The Phantom Of The Opera THEY ARE MAKING A SEQUEL TO POTO!

Jareth_baby2010 posted on Dec 03, 2008 at 10:23PM
I JUST FOUND OUT THEY ARE MAKING A SEQUEL TO PHANTOM OF THE OPERA!!!!!! ANDREW LLOYD WEBBER STATED IT WHEN HE WAS INTERVIEWED!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

The Phantom Of The Opera 362 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 301-350 of 362

over a year ago Phantomess said…
S'ok. Someone went screaming to the press. Good phans. SMART phans. RUG keeps pulling stupid junk like this and the media will eat him alive.
Apparently the pages were pulled down due to "copyright infringement" because of some photos and such posted there. The thing with that is that they received absolutely no warning first, requesting that the offending material be removed. The whole facebook page was simply obliterated. Seems a mite fishy to me, but then again what do I know?
Honestly, though, as inconvenient and annoying as things like this are, in the end they make Webber look like a git. Which really is almost worth it if he can be made to look so ridiculous that the media and phan brew-ha-ha actually get loud enough to sink into his addled brain!
over a year ago Kitannah said…
@Phantomess Actually, a member of LSD got in touch with the creator of LSD, and apparently the page was taken down because the guy who ran it was using a "fake" account and not a personal one. Even more stupid.

But Facebook has now put the page back up. Rejoice!
over a year ago phantomphan24 said…
Omg, I just got the album.... (Apparently, someone thought I liked the idea of the sequel) and Oh my goodness, Meg is such a brat!!! SHE KILLED CHRISTIENE!!! Man, that show is weird. But, I think it is sweet that Gustave goes with Erik, and not Raoul.
kiss
I just got caught up on the LSD drama via Phanwank. So glad to hear that it's back up, though.
In other news I just got back from a couple days in NYC. Saw POTO (#19! w00t!) and in my brain I started ticking off the places where the sequel directly contradicts the original. Therefore I shall be dragging out my libretto (because source materials and citations are love) and making a nice little list for the Articles section. The short version is that I don't think ALW has actually watched/listened to the original POTO in quite some time.
over a year ago renrae said…
Phantomess, you are awesome.

I seriously can't believe that there is actually a profesional sequel to Phantom. :/ It hasn't sunk in yet.

It contradicts the original in sooooo many ways.
over a year ago eriks_angel said…
worried
someone just do us all a huge favor and go punjab ALW. nothing in this stupid sequel makes sense!! :'( i'm just glad there are so many other people out there that are also against this!!
heart
Oh wow, "PhantomReviews" Is doing a review on LND. Can't wait for that one!!!!
Actually, he apparently liked the show when he went to see it. *Shrugs* To each their own. He's viewing it as just another random piece of Phantom nonsense that happens to have some awesome special effects. Personally, I just can't get over how mangled the characters are and how much ALW fails continuity.
over a year ago JustHuddy said…
I just had to... >:)

I'm sick, so my voice sounds kind of funky though.
over a year ago eriks_angel said…
haha, that was AWESOME, justhuddy!! loved it!! i actually did try to listen to some of the music, and got a headache from it... :( the 'rock' numbers dont really seem to fit in very well (the beauty underneath) and i could barely make out the lyrics, all of which sucked anyway. the more i find out, the less sense LND makes...
laugh
JustHuddy.... I am in love with you.
Well Phantomess, I posted that reply before I saw the video. Sorry... I still don't know why the Phantomreviewer (I don't his real name) likes it. Really, I'm a little
mad... It was a dissapointment. Becouse in an earlier video he was all like
" YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT I THINK ABOUT IT DON'T YOU? MEAHAHA!"

You would think that would be a sign that he hated it woulden't you?"
over a year ago TGITPC said…
Great job, JustHuddy! That got a good chuckle out of me.

For anyone who's interesting, here's my latest part of my humor-rant for this monstrosity:

link

As for the PhantomReviewer, I'm not quite sure either but I guess we'll just have to find out in his review, won't we? I don't think it's really fair though for him. I know a few anit-LND phans who aren't as fond of him as they once were just because he has a new opinion on it (which he is entitled to).
PhantomReviewer is still made of win and awesome. Maybe he's seeing something there that I'm missing. Probably because I can't get past what ALW did to his characters to enjoy anything that might be decent in the new show.
laugh
AHHH! That girl in the phantom costume! ( I know I'm stupid for this) but I didn't know you had a fanpop! I like you just as much as the PhantomReviewer!!! Haha love your LND part 3 and 1 the best.. OMG,woulden't be great if the PhantomReviewer had a fanpop? Just thought of that. LOL Biskits would also be great.. She is a great Christiene.
LOL JustHuddy! that was great...
Heh, hey there! Glad to see I have an actual phan! and I agree with you Phantomess (as always), the character changes are unforgivable.
PhantomPhan24: PhantomReviews has an LJ account and is a member of Phanwank. As is Biskits. She's actually doing me this awesome favour and illustrating a Phairy Tale for me at the moment. I'll post a link once it's done.
Biskits... she's the girl whose voice is in PhantomReviews' videos, right?
Oh cool. Thanks Phantomess! I really didn't know that.
and yes. Biskits is the girl from PhantomReviews
So I went to the show in Baltimore last night (*squee* got to go backstage again! Made of awesome!!) and, because LND has already started to taint my Phantoming experience, I noticed a few things.
1. So, Raoul may have been a lush to begin with. He always seems to have a champagne bottle following him around. Watch a bootleg. First he takes the bottle from the managers when he goes to visit Christine's dressing room. Then I think pretty much every time he's sitting alone in a box he's got a bottle chilling next to him. I'm guessing the original intent of that was in the first instance so he could offer Christine a glass to celebrate her triumph, and in the later instances as a nod to his station. (Fancy people drinks champagne!)
2. The date of death on Daddy Daae's grave is 1870. This kind of throws a wrench in LND's set date of 1907. If he was freshly planted it doesn't work out to 10 years later like it's supposed to. 1907-1870= no. However, if we assume the action of the show is occurring in 1897 to make the 10 year time gap work, Christine would be much older than we're led to believe. Raoul says he was 14 when he ran into the sea for her scarf. Even assuming that she was younger than Raoul, like about ten-ish, that would make her 37 when the action for POTO starts. So, once again. ALW fails continuity. And math.
3. The more I watch the awesome actors portray Erik's made-of-crazy breakdown at the end of act 1 and especially act 2, the more I want to know WHERE that psychosis went in LND. He seems to get kind of pissed a couple of times, but he never really loses it. Prozac?

Anyhow, just some observations that made me go "huh".
Good observations!
When I saw the show last month, I noticed that Raoul brought a bottle into Christine's dressing room. I was hoping they didn't just add that detail because of Love Never Dies. I take it that it's been in the musical for a long time?
He's always taken the bottle from the managers, which seemed perfectly innocent until the sequel. I think he might have even left it in her dressing room for her. And I can dimly recall him having a bottle chilling in the box, but it wasn't really something that seemed vaguely sinister til now. Although we never do see him drink the champagne in the show.
Haha, I saw it about 2 weeks ago, it was a LITTLE better than I expected, but not much...Anyways, I thought it was just so funny that Erik had a Christiene robot...He just tied a little rope around her neck, and sent her back to her cage. LOL "Father dear, come play with me." "TELL THE BOY I SAID NO!!!!!" That gets me every time....
Wait, wait, wait....he has Christinebot on a LEASH>?!
So there is a little bit of S&M going on after all. Haha. :)
@ phantomess Well, kinda... He like, puts a little neklace/ rope around her neck and sends her back into her little cage.
last edited over a year ago
tongue
Rope, cage...? Erik suddenly turn Gorean when we weren't looking?
Yeah, the ChristieneBot creeps me out. But in other news... I TAUGHT MY BIRD MERLIN TO SING PHANTOM!!!! Yeah, I showed Merlin POTO songs from my ipod, and now, evertime he hears it, He sings! Like, this is how it goes...( Omg this veary moment, I'm singing it, and he singing to it!!LOL)Me: In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came... Merlin: WHAAAAA WHAAH WHAA WHA WHA WHA, WHA WHAHH WHA WHAAAAAA!
That's pretty cool, phantomphan24. I taught my dog to bark whenever I say Phantom of the Opera. :)

So, for all who would like to know, part 4 of my rant is now online:

link
Great, TGITPC...Great review.I LOVED IT!
cool
LND related shameless self promotion!!!

link

The Phantom Reviewer tackles LND. In part 4 of this, yours truly makes a cameo in the mask, cape, and a ruffly shirt!
heart
Hehe, Phantomess, that's great! I saw that on PhanWank. <3
over a year ago JustHuddy said…
big smile
Phantomess, that's awesome!
LOL,that is the first time I have heard of Erik being compaired to captin Von Trapp. My 2 favorite musical
men......

Alice went with me to LND, and she kept texting her sister of how great it was, and I said "You know, Christiene dies...."
and she texted: I take that back it is awful so far.

and I was like "ALICE!"

And she was like"YOU BRAT!

Me: Whatever

and through the whole rest of the
show she did not smile even ONE time

LOL

surprise

Poor TGITPC.......

When you said that you had to wait a month
I went: NOOOOO!!! And then I realized I sounded just like Darth Vader....

But I for 1 think it TERRIBLE that you have to miss your trip just to get that camara.
Now THAT shows that you care about your fans...:]

You did not have to do that.... (tears up lol) THANK YOU TGITPC!!!!
angry
*le sigh*

Has everyone seen this article?

link

The article itself is laughable (and Jeff was misquoted several times), but what really sucks is that RUG posted the article on the official LND Facebook page. As can be expected, Rebecca and Jeff soon had hundreds of LND fans calling them idiot losers.

Now, I know the Timmons', and they are certainly not "sad obsessives", and they do not need to "get a life". They're an amazing couple (who just celebrated their 8th anniversary today :D )! It's just depressing that people would be so quick to judge...

[/rant]
over a year ago ramengurl said…
angry
Grrrr... That article makes me want to throw Leroux's novel at the author's face. Don't they even realize that the people who support LND are the ones who say "Wait, there's a book?"? I'm not saying I don't like the music. Sure, Andy's gone senial, but he still writes good music (no matter how ripped off it may be). I wish the audience was interested enough to realize that the plot is of FANFICTION quality.

Grrrr... Gaston Leroux must be turning in his grave knowing that people trash those who have a second opinion, ESPECIALLY about this. Honestly, aren't we all about free speech nowadays? WHY are people bashing good, honest people who just can't stand to have their beloved fandom destroyed by the lunacy that is LND? Don't people have the right to protest something they don't believe is right?

Grrrr... Why are people even bothering to say that this work is GENIUS? No, THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA was genius. THE PHANTOM OF CONEY ISLAND, now that's a travesty. Who said Erik was the king of AMUSEMENT PARKS? The man can barely come out of his hole, much less put on a clown suit and hand BALLOONS out to little kids! I'm not saying people aren't entitled to have their own opinions (see Kitannah's article in the post above for one that DOES say that) but the stuff people say just drives me bonkers! I don't understand it! I guess that's like when I can't understand the extreme obsession of Hollister, or, dare I say it, TWILIGHT. I suppose most people don't understand our obsession, either.

Grrrr... *simmers down* There is my obsessively long rant. Kudos to you if you read all of it.
Hey Everybody!!!! ALERT ALERT ALERT!!!! I made a google search story sbout phantom!!! 2 lucky fanpoppers is featured in it, they are both phans, and they both don't have numbers in their usernames....Go to youtube.com/MsTammyJo777 (wich is not my account i might add,but i will be posting some vids on it)to see it. Mabey oyu are the luckey winner!!!!!!! oh,and if you comment, please don't cuss.If u do,your comment WILL be deleted.... SORRY!!!!
Wow...I don't think I've ever been Googled before lol.
@ Phantomess- That was YOU? SWEET! You guys did a throughly enjoyable and phantastic job!

@phantomphan24- Aw, why thanks! I like to think that I'll be missed in this short time apart.

God, that article really makes my blood boil. The Timmons are awesome! What makes it even worse that RUG decided to post that on their Facebook page so they were open for even more ridicule from pathetic "phans". Anyone who tried to defend them in any way had their comment deleted.
@ Phantomess,u made me laugh SO HARD 1 day,and i decided to do somthing special....and @ TGITPC, I am soooo sorry that you had to miss the phantom trip,and you made me laugh so hard in your reviews, that I wanted to do something special for you also!!! :)
When I went to LND, I still hated it, but i kind of enjoyed it... I don't think it was worth the money or the plane ticket, but they had sooo much more emotion than on the cd,bt there was a LOT of bare stage.it was kinda weird at the start,and you could barley hear Madam Giry or Ms.Fleck,but I heard ALW was going to rewrite it... When ChristineBot was put back into here cage, it was Serria, and the phantom puts this curtan over it,it was really sweet when he put her in the cage, becouse he was aranging her hair,and kinda tilting her head down,but anyways, when M.Giry rips her arm off,it is really a manuquin!Some parts that were sung were spoken, some parts that were spoken were sung... BUT THIS IS NOT A REVIEW,SO THIS ALL THE INFO I'M GIVING YOU.....oops cap locks lol

cool
@TGITPC Thank you! My friends and I had sooo much fun making that vid. Hopefully the next time PhantomReviewer needs people to make fools out of themselves he'll call us again! lol
over a year ago ramengurl said…
laugh
lol! I thoroughly enjoyed your interpretation of the final scene. You are an awesome Phantom, Phantomess! I loved the little doll that represented Gustave! Hilarious!
Part 5 of my rant is now online (yeah, I decided to just post them here, makes more sense after all).

link
cake
YAY!!!Everyone is happy again!!!!

*cake*
OOOH!!! Just got the cartoon version in the mail!!! YAY!!!!!! Next comes Claude Reins(?) and the Sims: Complete collection!!!!
zzz
Were is everyone? it has been 3 weeks!
Has anyone ever thought of how LND would be with a different cast? Say, Peter ''I AM SUFFERING FROM 80 MILLION MENTAL DISORDERS'' Karrie as the Phantom, Rachel ''RAOUL I'M FRIGHTENED DON'T MAKE ME DO THIS!!!1 *sob*'' Barrell as Christine, and Tim ''CHRISTINE I LOVE YOU SOOOOO MUCH OMG'' Martin Gleason as Raoul? Just a thought. :D