames her wild mane* So.. Catapult.. How has your mother been? Is she.. Fine? Anything new about her?

Meadow, Toy Sword, and Willow were all trotting downstairs to the lobby when the eldest upon them suddenly bumped into her father. Meadow looks up and rubs her head.

Meadow: Ow..

Longsword: (Helps her up) Sorry, Meadow. I see you and the others are awake
over a year ago NocturnalMirage said…
Summer keeps staring at her own reflection in the mirror, even after she's all done with the morning routine. And the longer she stares, the more furious she gets. When she spots a shiny teardrop in the corner of her eye, she just shatters the mirror to pieces with one mighty blow of her hoof. The unicorn wipes the tears off and walks out of the bathroom the same way she went inside. She's not even surprised to see Ragnar, still idling in the room.

Summer: *on a cold, emotionless voice* We can go now. I hope I did not waste too much time. *opens the door and walks out*

Catapult: I don't know... we haven't really spoken since... you know... but I gotta admit, I'm getting a bit worried about her. She doesn't sleep for days, she just keep staring at the horizon or the wall... or paces around nervously, I heard her last night too.
over a year ago alinah_09 said…
Astral and Crystal arrive as well to greet the others.

Crystal: Mornin'! *smiles*
Astral: Good morning.
Ragnar: *flares his wings and follows Summer's pace, speaking in a low tone* What's wrong? Are you paying the mirror, Queen Summer Pride?

Tsura: *dresses up in her gypsy clothing rather than an Equestrian gown; Her short skirt, corset, and white blouse along with high heeled boots.* hmm.. So you are aware of my brother's actions..

Meadow: It's alright father.
Toy Sword: We were on our way to the lobby..
Wheat: *walks out of the room, all dressed up* Then let's go!
Summer: In my brother's absence, I'm the Queen indeed. Not that it's your concern, but this establishment will receive compensation shortly.

Catapult: Your brother? What does he has to do with anything?
Longsword: Indeed. Lets
Steel Sword: (Walks down the hall and spots Longsword, Wheat, and their children)
Ragnar: I see.. Well, now that you've accepted being queen once again, I guess I can ask you for the favor instead of Landslide now.. You see, Summer Pride, my tribe is dying because of.. Because of minor accidents along the way. For example, the Yaks taking our territory. I'm here because of that. I was hoping as queen you'd be kind enough to spare some land to the travelers.. I as king of the gypsies, humbly ask you for nothing more than that.

Tsura: *widens her eyes* Did I say my brother? Haha, silly me.. I meant.. you. Yes, I meant you. It's just that, you remind me a lot of my brother.. Umm.. Perhaps she just.. Misses you in a way? Our kids can always cheer her up.

Meadow: *greets Astral* Good Morning, Astral! Did you sleep well?
Willow: *waves at her aunt* Hi Auntie!
Wheat: *smiles at them all, then heads for a glass of water and greets Thunderstorm with a smile* How was your night?
Steel Sword: (Gives Willow a very loving hug) It's nice to meet you, Willow, dear
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago FabulousChicken said…
Thunderstorm: *perks his ears and a small smile appears on his face* It was fine. It's nice when you can get some sleep with everything being peaceful and quiet. I suppose it's the same for you, and for anyone, for that matter..
Willow: Did you sleep well?

Wheat: Hmm.. You seem a bit down. What's troubling you?
Steel Sword: Yes, I slept well, dear (Ruffles her mane)
Summer: You're not such a good diplomat, are you? First you reject me, then you come asking for favors. Should have been the other way around. Just a friendly advice, King Ragnar. However, putting our personal relationship aside and considering how valiantly your tribe have fought to protect Equestria in the past, I'm positive we can work out a solution that will be beneficial for all parties involved. The inner regions of Centralia are relatively safe. There are some places in the South Western basin where your tribe could settle down. It's a fertile land, where gain is plentiful and you can prosper and multiply. But! Let me make something crystal clear right now, in advance. If you choose to accept my offer, your tribe shall be assimilated into Equestria. Which means you and your ponies will respect and obey equestrian laws. MY laws. That's my only condition. You don't need to give an answer right away. Think about it! *turns away to hide her expression when she thinks* (You settled for so little... when I would have made you the King of ENTIRE Equestria! And the king of my heart as well.)

Catapult: Miss me? My mother? Are we talking about the same pegasus? She handles herself, certainly don't need my help!
Ragnar: *tilts his head as the mare walks, as if somehow penetrating his mind into hers* You should really consider and rethink the abilities gypsy magic can do.. I don't want to be King of Equestria, Queen Summer Pride. That's the last thing I want to be. Diplomat? No, I'm not. If I would've asked you before, you would've canceled the agreement out of anger. I know you more than you think I do. *follows along*

Tsura: Maybe.. She just needs someone.. You know.. Now that I'm married to you, you don't frequently talk or visit her. And since her husband is dead, she's all alone.. But, what do I know? Haha.. *orders the kids to get ready, then opens the door*

Willow: Me too!
Toy Sword: *pats her head*
Steel Sword: Good to hear. A child your age needs her sleep
Summer *flashes an angry eye at Ragnar* If you EVER try to look into my mind again, that will be the last thing you ever do, do you understand? Nopony does that to me! NOPONY! You have no idea how much power and magic I have massed over the years, I could have easily latched onto your thought waves as well. But I never did! Because I still respect you. And perhaps... even more than that. And I know you still feel the same way too! Your heart wouldn't have been racing so fast, your body wouldn't have been trembling from desire if it wasn't true. However, I accepted your decision and I understand it. But that does not give you the right to have a sneak peak of my inner, most private thoughts.

Catapult: Hey, our door was always open, I'm not the one who chose to be alone! It's hers. She could have come and visit us any time, but she didn't. I'm still open to it, but It's a two way street.
Thunderstorm: I just have a lot in my plate right now, but I think I can handle it. I am not one that likes to share a lot, but.. I guess sometimes it's better to share what you feel than to remain silent and regret it later.. Right?
Ragnar: *furrows an eyebrow at Summer as she yells at him* You respect the privacy of my thoughts, but not the privacy of me taking a shower? *laughs* Right.. Oh, and Queen Summer Pride, those weren't private thoughts. I was involved. Therefore I had the right to know. Don't worry, I can leave whenever you want me to. My mom was planning on arranging a marriage between a zebra and I anyway. That is, if we stop the bombs. My sister will stay. It'll be just like old times. You'll just have to keep up with this gypsy for a little bit longer.

Tsura: Yes, of course.. Now let's go! The others must be waiting. *walks out the door, along with her kids who are eating their breakfast on the way downstairs*

Wheat: *smiles* Of course! *sits down besides him* Tell me what's wrong!
Longsword: I'll go and take the kids to get something to eat, Wheat. I'll be back soon
Summer: Of course you were involved! Ever since I've seen you again, my thoughts have been circling around y... *her eyes grow large but her pupil shrinks* ...wait, what? What??! Arranged marriage?! I'll be damned if I let a stranger take you away from me once more!!!

Catapult: Agreed. *follows them*
Thunderstorm: ..It's nice that you want to help me and that you're showing you care about me, but I can't tell you what is going on.. It's just something that I have to deal with myself. Though, you and your family have been such a good influence on me. You truly have hearts as pure as gold, and that won't change.. Even if.. *he looks away* Never mind.
Ragnar: You get use to losing someone you love, trust me.. I won't be happy with the Zebra either.. But it'll join a truce and a nation between Zebras and gypsies. ...You want to know why I "rejected" you? You really wanna know? *flares his wings and appears in front of Summer, intimidating her with his bulkiness and height.* You think I rejected you because.. I don't love you?! That's not true. Let me start off with being honest. I don't deserve you, Queen Summer Pride. That's why. I don't deserve your love, or your beauty, or anything really. I have many reasons why.. First of all, I didn't save you. A man unwilling to fight for what he loves deserves what he gets. I let the changelings keep you in captivity for years. So tell me, Queen of Equestria, how am I suppose to feel? Guilt, that's what! I never planned to ever be with you again! My only goal was to find you, and to make sure you were alright! Then, I'd leave forever! Seeing your face just reminds me of my errors! Reminds me of how I failed to save someone I loved.. AGAIN! Failed on being a king to my tribe, the way that my sister was almost killed, the way that I was almost killed. For what? For you, that's who! Hmm, what else? Ah yes, what else do I not deserve? You, as someone who has suffered so much do not deserve somepony as worthless as me who never found you, who abandoned you for his tribe! I don't deserve your love because.. Because I moved on. I moved on and slept with another mare. There, I said it. For once, I'll be honest unlike you! You want to know who I slept with?! Slingshot, that's who! So yes, hate me all you want for rejecting you, but I have a damn reason! I'm doing it for the best for you! I don't want to lie and keep my feelings in a jar! I don't like lying to someone I love. I don't. Because it's just another error added to my list. And don't you dare lay a hoof on Slingshot, do you hear me?! You can torture me all you like, but leave her out of it! *constricts his eyes, then turns around and walks*

Meriva: *drinks her orange juice*
Tanis: Why did I get apple juice and not orange juice? *frowns*
Vectra: Because you cried and were scared of a tail! Haha! I'm telling Willow!
Tanis: *blushes* No! No you're not! Daaaaad!!!
Tsura: *bites on Tanis' neck and puts him on her back to hush him*

Wheat: I understand, Thunderstorm. Just know that I am here if you need anything. *stands up and nods at Longsword* Be safe! Oh.. And bring me a cup of coffee.. I know someone who needs it.. *walks then whispers to Meadow* Go see what's wrong with Thunderstorm. He doesn't want to tell me.
Meadow: Why me?
Wheat: Because he likes you.
Meadow: *blushes* How did you-?
Wheat: I know how a first love looks and feels like. *glances at Longsword(
Meadow: Very well.. *walks to the stallion* Hi!
Longsword: (Walking with Willow and Toy Sword) So, did you two sleep well
Thunderstorm: Oh.. Hi! Do you.. need something?
Toy Sword: Willow kept us up with her absurb stories..
Willow: But I did see Santa!
Toy Sword: We're in October, Willow!

Meadow: What? Can't I say Hi just because? You look down.. Why don't you want to talk about it?
Longsword: Well, she has a real big imagination. It's good for a girl her age to have such a great imagination (Ruffles her mane again)
Willow: *fixes her mane* Imagination!? But Santa is real, isn't he??? I saw him!
Longsword: Yes, he is. But it is only October. Maybe it was just a bird, since he only comes when it's winter
Summer: WHAT???! *her face distorts in fury but only for a few seconds then without any transition, her features become calm, peaceful and gentle. Then she appears in font of Ragnar with a red flash* I listened to you. Now you listen to me. We both have made some terrible mistakes in our lives. But that is in the past. The only thing that's important is who we are today, in the present, here and now! What I said this morning was the honest truth! I want YOU, Ragnar! Nopony else! I don't care what you've done, how many errors you made in the past, how many mares you slept with. How could I blame you or slingshot for that? You thought I was dead! You were lonely! It was just a meaningless flirtation! I can't let you go! Not now, when you're finally here at my side once again, after all these years! I've lost too many loved ones indeed. I've lost you too once. But I don't think I'd be able to survive losing you again! You have spent years trying to find me and lost so much in the process! You see your decisions as errors, but I see them as virtues. Loyalty, strength, determination, compassion! If that's not a sign of true love, I don't know what is! *approaches the stallion and runs her hoof down his cheek tenderly, gazing into his eyes deeply* I was afraid too... that you wouldn't want me anymore... or you've made a new life, married to somepony else... started a family... or died somewhere... I was trapped in the swirling abyss of doubts for so long, just like you! But I'm not afraid anymore! Let the past stay in the past! Don't you see? You belong here, your place is here, at my side! You are my King and I am your Queen. This is your destiny!
(Hmm...seems a bunch has happened over the course of me going to church. XD)

Astral: hmmm...*his mind seems to be somewhere else*
(Yeah, you've got like 200 chapters to cover up. Just kidding. xD)

Ragnar: *takes a step back once he feels Summer's touch on his bruise, only to realize he's against the wall now. His first instinct is to teleport or fly off, but instead he just pierces his ocean blue eyes into Summer's. He stares at the beautiful mare for a long minute that seems like an eternity.* You're right, Summer.. It is my destiny.. I've been waiting so long to hold you once again.. *curls a lock of Summer's mane behind her ear, then lifts her chin. The stallion then closes the gap between them, kissing the mare deeply and passionately with soft lips. He then wraps his strong, warm, furry hooves around the Summer's back, gently "healing" her scars and bruises with his tender love; flaring his wings in the process*

Willow: A bird? How can I confuse Santa with a bird?! I saw Santa, I swear! He said hi to me!
Toy Sword: You do not swear under the creator for such nonsense.
Willow: But.. *sighs, then lowers her ears*
Longsword: Though, for all we know, it could have been him. Who knows, maybe he just needed to go to the market. Maybe you may have seen him Willow
Summer's body winces a little when the gypsy wraps his strong arms around her but instead of having a hysterical seizure like before, she embraces the moment instead. Her emerald eyes flash with joy and love once she hears her name likes he wanted to. Her arms coil around Ragnar's neck and interlock behind his head as she pulls him closer to make the kiss even more intimate and deep.

Summer: *whispers into his ear before biting it a little* We are free...

Slingshot: *appears at the end of the gloomy hallways and sees the couple reuniting. She then turns around with a discrete smirk on her face and uses the other stairs to get down*
Ragnar: *for being against the wall, he was able to catch a glimpse on the pegasus' shadow. He ignores the thought, and just enjoys the moment with the unicorn. Ragnar returns the deep kiss as he slips his hoof down Summer's hips, then grins.* You saw me naked. I think it's only fair if I do too.. *kisses the mare's neck as she's leaned against the wall.*

The love scene is interrupted by sudden footsteps from afar, and the family soon emerges from the shadows. Tsura widens her eyes and flares her wings in front of her children, then yells at Ragnar in Romanian.

Willow: See? I was right!
Toy Sword: *rolls his eyes* Of course..
Longsword: (Chuckles) But, enough about that, you two. Lets get you something to eat
Percival finally arrives with Mitchell and Fiamma.

Percival: Good Morning to you all.
Wheat: *sets her glass of water on the table* Good Morning, Mr. Streak. *nods at the others* Good morning! Did you all sleep well?

Willow: Okay! But I'm not really hungry.. Can I just get yogurt?
Toy Sword: Yeah, me too..
Percival: *bows slightly in reply* Indeed.
Mitchell: *smiles his usual* Why yes,Miss Wheat! I assumed you all have as well?
Fia: *stays silent as she lets the ponies do the talking*
Wheat: We did, thankfully.
Meadow: *turns around to Percial with a kind smile* Can I get you all some coffee?
Longsword: Oh. okay
Toy Sword: *arrives at the small buffet of the motel* Alright Willow, grab what you want. What would Wheat like to eat?
Willow: Hmm.. *trots to the dairy section*
FabulousChicken commented…
Grains. Wheat would like grains. xD (Amazing joke.. Yep.) over a year ago
Jade_23 commented…
xD Hahaha over a year ago
Longsword; Oh, don't you worry about that Toy, just let me take care of that
Toy Sword: Hmm.. Alright. You do know her more than any of us.
Willow: *grabs a small yogurt with granola*
Longsword: (Takes a small cup and fills it with coffee)
Toy Sword: *grabs a granola bar*
Willow: *crawls up her brother's back*
Toy Sword: Hey!
Willow: My hooves hurt. Carry me!
Longsword: (Once he has the coffee, he goes over to the two) Do you two have what you need
Willow: Yeah, daddy! We're ready!
Toy Sword: *nods and walks with his sister on her back, returning to the lobby*
Longsword: (Walks back to the lobby)
Percival: Oh! That's very kind of you, dear. No worries, we'll just get them ourselves. *smiles*
Mitchell:...I'm more of a Tea pony, but thank you for the offer, Miss.
Fia: No thanks...I'll just get an early start on things. *separates from the two*
Mitchell: ....so serious. *rolls eyes*

Crystal: *approaches Astral then waves her hoof in front of his face* hellooooooo, Equestria to Astral?
Astral: *snaps out of it* huh? what?
Crystal: *sighs* Geez, did you still need more sleep or something? C'mon, we're all getting breakfast.
Astral: ....uh,right. You can go ahead...I'll follow up.
Crystal: *hesitates but ultimately raises her brow and decides to give him his space*...okay then...Make sure to get something in your stomach before we go.
Astral: Don't worry about it. *fakes a smile*
Jade_23 commented…
Crystal is still so cute after all the years. :3 over a year ago