My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Fanfiction Collab Ideas

Quillabex posted on Sep 23, 2013 at 02:12AM
Mainly for me and NocturnalMirage, but open to the public as well.

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic 94 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 94

over a year ago Quillabex said…
First of all, would it be easier to do something about OC's or the actual characters of MLP?
over a year ago NocturnalMirage said…
I like a bit of this bit of that, like a mixture...
over a year ago Seanthehedgehog said…
Honestly it would be cool with both. If you're going to include characters from the actual show, try sticking with background ponies.
Hmm, well I just posted the prologue for a story I never finished, and it's really bad XD, because I was like in 6th or 7th grade lol. Anyway, it includes both an OC's and characters from the show.
Actually the origin story of my OC's includes some of the mane six, but not by blood. So, I don't mind if OC's get mixed with canon characters...
So we should do a story about an OC(s) and include some canon characters?
Well, it depends on the plot itself. If it would be more interesting with an OC or two, then great, for example a new antagonist. If not, we can stick with canon characters.
over a year ago kivamarie said…
:'(
I think we should mix it up a little and use an OC or two.
I agree. So if that's settled, what should be our main setting?
main setting my butt :'(
*face-hoof*
what? :'(
Nothing, nothing...
no you face hoof at me
Perhaps in Canterlot? I guess it's hard to say without a plot... XD
All right, good for starters. So who should be the primary protagonist?
Hmm. Well do you wanna make it one of your's or mine OC's?
Good question... it could be both and I'm thinking of a Cloud Atlas style...
Cloud Atlas?
Haven't seen that movie? I's brilliant... complex as hay, but brilliant. So okay, the main deal is, our OC's could exist on different timelines, like one in let's say 1960, the other in 2100, the numbers are just examples of course. And even though they exist on different timelines, their actions somehow would have an effect on each other, or something...
Ohhhhh, I like the sound of it. That's one Idea.
What if we did something like Revolution? In that show, it's where are the power goes out and they try to find out why and how to turn it back on. Instead, for some reason, all magical powers would disappear, so unicorns and alicorns cannot use magic, and pegasi can't control the weather 24/7 since just touching a cloud would make their hoof go through it.
Hah, I love that idea! That license is bought! :D
So should we go with that plot and use one of both of our OC's as the primary protagonists?
Sounds like a plan. Now we should come up with the primary antagonist...
It should be someone who has an advantage to the plot sort of... (do you have Netflix?)
Nope, I don't have netflix unfortunately... Listen I have to go now... work starts soon.
Ah okay, TTYL
Bye! I'll try to think somepony who could be a good antagonist...
Okay, I'm back... and I've been thinking, and I still don't have a clear image of our antagonist. It could be somepony who tries to replace the lost magical force with technology so invents new stuff or something...
That would work
Also, there could be different fractions, depending on the region, like Celestia's fraction would stay in Canterlot, Luna would also lead a fraction of her own for some reason, for example in Manehatten, Cadence has the Crystal Empire, Chrysalis could go into the Everfree Forest and team up with Zecora, in effort to restore magic, the Elements of Harmony could lead Ponyville, Gilda could also show up as the leader of the griffon fraction and all these different parties could rival with each other, some of them will become enemies, some of them make new alliances, but their major goal is to restore magic You know... Following that train of thought, I believe our primary protagonists should start off in entirely different fractions (not necessarily have to be enemies), so we could follow a classic plot-line with two main threads. Furthermore, our primary antagonist could be somepony we haven't met before, somepony who will rise from one of these fractions and have the advantage due to the technology he/she created or something. What do you think?
I liked the sound of that. And I think a better word to use would be factions, because, I dunno, "Celestia's Faction, Celestia's Fraction", lol idk. And I think the antagonist should be somehow connected to Celestia and Luna, someone who was close to them, but always jealous of their power, like for an example, Sunset Shimmer. So if could be another alicorn that gained his/her wings and horn artificially and was close to both of them because maybe he/she was a student.
Oh, yes, maybe I misused that word, sorry, English is not my mother tongue. Anyways I was too thinking of Sunset Shimmer cos she could have learned how human technology works, so she comes back to take revenge, but then all the magic evaporates so she can't go back to the human world...
Wait but I thought she was stuck in the human world? Anyway, I think it could be a close friend of Sunset Shimmer or a sibling and Sunset would tell him/her about the human technology and such, and this friend/sibling also wanted revenge on Celestia and Luna so once all magic disappeared she/he would eventually figure out how to "turn on" the magic again and use it against all the other factions so she/he could rule Equestria, just like Sunset Shimmer wanted to, but that's where the protagonists come in to stop him/her.
Hmm... I like that idea. But that means the antagonist will be an OC as well.
Correct. Okay what do we have so far?
A Revolution-style basic setting when all magic vanishes for some unknown reason, and Equestria splits up to different factions, all trying to get magic back somehow. The main plot will follow the fate of two OC's (one yours, one mine) of different factions, possibly seperated by thousands of miles at the beginning. Our primary antagonist will most likely be an OC which I suppose we create together, but this character is the friend of Sunset Shimmer and takes on her mantle of taking revenge on Celestia and Luna... Also, some cameos of canon characters, such as Chrysalis and Gilda are expected. hmm, not bad in such short time. :)
last edited over a year ago
Awesome, so we have our plot down. Let's focus more on the characters.
Does it matter if it's an alicorn OC or not? Should we keep it with regular ol OC's?
Yeah, I think we should. I don't really like alicorn OC's, cos they usually overpowered one dimensional, better than everyone (with a few exceptions of course) and there are way too many alicorns in the original canon already. I'd suggest the antagonist should be a unicorn, and the protagonists could be an earth pony and a pegasus, that way we have all three races...
Okay, do you care if your's is a earth pony or not? Because I don't either...
Nope, not really. My main OC is already an earth pony, although I would love to enter the body of a pegasus, cos I've never really done that. I also think, the two protagonists could be a mare and the stallion, so that gives us the chance for a love interest sub-plot further on.
Ohohoho, loooooove. XD. If you want, your OC can have the pegasus role, I don't mind submitting an earth pony role.
Well, love is only optional, if we decide to go with it. All right then, I think I'll take the role of the pegasus stallion, since I am a stallion in real life too. That is, if it's okay with you. :)
No, no! Take it, whatever you're happy with. I'll be doing the earth pony role of a mare, if you wanna know what she looks like, I just put up a poll of her because I can't figure out a name lol
Oh, okay... I don't have a clear image of my OC yet as well... What about their past, they were born in the era of magic, or after it was gone?
I think in the era of magic, because well one, the main characters in the actual show were born years before the power went out and two, I think the protagonists would have more story to tell if they were born in the era of magic.
Yes, I agree. Also, I checked out your OC and she reminds me of coldness and sunlight, so I thought to myself: Sunrise Frost... just an idea...
Hmm, I like that, I'll add it to the list. Thanks. Or you can, either way. On the other hand, you should start think about the description of your OC, and yes I think they should fall in love at some point.