My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Fading Light RP

NocturnalMirage posted on Aug 12, 2015 at 07:56PM
They say that just like ponies, countries and empires have lives too. They go through the same stages as we do. When they are born, they start out small. Then the bigger they grow, the stronger they get. They make many mistakes when they are young but eventually, they learn to distinguish right from wrong, friend from enemy, conquest from massacre. As they evolve and reach their peak, they are like a mighty stallion at the prime of his life. Powerful, determined, sharp-minded and fueled by the passion and willingness to change the world. But just like us, empires grow old eventually. They become weak, desperate and fragile. Internal illnesses sprout up like weeds in a once beautiful but abandoned garden. The smell of decay attracts the prowling enemies and they gather around to finish what time has already started...

The changelings came from nowhere 8 years ago and brought terror to all. We have managed to stop their mad Queen and foolishly believed that such a victory will mean the end of the war. But we were wrong... so horribly wrong. When we thought our world was safe, it fell apart before our very eyes.

The battle at the Isles of Romani was merely the beginning. The beginning of OUR end. We have fought valiantly till our last breaths. But we were no match for these new weapons the beasts of the abyss have created. When we truly realized what we were up against, it was already too late... One by one, the Southern Kingdoms have fallen. Zebria, Antelopia, The Plain's Nation... they were all consumed by the endless armies of the changelings.

Before we could react, the monsters were pounding on our gates. We had to learn the new ways of war quickly. We gathered the greatest minds of our kind to create weapons that could rival the changeling technology. Factories emerged from the ground one after the other within weeks. We witnessed as our leaders decided to use the new inventions of doom. But the abyssal monsters did not stop. We responded to fire with fire but the only thing that we achieved is to smolder the world to dust.

Through great courage and sacrifice, we were able to stop the changeling invasion. But the effort was too much for our country and the war ripped it into three.

The pegasi were warriors by nature and could not accept surrender. They have seceded from what was left of the Equestrian empire and formed Western Equestria. The winged soldiers continued the war with the changelings and successfully defended their territories for years...

The dwellers of the tundra; the elks, the hypogriffs, the deer and the griffons created the Northern Federation and broke off all contact with the rest of the world. The griffons, who were once great warriors, just hid in their cold, desolate mountain like cowards.

The remaining regions of the former Empire took the name of Central Equestria. Their King was able to protect the most valuable and strategically important cities, like Manehatten. But he only prolonged the agony of his nation...

Year after year, the war waged on... Every side suffered tremendous casualties but none could triumph over the other. The battle has become a stalemate. The front lines have solidified like a frozen lake. But the so-called truce did not bring too much relief... Disease, hunger, violence and riots spread like wildfires only the never sleeping factories remained constant... the pale Sun always hides behind the dense, black smoke coming from their chimneys, like if it was ashamed of the world. Well... the Sun has every right to feel that way...

So I guess the saying is true... Countries do have the same life cycles as we do. And ours is dying. When the ponies lose faith in their own country, that country is doomed to be lost in the sands of time... After all... this is the Age of the Fading Light.

RULES:

- No godmodding (nopony's all-powerful and/or invincible, not even Celestia herself)

- No puppeteering (please refrain from taking control of someone else's character without a permission)

- No killing each other's characters without permission.

- No Deus ex Machina (a conflict cannot be magically solved/made disappear by a simple flash of a horn.)

- There is no character/person limit, you may play as many characters as you want, within a reasonable number of course.

- Please do not implement anything that deviates drastically from the established laws of the show!

- We like to keep a fast pace and although this is not a specific rule, but try to post daily so you won't fall out of the loop.

- And most importantly: HAVE FUN!

In order to join with your OC, please fill out this short character sheet below!

Name:
Personality:
Bio: (optional)
Voiced by: (optional)

Useful tips:

- This is the sequel of the Eye of Anubis RP. However, you don't really need to have too much knowledge of the previous RP. Only a few characters are the common link. So that shouldn't hold you back if you wish to join! :)

- This RP takes place in a time period AFTER the Medieval times of Equestria. The premise is more or less like our world was during the Great Industrial Revolution in the 18th century. Lots of new technologies, machines, factories and overall pretty bad life conditions.

- The RP takes place 8 YEARS AFTER the events of the prequel, however, there will be some flashbacks.

- The RP will be full of twists, the tables will be turned every once in a while which will mean that the fine line between antagonists and protagonist will not be as unambiguous as usual.
They say that just like ponies, countries and empires have lives too. They go through the same stages
last edited on Aug 12, 2015 at 08:03PM

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic 3438 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 51-100 of 3438

over a year ago NocturnalMirage said…
Catapult: *turns to Meadow and observes her face with a raised eyebrow, clearly searching through his memories to attach a name to the familiar mare. After a couple of seconds, the spark of recognition flashes in his eyes* M...Meadow? Is that really you? Oh my goodness, it's been ages since the last time I saw you! And look at you! You're a grown mare!
over a year ago Jade_23 said…
Meadow: Yes, I believe so. *smiles brightly* Thank you. You haven't changed much since I last saw you. When was that? About six years? Hmm.. Anyhow, what brings you here? Are you planning on signing up for the role of a teacher?
Catapult: Haha, no, that's not really my game! I'm here because of them. *points to the two fillies and the colt playing together and that fatherly smile of his grows ever bigger* They are my children and it's the first day of school.
Meadow: *looks at the three young ponies playing* Oh, you are bringing them here? To my school?

The triplets all fly back to their dad once they see the teacher standing besides them.

Tanis: Hi! Are those muffins for us?
Meadow: Well, ye-
Tanis: *grabs a blueberry muffin and devours it*
Meadow: The last time I saw you was when Wheat helped Tsura through labor. I almost didn't recognize you, Tanis.
Tanis: Why? Are you blind?
Meadow: I also see you developed your mother's personality.. How sweet..
Catapult: Tanis, be nice to Meadow here! She's an old friend! *as the colt is running around them, Catapult keeps talking, completely ignoring the noise* Yes I'm bringing them here, but I didn't know this was your school... hah, how small is this world!
over a year ago alinah_09 said…
The years went on like a blur for Astral; one second he was stargazing at night to look at constellations,then fought a war with changelings and now he was now one of the ponies working on building firearms--most especially guns of all sorts. He took to himself to learn the basic structures of his own weapon inherited by his ancestors to create new ones just to keep the outside enemies at bay. Astral didn't really like it that much,he never wanted war...he just wanted to see his family and live in peace again,and of course to have time to himself and stargaze at night---not that he could see much anymore due to factory smoke---he knew Landslide didn't want it to end like this either but they needed to adapt to situations like this. They had been unfinished business and he supposed the time to settle it was not today. Although he wasn't completely miserable,after all he had Crystal for company all these years, he acted as a sort of father or older brother for her to fill the gap and she did the same...plus he still had his friends so it wasn't all that bad...Right at this moment, he was at his office at the weapon factory again, observing parts of their newest model when he heard a knock on the door.

Astral: Come in. *assembles parts to see how it would work then scribbles on a notepad*
Crystal: ...I knew it. You were here early again? *pouty face* that won't do...I'm guessing you just drank coffee today again?
Astral:...yes--But! you know how it is...it's always busy these days...
Crystal: Nope! Yeah,i know it's miserable and sad and lonely and--you get the point! but that doesn't mean you have to make yourself even more miserable! You need to eat!
Astral: huh...funny,I think I said the same to you years ago. *chuckles* but okay...How about you go grab me some breakfast in the market? Maybe an apple or two, I'd come with you but...yeah.
Crystal: Nuh-uh! *flies swiftly in front of him then pulls him off his chair* You need some fresh air!
Astral: I don't think there's fresh air anymore but...*sigh* Okay okay...just give me a minute to clean these up.
Crystal: *fist pumps*
over a year ago Windwakerguy430 said…
Steel Sword: Not in these woods. Follow me. I'll lead you to the nearby town (Leads him to town)
Astral: *both of them are now walking through the path to the city* Hmmm...yeah,so how are you and your friends doing at the Academy?
Crystal: Well...it's more on training and stuff now like I said before...but I'm doing well on archery! It's all thanks to those lessons you gave me then.
Astral: haha...you're a fast learner,you could have learned that without me doing anything.
Crystal: That's not true at all,brother! Oh here we are! Hmmm...let's go to Sir Platinum's place to grab breakfast...maybe a salad or something!...without carrots for me.
Astral: You still don't like them? *raises brow playfully*
Crystal: Nope...never will. *gets a head start and flies a small loop* c'mon Astral!
Steel Sword: I do have something (Reaches into her back and takes out a piece of bread) Here
Steel Sword: I want to help others around me. It is the right thing to do
Steel Sword: Well, after seeing what the worst a pony can do to another, I never wanted to do such things to others. That is why I want to help others, including you
Steel Sword: During the Earth Pony rebellion, I saw ponies being publically executed, whipped, and tortured. I myself was sold as a slave to pleasure much richer folk. Ever since then, I never wanted to do the same to others. That is why I want to help ponies. No one deserves the torment I have seen
(I thought Steel was a unicorn...??)
NocturnalMirage commented…
yeah, me too! xD over a year ago
(Nope. She was always an earth pony with an amulet :P)
Steel Sword: No, that isn't true. Everypony deserves the chance to live. Not a single pony in this world deserves to die.
Steel Sword: Your right. I don't. But I know that whatever you did, it doesn't mean you deserve to die
Steel Sword: (Walks with him until they reach the outer wall) Here we are. The city
Steel Sword: Very well. Take care.... I don't think I got your name
Steel Sword: Well, good luck, Thunderstorm
Steel Sword: Good bye
(yep, I'm bending the original canon a bit, but who cares? xD)
Wheat was in the hospital with her daughter, Willow, organizing supplies in the bedrooms. She perks her green ears and turns to the voice, wearing a white robe as a sign of being a doctor at the clinic. She greets the stallion with a smile and settles her daughter on the ground.

Wheat: Good Morning! I'm Dr. Roll, but just call me Wheat. What can I help you with?

Meadow: Oh.. I see. Well, I'm glad to have such.. Good new students.. Haha.. *opens the gate with her keys* Don't worry, they are in great hooves. Tell Tsura I said hi. *opens the door for the children, and stares in awe at Tanis' backpack* Hmmm.. *ignores the thought*

Tsura: *continues to walk, then pauses as the ground shakes for a while. The mare stares in confusion at the gloomy sky then back ahead of her. She walks through the Everfree Forest, keeping her head down until she arrives into the city*
(Making a new OC)

Name: Long Range
Race: Stallion
Personality: Short tempered, irritable, but very loyal
Bio: Became the captain of the guards quickly, but seeing no way to rise up any higher in the ranks, he soon grew tired, leading to his irritability. However, he is still a skilled fighter and wishes to help his kingdom

Long Range: (See's Longsword and Toy Sword arrive) There you two are. You're both late. What the hell took you both so long
Longsword: Women? Let me tell you, they can be real picky with how you look
Long Range: Whatever. Just get to work on watching the wall
Longsword: (Tries to be serious) Yes sir
Long Range: (Walks off)
Catapult: I have no doubts about your skills, Meadow. But I have to go now... the shift starts in less than twenty minutes. *waves at his children* Take care, kids! And behave yourselves! *unfolds his wings and takes off*

Only half an hour after the strange event that shook the earth, a group of ponies are standing inside a puritan office, facing the King, or to be precise, the governor of Centralia.

Landslide: Report.
Officer: Your highness...
Landslide: I told you not to call me that! I told everypony!
Officer: I'm sorry...
Landslide: *gets up from his desk to look the officers in the eye* Carry on, please!
Office: Yes... of course... *clears throat* So as I was saying, our reports confirmed that the unidentified object crashed in the inner territories of the dreaded Everfree Forest.
Landslide: It came from the skies. So what is it? A meteor? A comet?
Officer: We don't know yet, Sir.
Landslide: I see. Send out a squad to do a sweep search of the area. And tell them to proceed with extra caution! Despite a few minor conflicts on the Southern borders, there hasn't been too much movement... but this might be a trick of the changelings.
Officer: *bows* By your command!
Landslide: Thank you, gentlecolts! You are dismissed!

The officers leave the room and Landslide takes a couple of minutes to enjoy the peace and quiet. Then his secretary comes in.

Secretary: Your High... err... I mean, Sir! First royal Detective Slingshot called again. Would you like to take it?
Landslide: No. I have other things to deal with at the moment. Tell her that I shall contact her as soon as I can.
Secretary: Yes, of course!
Landslide: Thank you!
Meadow: *waves at Catapult with her bright smile, then turns to the kids* You'll have lots of fun!

Toy Sword: Are soldiers always this serious? Hmm.. Some fun would be nice at times..

Wheat: I understand. At times like this there isn't much to have.. Do you have a name?
Longsword: That's what I've been telling them, Toy. But, don't worry. Only he's like that. The other soldiers aren't so serious
Wheat: Nice to meet you, Thunderstorm! Oh, don't bother! I don't want your money. I don't want anything from you. *smiles generously* I can offer you a room at my house. It is not big. My son lived there when he was just a colt.. Now he's all grown up fighting Changelings.. What a future.. *sighs* Anyways, I have food and water. The only ponies who live there is my daughter, Willow, and my husband. Occasionally my older daughter and son will visit. But other than that, my home is your home. I don't need you to clean or anything. I'm helping you because I want to. Unfortunately, I have a busy schedule today until lunch. Which is in an hour or so. *flips through the pages of her clipboard* I'm suppose to be receiving a patient in any minute-

The doctor's comment is interrupted by the wooden doors of the building abruptly opening. A pony hidden beneath a hoodie walks in, but by the form of the cloak, it is easy to tell it's a mare. The mysterious pony enters the room quietly, then once she is besides Wheat Roll and Thunderstorm, she takes off the hoodie and reveals herself as Tsura.

Wheat: Aaaand she was the next patient! *smiles at the gypsy* Nice to see you, Miss Sly.
Tsura: *raises eyebrow* Let's get this over with. Hospitals creep me out.
Wheat: *looks back at Thunderstorm* This is Tsura.
Tsura: *glares at the mare for giving out her name.*
Wheat: Yes.. Well, Tsura, this is Thunderstorm. You see, sir, we've been pulling citizens into the office to check for any symptoms of sicknesses that may be contagious. Today is Tsura's turn. I'd greatly appreciate it if you'd let me do a check up on you! It'll be quick, I promise!

Toy Sword: Hmm.. Good! What gun will I be using today, father?
Longsword: The same one I am using. A flintlock pistol
The white unicorn looked out the window of the armored train that was speeding through the desolate lands. Near the Mideastern borderlines of Western Equestria, most of the landscape appeared to be the same. burnt down houses, abandoned villages... farming equipment, swords, broken bows, shattered pieces of body armors all rusting quietly among the few weeds that still managed to survive here. Ever since the pegasi pulled out of this region and evacuated the citizens five years ago, it's been a dead zone. Sometimes, the mare could even see a few skeletons; the bones were whitened by the sunlight. The earth was full of scars, black craters of various sizes... The grim memento of a war long lost. One of the fiercest battles were fought on these forsaken lands but now, only the monotonous clicking of the steam locomotive was the only sound that broke the depressing quietness.

Despite the fact that Western Equestria seceded from the rest of the Empire, commercial routes were built and were still in use up to this day. Of course the borders were guarded heavily and every single pony who arrived there had to go through several military checkpoints and thorough search. Only a few, rich privileged were allowed on such trains - besides the Western military, of course - and it would have been a lot more difficult for Summer Pride to get aboard if she hadn't picked up a few tricks during the past eight years.

The white mare has changed a lot during this time, but kept traits of her old self as well. One of them was the appreciation of elegance and a little luxury. In spite of the dark thoughts which kept haunting her tortured mind, she took some time to embrace her surroundings. The comfortable, plushy seat, the cozy, warm fire in the mini stove, classic literature, fine quality tobacco and a bottle of exquisite red wine.

She poured more of the fine liquid in her glass and took a lady-like sip. Then her eyes wandered back on the black and white drawing, hanging on the wall in front of her. It depicted a changeling stallion with a bony face, cheekbones sticking out like spikes, and a pair of cold, sharp and empty blue eyes behind the strange crystalline glasses. Of course, Summer drew the picture herself from memory a few months ago. That's why her face darkened as she kept staring at her creation. but it also filled her soul up with determination and rage.

However, this rage was utterly different than the kind she felt before... that.. Now her rage did not blind her completely like it used to. This rage was coming from deeper. It was cold, rigid, merciless and unforgiving.

The unicorn abstractedly started playing with the knife which was a part of the silverware served with the food. She held her hoof in front of her face and locked her eyes on the shiny, hovering object. The knife was spinning around its axis slowly without her touching it or using her magic. Then the blade sliced through the air like butter and struck the piece of paper on the wall. Right in the middle of the drawing's eyes.

The train slowed down and eventually came to a halt. The soldiers knocked on the door of every cabin yelling: "INSPECTION!"

A satisfied, devilish grin expanded on the otherwise beautiful mare's face even though she knew it will take a couple more hours to get through the border. but from there, the rest of the trip to Manehatten will be easy.

Summer: Do not worry, Doctor! I'm coming. And since I will be in Centralia, I shall settle some other old scores as well.
last edited over a year ago
NocturnalMirage commented…
nah, it'll all make sense as the rp goes on, everything will be explained. :D over a year ago
Astral: *eating salad,hay fries and orange juice when he felt a slight rumbling from the ground,he paused for a second but continued eating*
Crytal: So much time has passed now...I always thought I'd live the same ol' boring life when i get older but here we are...still in the middle of war...and alone. *she suddenly picks at her food* It's quite weird to think that when we used to be in peaceful Equestria...
Astral: Yes... ...and I used to stargaze a lot to see messages from the Constellations,the stars above...but now I feel a little bit more anxious now that I can't see them anymore because of the constant black smoke...
Crystal: Well...*sigh*... Alright! Stop! We're being miserable again! Let's just eat yeah? and maybe visit some old friends...maybe even Blair and the others. *takes a sip of orange juice--or rather,gobbled it up until nothing was left,then she puts some bits on the table as she stands up* Let's go!
Astral: ....but I still have work to do?
Crystal:...are you seriously putting work before friends?
Astral: *sigh* Guess I'm reverting to how I was before...alright,lets go.
Wheat: Wonderful! Both of you follow me!

The stallion and gypsy both do as the doctor says, and they are soon both lead to a small, white room where two green beds are settled along with cabinets full of medicine and strange devices. Both of the ponies took a seat in each bed as Wheat walked around the room, gathering some papers.

Wheat: Alright.. Last time we checked you, Tsura, you were perfectly fine.
Tsura: I'm always fine.
Wheat: Hm.. *walks toward the gypsy and pulls out a small stick* Say ah.
Tsura: *observes the stick, then widens her mouth*
Wheat: Your palates seem to be fine. *asks her to lie down, then observes the inside of her ears* Surprisingly you take good care of your furry ears.. Impressive.. Smile.
Tsura: What?
Wheat: I said smile.
Tsura: What does this have to do with anything?!
Wheat: I want to check your jaws as well.
Tsura: *sighs, then expands the smile with annoyed eyes*
Wheat: *touches Tsura's neck and mandible* Everything is fine there. *slips her hoof between the gypsy's back*
Tsura: Hey! I have a husband if I must remind you!
Wheat: I do as well, Tsura! I must check your heart! Now breathe.
Tsura: *takes a deep breath*
Wheat: Perfect, that wasn't so hard, was it?
Tsura: So are we done?
Wheat: Of course not! Today you will be receiving a shot!
Tsura: Oh good, I needed a drink.
Wheat: No silly, its one of our new inventions.. It helps transfer the medicine into the body easier. All patients are suppose to take this to prevent any disease. Small Pox, Malaria, Dysentery, Influenza, etc! We're living under dangerous circumstances here, Tsura.
Tsura: *tilts her head, appearing like a lost filly* Umm..
Wheat: *walks to the cabinets and pulls out a long, thick needle* This is the vaccine.
Tsura: WHAT?! I did not come here for that! I don't like your Equestrian devices! *frowns* I don't like needles!
Wheat: Quit acting like a filly! Willow is braver than you when it comes to this stuff. Last time I asked you to take daily pills for your bones. Instead, you through the pills down the river!
Tsura: *Stands up and walks around the room, ignoring her comment and observing the devices in curiosity, looking like a confused little girl* What's that?
Wheat: That's a scale.
Tsura: And that?
Wheat: A thermometer.
Tsura: *observes the sharp objects on the desk, then constricts her eyes in memory* Why do you have torture devices here?!
Wheat: *sighs* Tsura.. These are needed if we perform surgery. Hurry now. I must check Thunderstorm. And I have lunch break in ten minutes!
Tsura: No, I don't want your needles. *begins to walk out the room*
Wheat: *drags Tsura back in* Tsura, look at that fish in the tank.. It helps younger ponies to forget about the needle. Just concentrate on that. It'll be quick.
Tsura: *sighs, then observes the orange fish swimming around in it's tank*
Wheat: *wipes Tsura's arm with a wet cloth, then brushes her fur different ways on her coat. She pulls out the needle, quickly penetrating the vaccine into her skin and injecting the medicine in her veins*
Tsura: OW!!! Bleh! I can taste the medicine!
Wheat: *pulls the needle out and places a bandage over the small hole* You might feel your arm numb, that's normal.
Tsura: *frowns and sits back down on her bed, grooming the spot that hurts with her tongue*
Wheat: *rolls her eyes, then turns to Thunderstorm* Your turn, dear!

Toy Sword: That's awesome! Let's practice right now! I won't injure any pony, I promise and I'll only pull the trigger when I need to! *smiles anxiously* I can do this!!!
Longsword: Alright (Hands him a pistol) Just aim at those stacked up boxes over there. But be careful, as that weapon will knock back from the firepower, so try to keep it steady when you fire it
Wheat: Of course! Anything that is comfortable with you. *examines Thunderstorm's eyes with a light* Your vision seems to be perfect! *checks his ears like she did with Tsura's* Clean Ears, no infection. Alright, let's check your heart. *slips her cold hooves up his spine* Breathe please.

Toy Sword: Alright! *focuses on the boxes from afar, raising the weapon and aiming the gun at his target. His hooves shake a little, but he is able to calm down after one deep breath. The stallion pulls the trigger, and a loud gunshot is heard across the area. When he opens his eyes, he realizes he shot a tree rather than the boxes* Oh..
Longsword; Don't worry. It just takes some practice, that's all. No one ever hits their target on the first try. Just take a deep breathe and try again
('Night!)

Wheat: Your heart seems to be working well. I can tell you're a bit nervous. But no, nothing else. We just need to end it with a flu shot. It won't hurt, I promise. Tsura just likes to make scenes.
Tsura: Make a scene? Excuse me, doctors in the asylum wanted to drill a whole in my head to release the evil spirits!!!!
Wheat: *rolls her eyes, then fills the vaccine with a clear liquid from a brown bottle* You'll feel just a sting. *injects the vaccine on his arm, and releases the clear liquid in his veins. She pulls out the needle and covers it with the top. The mare then sticks a cloth-like bandaid on his hoof* All done! *washes her hands in the sink nearby, then takes off her white cloak and hangs it on the wall* I'll be going out for lunch with my daughter. My next shift starts in two hours. *turns to Thunderstorm and Tsura* ...Say, would you like to join me? I'll pay. *smiles, then looks at Tsura* We can catch up on things. *turns her head at Thunderstorm* And you must be hungry. After I'll drop you off at my house.
Tsura: No thanks, I don't like being out in public. Last time crowds saw me they thought I was there to steal and kill. They all insulted me!
Wheat: Come on.. You only pass your days in that cabin of yours in the forest. You should interact more with ponies besides your family.
Tsura: Hmm.. I do need to go to the market as well.. I promised my daughter I'd bring her those Equestrian chocolates.. Those are hard to find!
Wheat: Then come with me. Let's pick up something to eat. Then we can go to the market.. I need a new scarf as well for the winter! Let's go have fun as.. Old friends. *smiles at Tsura*
Tsura: *keeps the frown on her face as she looks at Wheat, then sighs* Wow, dimples.. You haven't changed at all.
Wheat: Is that a yes?
Tsura: Do I really have a choice?
Wheat: Ha! This will be so much fun! *looks at Thunderstorm* There's a restaurant down by the street! Come on! *walks out of the room and carries her daughter in her hooves*
Tsura: *groans as she places her hoodie back on, then follows the earth pony*

Toy Sword: This is actually quite hard.. *raises the gun once again and aims it at the boxes. When he shoots, he opens his eyes only to realize he shot the tree once again. The stallion sighs and gives the gun back to his father* Yep, I suck at this.. I'll never be a good soldier. I can only use a sword.
Catapult was in his office, which was basically a glass box above the assembly lines of the weapon factory. That way he could oversee the entire complex. But his eyes were locked on the blueprints on his desk. The pegasus furrowed a brow as he observed the complex schematics. it was a design for a new long range weapon but the project has been rather troublesome from the very beginning. The crew encountered several problems during the process, including the lack of raw materials. The monthly shipment of coal and iron did not arrive in time... Again. And when it did, they got only half of the promised quantity. Thus, the factory had to temporarily shut two furnaces down. Catapult knew that won't look good in their quarterly report. The facility was only working on 70% capacity. And these setbacks only threw more obstacles in the way of his current project, yet the deadline was closing in fast.

At home, Catapult may have been a little scatterbrained; his children played a huge part in that. But in his work, he was quite punctual and precise. That's why he was here. The orange pegasus started out as a regular worker at the assembly lines 7 years ago in this factory, which was among the first ones to emerge from the ground like mushrooms after rain. His hooves were quick; he was always the first to assemble any kind of weapon. And he could disassemble them just as quick. Of course, in such troubles times, it took a while after his supervisors noticed him. But the 3 years he spent by the assembly lines gave him the necessary experience to become what he was today. Catapult never knew he had a sharp memory until he started working here. If he saw the process of assembling a weapon once or twice, he memorized it and could even repeat the process backwards. He learned every part of every weapon that they were producing. The initial chaos in his head quickly took form and become a part of a whole.

After three years, he was offered to be a part of a weapon's designer crew. He accepted of course, mainly because of the relatively better payment. The regular workers made almost next to nothing and Catapult wanted to provide for his family. And since he already knew how every weapon worked, he had new ideas to enhance them.

The G-132 series was his biggest success yet. This medium range rifle became a military standard in the Centralian army three years ago and it was developed under his supervision. But, no matter how reliable it was, the weapon was lacking power and it took a long time to reload the clip that contained five bullets, since it was based on the obsolete G-120, which was technically an ancient musket, not a modern rifle. Back then, they had to use what they had.

Catapult laid back on his chair, completely lost in memories. His mind drifted into the long past and an image of himself as a colt and his mother Slingshot appeared in his head.

The young Catapult was playing outside. before he was taken by the Black Feather Squad, one of his most joyful activities was to shoot Royal Guards with spitballs with a crude blowgun he made from rough paper. until his mother caught him one day. but to his surprise, he did not get any punishment that day. The forever cold and reserved Slingshot gently brushed the mane of her son, kneeling down to him. She took the blowgun out of his hooves then got her knife out. To the colt's shock, she cut it in half lengthwise and made spiral-like notches on the inside. Then she put the blowgun back together. The young Catapult looked up to his mother with confused eyes.

Slingshot: *with a discrete but gentle smile on her face* Good, my son! You are a born warrior indeed. But your weapon was not very effective. The striated pipe provides extra power, thus bigger shooting distance.

Then the sturdy mare left her son to return to her duties. But from then on, Catapult was able to use his blowgun within twice as much of distance than before...

The fog of nostalgia and reminiscing faded away from his eyes as the stallion as he looked around, not knowing where he is at first. Then he glanced at the blueprints in front of him.

Catapult: Of course!!!! Striated barrel! Increased bullet speed, bigger shooting distance!!!

He immediately grabbed a pencil and started drawing entirely new schematics. If they will be able to produce enough steel, the prototype might just be ready for the deadline after all!
Longsword: (Hands the gun back to his son) At first you don't succeed, try and try again. Just keep practicing until you do it, son. It just takes time
Astral and Crystal walked out of the quaint restaurant,thanking the employees for their service. Astral didn't really know where they were going to first seeing as he knew all his friends were all as busy as him after the kidnapping of the previous Queen...he hadn't seen much of them since then. As much as he disliked it,most of his time was needed to serve Central Equestria and of course to provide for Crystal's education and expenses. He regretted it,no doubt as he was going back to how he was before...alone and drowning himself with work. However,he refused to believe that until he really did drift a bit apart from them,he just hoped they wouldn't be too mad...

Astral: Crystal where are we going?
Crystal: Hmmm...wherever. We just go to somewhere close by so that we won't have to walk far.
Astral: ...and that is?
Crystal: We'll see when we get there...
Astral: ...you don't know where you're going now do you?
Crystal: Weeeeeell....
Steel Sword: (Walking through town, trying to see if anyone is in need of help)
(Astral and Crystal are so cute! xD)

Tsura: *tilts her head to Thunderstorm* What? Were you born yesterday? Do you know what an asylum is? *rolls eyes* It's a place well they send ponies with mental disorders. The pope sent me there, thinking they'd cure something in my mind that wasn't there! But let me tell you a secret.. Those doctors are nightmares. They wouldn't help you at all.. They wanted to see you suffer. They'd tie up innocents like me in a chair and torture you! They'd lock you in tiny rooms, that is where you become mad! They were the worst! You'd receive a piece of bread as lunch. *dilates her eyes* They'd want to drill inside your head, inside your hooves. They'd poke my upper eye with a hammer. They'd tie us up in churches and I stood there not understanding a single word they were talking about!! Iron cuffs and collars joined my bed. They would electrocute me in ice baths!!! They treated me with isolation for months.. It was a nightmare!!!!
Wheat: Alright, you are scaring my daughter! Enough! *walks through the crowd of ponies carrying Willow, followed by Thunderstorm and Tsura*

Toy Sword: *frowns, then sighs* Alright. One more try. *grabs the gun and aims it once again at the three boxes, focusing on the one in between. He sticks out his tongue, and this time keeps his eyes open at the target. When he shoots, the bullet slices in the air and penetrates the cardboard box. Toy Sword just stares at the box, shocked* I did it.. See, I told you this was easy!
Longsword: (Chuckles) Really? I thought you said you;d never be a good soldier, and now you're saying that is was easy
Crystal: Uhmm....oh! Hey look it's Tsura and Miss Wheat! I told you we'd see somepony! *points at where they are*
Astral: huh? *turns to see where Crystal is pointing* Oh...it is.
Wheat: Willow is eight years old. My son, Toy Sword, is eighteen years old. And my older daughter, Meadow, is twenty four. Willow is the only company I have left along with my husband. *lifts her head up and encounters Crystal and Astral, then widens her eyes* Is that really them? Wow, Crystal is all grown up! Let's go say hi.
Tsura: *frowns* I hate returning to the past.. *Sighs, then walks forward and fakes a smile* What a coincidence!
Longsword: Now, just see if you can hit the rest of the boxes
Wheat: Nonsense! *grabs Thunderstorm's hoof and drags him with her to the two other ponies* Hey! Astral! Crystal! It is so nice to see you! My, you've grown so much since I last saw you, Crystal! *pats her head* You look beautiful!
Tsura: Yeah, yeah.. Long time no see, how's life? Hope you have a good day and all. Bye now. *walks, but is then pulled back from Wheat*
Wheat: She just got her vaccine.. And she doesn't like it. Anyways, this is Thunderstorm. We were all heading to grab something to eat. Would you like to join? We can catch up on things!

Toy Sword: *frowns* That wasn't part of my training! I can't knock two boxes!
Astral: ...I see you haven't changed your sarcastic side Tsura.
Crystal: It's nice to see you both again! And wow! Willow's all grown up too! *bops her nose then giggles*
Longsword: Of course you can. You see that pole over there (Points at a pole) If you fire a bullet at it at the right spot, you could bounce the bullet off of it and hit both boxes at once. Just give it a try. I know you can do it
Tsura: *grins* You know what else hasn't changed? My beauty.
Wheat: *rolls her eyes* That was almost funny. *looks at Thunderstorm* Of course I get tired. But she likes to be carried around.
Tsura: How is the truth suppose to be funny?
Willow: I'm hungry..
Wheat: Alright, alright.. *tuns to Tsura* The restaurant is only a few minutes away. Ask for a table for us.
Tsura: Me? They won't listen to me, I'm a gypsy!
Wheat: Just try!
Tsura: *flares her wings, annoyed then flies off*
Wheat: ...Where were we?

Toy Sword: How can I possibly make an aim like that? That pole is too thin! I can hurt some pony.. Why is this so hard?! You make it look so easy!
Longsword: Just trust me, Toy. I know you can do it. You just need to grip the gun firmly, take a deep breath and concentrate. That's all it takes
Wheat: Thank you, I'd appreciate that!
Willow: *raises eyebrow at Thunderstorm, tilting her head* *she unexpectedly jumps on his back and sits down* Alright! Now I have more space!

Toy Sword: Hmm.. *raises his gun once again, and aims for the pole. He takes a deep breath, and when he shoots, he realizes Longsword was right. The bullet bounced of the pole and hit the box. His jaw drops in shock.* H-How did that happen?!

After a few minutes of flying, the lone mare lands near an elegant, big cabin with multiple tables and chairs outside of it. She calmly walks to one of the green tables, and sits on the chair staring at the organized forks and spoons wrapped in napkins. The gypsy taps her hoof on the table, keeping her head low to not attract any attention.. Suddenly, one of the waiters walks up to her with a paper and pen, joined with a smile.

Stallion: Good Evening. What can I get you today? Anything to drink?
Tsura: A glass of your strongest booze.. Rum would be fine, actually..
Stallion: *scribbles down on the piece of paper* Name?
Tsura: Dharma.
Stallion: Alright, Dharma. Coming right up!
Tsura: Bring more chairs as well. I have friends coming over.
Stallion *nods*