My Little Pony Friendship is Magic The Great Unrest RP

NocturnalMirage posted on Jun 26, 2014 at 07:23AM
If you look outside the window, what do you see? Peace, harmony, friendship... such things the new generations take for granted.

Of course, Equestria wasn't always the utopia as it is today. Let me take thee on a journey into the long past...

Before the birth of Celestia, before the seed of the Tree of Harmony sprouted, the three tribes - the unicorns, earth ponies and pegasi - put aside their differences and formed the united nation of Equestria. Gain was plentiful and ponykind prospered.

Then a new race emerged. The power of all three tribes united in these winged, horned ponies, who called themselves alicorns. They possessed the strength of the earth ponies, the flying skills of the pegasi and the magical abilities of the unicorns. It was only a matter of time until they took their place at the top of the hierarchy. On that day, Equestrian society took an unexpected turn...

Countless decades have passed by, and the years of abundance slowly faded away. The balance between the three tribes was disrupted. The alicorns remained unreachable for the common ponies, consulting the future of the nation behind the closed gates of their stronghold. Meanwhile the unicorn nobility plundered all the resources with the help of the highly trained warrior class: the pegasi.

The earth ponies soon found themselves at the bottom of the hierarchy; they were nothing more but peasants, slaves who were toiling tirelessly day and night, only to let the unicorns and pegasi enjoy the fruits of their labor. As humble spirits, the earth ponies let the rich take advantage of their strength and farming skills for years, but it still wasn't enough. Because there was a dark void in the souls of the old ones... a void that filled their hearts with an everlasting craving for more.

Very soon, the last drop will splash into the sea of suppressed rage and the deeds of the earth ponies will determine the fate of Equestria... this is the time of the Great Unrest.

RULES:

- No godmodding (nopony's all-powerful and/or invincible, not even Celestia herself)

- No puppeteering (please refrain from taking control of someone else's character without a permission)

- No killing each other's characters without permission.

- No Deus ex Machina (a conflict cannot be magically solved/made disappear by a simple flash of a horn.)

- There is no character/person limit,

- HOWEVER, THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF ALICORN OC PARTICIPANTS IS 3 AND ALL THREE PLACES ARE TAKEN, THE ALICORN CAST IS COMPLETE. SO NO OTHER ALICORN OCS ARE ALLOWED.

- And most importantly: HAVE FUN!

In order to join with your OC, please fill out this short character sheet below!

Name:
Personality:
Bio: (optional)

Useful tips:

- Okay, so this RP takes place in medieval Equestria. Therefore, the social structure reflects that as well. The hierarchy is the following:

- Kings/Queens/Royalty (Alicorns, max. 3)
- Lords/Ladies (Unicorns)
- Knights (Pegasi)
- Peasants (Earth Ponies)

- Please keep in mind, that the race of the character you join with will determine his/her role in the society and your place in the hierarchy, so choose wisely!

- As I mentioned earlier, there can be a maximum of 3 alicorn characters in this RP, because basically, they have all the power and resources. Therefore I must ask those who wish to play with an alicorn OC, to use this power responsibly and don't send entire armies to a bloodbath for example.

- The RP gives you an opportunity to control squadrons, even armies if the plot-line allows it. There will be massive confrontations, I can assure you.

- This RP will require a lot of teamwork from all of the players, because there will be many situations where you'll have to follow the chain of command. Think of it as a big war game. Jade, Wind and I will be in command of the earth pony forces and we'll stop at nothing to change the social structure. Mu ha ha! :D
If you look outside the window, what do you see? Peace, harmony, friendship... such things the new ge
last edited on Jul 08, 2014 at 01:38PM

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic 5221 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 1801-1850 of 5221

over a year ago Windwakerguy430 said…
(Follows)
(Meanwhile)
Royalty: Hmm... So, it didn't work after all....... damn
over a year ago Jade_23 said…
Wheat: *arrives in the city with Longsword* *panting* *looks at Longsword and hugs him* Don't you ever do that again..
(Hugs her) I'm sorry Wheat. I was too gullible. And I put you in danger because of it. I'm a terrible pony, let alone a terrible leader
Wheat: It's not your fault, Longsword. I should've been more careful with that bastard disguised as you.. And Longsword, you are a great leader. At least for me. *smiles*
last edited over a year ago
I'm sorry, still. I shouldn't have fallen for his trick. I promised not to put you in any danger, but it wasn't any good
Wheat: That's in the past right now, Longsword. You're ok, I'm.. Ok. Our pack is ok. That's what matters now. *hug Longsword again* I can't believe I almost lost you..
I'm just glad your okay Wheat. I was real worried, I guess
Wheat: You don't think I was worried about you?! *kisses Longsword* If I lose you, I lose everything... I don't want to lose you like I lose everyone else.. Now c'mon.. We should get going back to the motel.. Maybe Summer finally calmed down..
(Smiles) alright then... Oh, and the factory may be a little more crowded then usual
Wheat: Why? *begins walking to motel*
I was sent to that prison Summer talked about and broke myself and the other earth ponies out
Wheat: ..Did they hurt you?
o. We were able to work together to get out... Why
Wheat: That prison must be very different from the prison I went to.. But anyways, I jus't don't want you getting hurt, that's all. *continues walking*
(Smiles) I know. And I don't want the same happening to you
Wheat: *smiles at ground* It won't... (Hopefully..)
Well, here's the motel. I wonder if Summer is inside
Wheat: She'll be pissed once she figures out what happened.. *opens door*
Is she here
over a year ago NocturnalMirage said…
Summer: *sits in an armchair, and since all the curtains are pulled, it's quite dark in the room, only her cold emerald eyes are flashing in the darkness as she turns on the light* Welcome back! *on a somber, cold and somewhat menacing voice* May I ask where the hay you two have been? Making out in the back alley?! Well, I hope you had fun.
Not really. It was more of getting attacked by Royalty and having to keep each other from dying. Also, I was thrown in that rison you talked about, but was able to get out
Summer: Oh, don't deny it, I smell the stench of love all over you two! Nevertheless, it was very nice to keep me out of the loop. I could have helped. But it is clear neither of you trust me and you don't want my help. *stands up and walks to the door* You've done so well already, you clearly have everything under control, letting your girlfriend gutted like that! *points at Wheat's injury* So why would you need the help of an old, unstable mare? Yeah, I only fought two wars. *opens the door and walks out, but turns her head back* At least the pegasi don't leave their comrades behind. *slams the door behind her and walks out to the street*
Wheat: Told you she was pissed.
Something must be bugging her. And it isn't just anything, either
Wheat: *puts hoodie on and walks outside* Summer!
Summer: *grinding her teeth and foaming with rage as she's walking down the street, murmuring to herself* Ungrateful imbeciles! After everything I've done for them... they still treat me like dirt... I should burn this entire corrupt city... *hears Wheat's voice, and turns her head a little* What do you want?!
(Rests on bed) (Sighs) (This is not the best of nights)
Wheat: *takes hoodie off* Something's wrong with you. Spill it.
Summer: Haha, yeah, go ahead and insult me some more! CLEARLY I'm the one who's wrong here... Well, I just don't like being treated like an incompetent idiot! Especially not after everything I've done for you! I have waited for more than 6 hours for you! I was concerned you guys might have been captured or worse! You don't do that to somepony, who helped you before! So don't worry about me, just go back to your little boyfriend and keep running covert operations behind your friend's back, why don't you?
Wheat: First of all, he is not my boyfriend. We are just really.. Really close friends. Second of all, yeah, you're right. We treated you like a unskilled idiot, and I'm sorry. I thought Longsword's sister had told you. I'm sorry for betraying your trust, again. I promise it won't happen again, ok? I'm sorry. What do I have to do to make you stay?!
Summer: Ha ha! He's not your boyfriend... both of you have love written all over you! In case you've forgotten, I've been in the game for more than a hundred years, I know the signs. If you're not a couple, soon you will be, trust me! Also know this: such a relationship always complicates things. The rebellion is no longer a secret, the alicorn knows about it, so there is a high probability that we won't live for too long. Love is a lethal poison that clouds your brain and in your situation you need to keep your head clear. You want me to stay? Fine! But we gotta do things differently then! And running off with your boyfriend on such crazy missions like that behind my back is not an option. You want me in? So be it! But keep me in the loop and start making decisions together! This is not just about you or Longsword or even me! This is something bigger now! The fate of your entire race depends on your actions! And I'm only agreeing to help you because I always had good relations with earth ponies. Back in the day they were my kingdoms most loyal and trustworthy allies. We, unicorns never enslaved them like this. So, if you want me aboard these are my terms and they are non-negotiable. Do we have a deal or not?
Wheat: *groans* For the last time, I said we're just close friends. But anyways, deal! No more going on secret missions. No splitting up and stuff like that. Happy?
Summer: I haven't been happy for over 5 decades, my dear. I don't even know what the word means. But I'll help you. *extends hoof as a sign of friendship*
(Okay, so what should we do now that we have more rebals) Hmmm.......
Wheat: (That makes two of us..) *shakes hoof*
Summer: Very good. Now, I suggest we collect your boyfri... oh, sorry, I mean your "friend" and get the hay out of the city, before they find us! That little mission of yours stirred up the water for sure. We can regroup with my brother and the others at the factory and figure out what to do next there.
Wheat: *squints eyes and looks at Summer* Yeah.. Let's do that. *turns around and begins walking to the motel*
Summer: *follows Wheat* What was that twitch of your eye? I thought only I have that... it happens when I'm suppressing powerful emotions...
Wheat: Yeah. Let's go with that.
Summer: Hmm... I tell you what! You tell me your story, I'll tell you mine. You wanted to know about it a few minutes ago anyways. Us, mares need to stick together, no?
Wheat: Alright.. Why don't you start?
Summer: Very well. Of course, I wasn't always such a bitter mare. When I was young, I didn't give a damn, what others thought of me... well, they were scared of me. I always had troubles with controlling my powers ever since I was a little filly. Ponies were even more terrified of me after I became the Queen of Unicornia. They never said it of course, but I could see it in their eyes. Yes, I ruled with an iron hoof and took down any threat to my country indeed. But I also brought peace and harmony, based on equality and coexistence with the neighboring kingdoms, including the Terran Republic , where the earth ponies lived. But I was in power for too long... I watched my loved ones grow old and die around me, while my youth maintained... After my brother, Forever Wind was killed by my hooves... Landslide and I grew apart... he left Unicornia and I haven't seen him until recently. I had everything a mare could ever want... wealth, power, respect... but I was alone... a prisoner of my own castle.

I often sneaked out of the castle in camouflage to blend in with the populists... I saw mares meeting with stallions... everypony had a suitor, but me. No stallion dared to come even near me... so I grew bitter and the sorrow was devouring my soul... I've become weak... and paranoid... I made mistakes... and an ambitious noble unicorn seized the opportunity. After the first Equine War, he successfully manipulated the public and made me the scapegoat for all the horrors of the battle... eventually I was exiled from my own country... I barely escaped with my life.

I was alone in the wasteland for many years, living like a hermit. One day, when I was on the way back to my cave, I've come across the site of a massacre. Some bandits attacked a caravan and killed everypony... except for one stallion. He was the only survivor.

As he laid there in the sand unconsciously, I felt pity for him... he looked so fragile and... handsome. So I took him to my cave, treated his wounds and nursed him back to health in a few months. During his recovery we became close... he was so delicate and charming. And most importantly, he didn't know who I was or what I've done in the past.

He was still there with me, even after his injuries healed up... and one day he looked at me differently. Nopony else ever looked at me like that before... with eyes filled with desire... for me.

I knew I couldn't keep the truth from him any longer, so I told him everything about my past. He listened patiently, but to my surprise, that look in his eyes didn't change. He said he didn't care who I was in the past, he was only interested who I was at that time. And I couldn't resist him anymore. I gave in for the urge of desire. We have become one that night.

I never felt so happy! Those were the most glorious months of my life... but I paid a steep price for my weakness. For this stallion, by the name of Midnight Haze had secret ambitions. As our relationship evolved I've become under his influence more and more. I could jump on a speeding train from a carriage only because he asked. He was an extremely impressive manipulator... I did anything he asked without a question. I even killed for him...

He used me to grab power in the Terran Republic...and I was his instrument to get the throne... he's become a tyrant... and I was his slave. As his power grew, so did his arrogance and appetite. He was always craving for more, no matter how much he had. By the time I finally realized the truth, I was his slave... I lived under his rule in chains and inhumane surroundings for almost a decade.

When I broke out of the haze he surrounded m mind with, he almost killed me. *pulls mane away from the right side of her neck* See this scar? It was made by his blade, when he stabbed me in the neck. But he underestimated the true power that dwells within me. My magic shattered the enchanted ring he placed on my horn to block my powers... eventually I prevailed... and I exacted terrible vengeance on the stallion I once loved. I tortured him brutally for 5 days, until he begged for me to kill him. A small part of me still had feelings for him, so I complied and granted him the salvation he wanted.

After that, I hid from the world, returned to my cave in the Badlands and lived alone ever since. Until I bumped into my brother along with many prisoners... So I freed them. When Landslide told me what was going on here, I decided to help him restore balance. And we are here... *lowers head* Now you know everything...
Jade_23 commented…
Holy Hell. That is one epic flashback... Reminds me of someone.. over a year ago
NocturnalMirage commented…
Thanks! Gald you liked it! :3 Also if I may ask who? over a year ago
Jade_23 commented…
A friend of mine.. :) over a year ago
Oh, okay. I see. :D over a year ago
Wheat: *stares at ground, with no emotion on her face* How unfair was your love.. It hurts giving love but getting nothing back..
Summer: At first it was pure... at least that's what I like to believe... but somewhere along the way his personal ambitions proved to be stronger than his love for me. And when he's seen what I'm capable of, he used me... he didn't treat me like a mare from then on, but an object or a weapon instead... and I was a fool to trust him... if I realized earlier what he was up to, everything would be different. But I was in love... for the very first time in my life. And that feeling consumed everything else, until it was too late. *a faint smile passes through her face* But that's ancient history now.
Wheat: ..Do you miss him?
Summer: Of course. There's not a single day, when I don't think about him. I remember his love... it was like the Sun, shining down all on you, bathing you in its war rays... but I also remember his treachery which feels like an icy spear in my heart. Unfortunately, I'm not like my brother, who made peace with himself.
Wheat: I see.. *lifts head, still with no emotion on her face and continues walking* ..Love can be quite painful, indeed.
Summer: *teleports in front of Wheat* You're right. But I think you're forgetting something. I know you're the kind of mare who has more than what mets the eye. So, what happened to you? You know about my past, which not many ponies do. This creates a special connection between us, so I assume you're gonna tell me what happened to you. It's only fair and this was the deal.
Wheat: Alright.. Well.. As you know, I don't like ponies helping me. Because based off my experience, don't put your life in somebody's hooves, because they're bound to steal it away.. *clears throat* Anyways.. My mother was accused of being a heretic.. For stealing.. Killing.. and for being a prostitute.. But she did all those things for a reason.. To keep my family alive.. Father was too busy being an idiot to help.. Both of them would always fight.

I admit I was never a happy foal. I never went to school, so I had no education as a filly.. Although, my mother tried her best to raise me as a smart mare. My brothers were just like my dad. Ignorant, unfaithful, Greedy, and dishonest. I was never like that. She taught me how to hunt, protect myself, and.. Even love myself.

Anyways, being daughter of a heretic automatically converted me into one. So I had no friends growing up. I wasn't allowed to leave the valley without supervision, or I'd get killed. If I went to the village with my mother, I'd have to be ready for all the insults from Pegasi, Unicorns, and even Earth Ponies.

Yeah, she wasn't such a great Parent.. But she loved me very much.. She was my only friend. Someone who understood me, cared for me, and loved me. Both of us were even kicked out from our own house.. My father came home drunk once.. Wasn't fun at all.. *stays quiet for a moment*

epic! just as I expected! :3 over a year ago
Jade_23 commented…
Sorry it took so long. Had to redo it three times. T.T over a year ago
no probs. :3 over a year ago
Summer: I know how that feels, my dear. I too had a loving mother, yet we weren't even related by blood. My real mother died giving birth to me... That is why my father remained emotionally unavailable to me... he couldn't stand the sight of me... I guess I always reminded him of her...