My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Oh how original. An RP! (Grand Galloping Gala 2012)

shadirby posted on Jul 17, 2012 at 10:15PM
Well, first I'd like to thank Feeny for the idea.

It's the Grand Galloping Gala 2012

Anyway, here are a FEW rules...
1) Nothing that is too mature for the club. Keep it PG guys.
2) No Mary-Sues/Gary Stus
3) STAY ON TOPIC.
4) No controlling any other ponies.
5) No killing off other ponies.
6) Please, please, PLEASE no recolors. Either uses the pony maker (link) or draw one. PLEASE?!
LET'S BEGIN.

My pony is Cotton Clouds...Follow this fill-out for your pony...Or, at least try.

Name: Cotton Clouds
Race: Pegasus
Cutie Mark: Thunder Cloud
Talent: Creating Thunderstorms...
Personality: Terribly mean, manipulative, afraid of commitment, has a soft spot, though, secretly.
Mane/Tail: Bright pink
Coat: Pale Pink
Eyes: Dark purple
Well, first I'd like to thank Feeny for the idea.

It's the Grand Galloping Gala 2012

Anyway, he
last edited on Jul 19, 2012 at 11:54PM

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic 48 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago shadirby said…
~~Prologue~~
Ah, the Grand Galloping Gala 2012. It's going to be...quite a different affair then the last time. Oh yes. For, this Gala will have less Canterlot snobs to ruin your dreams.That is, if they'll even try to tie down that attitude which ruins the atmosphere of tranquility So maybe, just maybe your dreams can come true. That is, if you're willing to try. The Grand Galloping Gala of 2011 wasn't as divine and sophisticated as it may seem. Come in and look your best--if you dare. For this Gala is...well, certainly much different from our previous occasions.

(Prologue written by PhoenixRoyale and shadirby)
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago KatTayle said…
Name: Cerulean Blue
Cutie Mark: None
Talent: None, although she is pretty good at riding her scooter and drawing humans
Personality: shy and kind, likes to contradict other ponies, smart
Coat: Blue
Mane/Tail: Dark blue
Eyes: light blue

Added ponymaker image!
Name: Cerulean Blue
Cutie Mark: None
Talent: None, although she is pretty good at ri
@KatTayle: You reminded me of a rule I forgot. Umm can you please either draw your fan character or make her on a pony maker? (link)
over a year ago Fearlessdude88 said…
smile
Name: Sonic Beat
Race: Pegases
Cutie Mark: Headphones
Talent: Music, djing, and drumming
Personality: Kind to Everypony, unless he comes into a conflict, sometimes can be pretty shy
Coat: Garnet color
Main/Tail: Blue/yellow
Eyes: light blue
Name: Sonic Beat
Race: Pegases
Cutie Mark: Headphones 
Talent: Music, djing, and drumming
Persona
We'll just start. And if people wanna join in, they can.

Cotton Clouds is trotting outside to get the mail when a yellow eyed mare delivers her mail. CC completely disregards her and takes the small letter.

Cotton Clouds: *muttering* Hmm. A letter from father. Ugh. *opens envelope*

The letter says:
Dearest daughter,
Enclosed are two tickets to the gala. Please bring someone and socialize.
Love,
Daddy

CC: *to herself* Daddy? How old am I, a filly? I may as well go to the gala, but no companions. I'll just tell father all my acquaintances were out for the night.
over a year ago PhoenixRoyale said…
Name: Formal Gown
Race: Unicorn
Cutie Mark: Lipstick with Hearts
Talent: Giving ponies makeovers
Personality: Well-mannered, sophisticated, although a bit snappy when things go wrong.
Coat: Grey
Eyes: Blue
Mane/Tail: A darker shade of grey

FORMAL GOWN AND ART COPYRIGHT ME.
DO NOT RECOLOR, TRACE, OR CLAIM AS YOUR OWN.
Name: Formal Gown
Cutie Mark: Lipstick with Hearts
Talent: Giving ponies makeovers
Formal Gown is working at The Equestrian Bistro, a famous yet expensive restaurant in Fillydelphia. As soon as the tables were cleared and the culinary chaos lowered, she received a letter from the cook.

Formal Gown: Hmm, how peculiar, I've never received such a letter before. Especially because these envelopes are given to those who are worthy of being able to socialize in the capitol (Canterlot) due to their charismatic and charming personality. But no matter! I must read this. It seems to have a special sticker on the tip--a...blue crown?

To the dearest Formal Gown,

Your hard work in the bistro is excellent! I love your patience and charm, which really gets customers attracted to you. You are such a delight to have in my bistro, and as a reward, I will promote you to work as a chef, and today was your payday, but I used the money to be given to you for this.

Best Regards,
Ella Elegance, Owner

A golden ticket fell out. Formal Gown picked it up, and behold, a Gala ticket! She giggled and jumped about in glee, and ran to her apartment to pick out a fabulous gown to wear while she socializes with the Canterlot dwellers! Hopefully, they don't mock her taste in fashion, for she is obsessed with anything flouncy and full of color.
OOC: I deleted Paint Drop in here. Just wanted one pony to RP with.

CC: *roaming through Ponyville* Ugh. I must dispose of this second ticket before I get paraded by ponies who are just desperate to go,,,How pathetic.
Formal Gown: Oh, goodness, what to wear, what to wear?! This is simply a crisis! I guess I shouldn't have went all out on those fashion sales back in Canterlot! There's the seafoam dress with frills, but it would make me look too youthful and princess-like~ Then there's the retro blouse and skirt with some really nice boots to match, but it seems totally inappropriate and unnecessary for this special occasion! Then there's the velvet gown with pink bows and lace, but it seems too gaudy and over-the-top!

What to wear, what to wear?! I wish Rarity was here right now! She'd know exactly what would fit!
CC: Well, while I'm out I really need to pick out a gown. *goes to Rarity's shop*
over a year ago LavenderLily said…
little late but
Name: Arts
Cutie Mark: camera
Talent: art - painting, photography, videography and so on
Personality: down to earth, dependable and responsible, a bit smart and a bit lazy
Coat: white
Eyes: violet
Mane/Tail: blue and white
smile
Cerulean rushed outside straight away when she heard the mailpony come. She loved getting mail. "Got anything for me, Derpy?" she asked the gray mare standing outside her door. "You've got mail!" the ditzy eyed pegasus replied, and she fly away. Cerulean picked up the stack of mail sitting at her welcome mat. She browses it slowly, taking note of what everything was so that she would know if it was important. "Bills, bills, something for my mom, my magazine- Wait, what's this?" She put the mail down and picked up a light yellow envelope. It was from her grandparents. "Sweet!" she said, "Grandma and Grandpa always send cool stuff!" She tore open the envelope with her teeth, and a note fell out, attached to a golden ticket. She disregarded the ticket, looking at what her grandparents had to say.
_________________________________________­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­

Dear Cerulean,

Princess Celestia has offered us a stay at the Canterlot castle, and we wondered if you might like to join. We will be passing by Ponyville on our way there, so we could have a chance to pick you up. Enclosed is a ticket to the Grand Galloping Gala, which we had three free tickets to. We will be doing something else at the time, but we thought that you could try to make friend with the other fillies. We'll be stopping be your house at 5:00, and then you can tell us if you want to go.

Love, Grandma and Grandpa
_________________________________________­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­

Cerulean read over it once or twice, a smile spreading over her face. She picked up the ticket with her wing, and ran downstairs. "MOM! DAD! GRANDMA AND GRANDPA ARE TAKING ME TO THE GALA!!! Can I go? Please? PLEASE?" Her father stood up, and read the note in Cerulean's mouth.
"Hmmm... I don't know... HOLY COW, 5 O' CLOCK?!?" I looked at the clock in the basement. It was 3:30. "Well, if you're going, then you need to pack up and find a dress, fast!" "So I am going?" Cerulean asked. Her father shooed her up the stairs. "Find your best dress!" he called.

Cerulean open up her closet doors, and looked at the mess that lay inside. Cerulean wasn't much for organizing, so dresses were set wherever there was free space. "No, I shouldn't wear black, this white one looks silly; cats? What was I thinking when I bought that dress? She threw it to the side, and gasped. It was perfect! Light blue that faded to dark blue at the bottom, with butterflies on it. She tried it on. "It fits! Barely, but still." She tried walking around in it. It was so light and breezy, and comfortable too! "Yes! Now all I have to do is pack..."

((sorry for long post))
At Rarity's Boutique...

CC: I'm looking for a gown. For the gala. White. Long. With a nice train. Do you have it?

Rarity offers 15 dresses before Cotton Clouds finds the perfect one

CC: Wait. There. THAT shall suffice. Now excuse me. I'm off to find a luxurious suite in Canterlot. *trots away, back into town*

(OOC: I'm thinking that she can meet somepony now...? Yeah?)
This is her picture:
This is her picture:
smile
((OOC: Challenge Accepted!))

Cerulean looked around the mess of a room she was in. She would need her dress, her toothbrush, and some crafts to do on the way there. She grabbed her saddle bags and stuffed as much as possible inside, hoping that she grabbed enough. She looked at her watch. It was already 4 O' clock! Cerulean looked in the mirror to see how she looked. Accessories! She needed accessories! "MOM!!!" she called. "Can you quickly take me to Rarity's boutique? I need accessories!" "Sure, just be very quick!" her mother called. Cerulean ran down the stairs and met her mother at the door. They trotted towards Rarity's Boutique.

Cerulean looked at the ponies passing by while walking to the boutique. They looked so sophisticated, and pretty. "I hope that I look like that when I go to the Gala!" she said quietly to herself. Then suddenly, BAM!! Cerulean nearly fell over, and looked up to see what she had walked into. Standing in front of her was a pale pink pegasus with bright pink hair, and wearing a long white dress. "Oops, sorry!" Cerulean said shyly, "I didn't see you there."

((OOC again: when will the Gala start? I'm wondering when to send Cerulean to Canterlot.))
(OOC: Very Soon.)

CC: Watch it...klutz. *hint of curiosity* What are you doing, anyway?
"Well, I'm going to Rarity's boutique to see if I could get some accessories to go with my Gala dress..." Cerulean mumbled, and looked to see where her mother had gone. She was talking to a green mare about healthy food. "Um, do you think I could pass?"

((OOC: Here is Cerulean's badly-drawn dress, if anypony is wondering what it looks like))
"Well, I'm going to Rarity's boutique to see if I could get some accessories to go with my Gala dress
over a year ago Tawnyjay said…
Name: Dewy Shine (What a surprise. XD)
Cutie Mark: She has none.
Talent: Critical thinking.
Personality: Quiet, introverted, extremely smart and bright.
Mane/Tail: Olive green
Coat: Stormy blue
Eyes: Silver

I know, my drawing SUCKS. And I drew it in about 15 minutes. So don't judge me... XD
Name: Dewy Shine (What a surprise. XD)
Cutie Mark:  She has none.
Talent: Critical
Dewy softly landed on a cloud, a few wisps of the evaporated water shaking loose as she did so. She watched the moonlight creep over Ponyville as she yawns.

Suddenly, she heard an owl hoot right behind her. She turned and saw that the nocturnal bird had a letter stuck in his beak. The owl nudged the letter toward her, and Dewy gently tore away the formal-looking seal from the envelope. The owl flew away as Dewy began to read:

Dewy Shine,
As one of the princesses of Canterlot, I hereby invite you to the Grand Galloping Gala. This is my gift for your help with 'modern' knowledge (See note below if you don't get it), along with much more graditude.
Cordially,
Princess Luna

(Dewy basically tutored Luna to help her fit in more, though the Nightmare Night Celebration in Ponyville also helped.)

Dewy stared at the letter for a moment. A grin slowly spread across her face, then vanished as she remembered the catastrophe of last year's Gala. She sighed and ruffled her wings, causing her invitation to flip over.

P.S: It will be different than any other Gala. Still wear formal attire, though.

Then it was decided. Dewy smiled and withdrew the golden ticket from the envelope, hoping that the night would end up being as amazing as promised.

CC: Yes, whatever...

*TIME-SKIP TO WHEN YOUR PONY ARRIVES IN CANTERLOT*

Cotton Clouds arrived at a beautiful suite in Cantertlot. Everything looked like it were owned by Celestia herself!

Bellhop pony: I-I hope this room is okay...
CC: I suppose it should be fine as a one-day room...Now leave. I need to get ready for the Gala.
Dewy nervously peered into her suite, feeling jumpy. She had only been to Canterlot once, to visit Luna, but this was a full-out luxury room!

"Are you sure this is for me?" she whispered to her bellhop.
"Of course. Princess Luna requested this specifically for you," replied the bellhop pony, dropping a bag on the ground. Dewy had asked to carry her other two, because she felt strange asking others to do her bidding.

"Thank you, then," Dewy said, and the bellhop smiled and trotted out.

I should start getting ready, thought Dewy, beginning to feel sheer terror and awe.
Arts walking into Ponyville:
: Excuse me? But have you mares know where is Carosil Boutique ?
Bon Bon: It's that way ( points the way)
Arts: Thanks you.
Lyra: By the way where are you from?
Arts: From Canterlot of course, I have my own column in Canterlot Times newspaper.
Bon Bon: ooh. You heard Rarity's hottest fashion line?
Arts: Exactly. .. (Looks at the time) Excuse me, I better be moving... It's been lovely conversation. Bye
Bon Bon and Lyra: Byeee!!
Carousil Boutique
Arts: Nice dresses... ( sees Cerulean and Cotton Clouds talking)
Arts: Ahem. Does one of you know where Rarity is, please? It's very important.

((OOC: Okay, I am also doing another roleplay that updates literally every five seconds, so I won't be posting very much here,))
Cerulean turned to look at the new pony. "Oh, it's just down that way," she said. "I was just heading there myself." She walked over to her mother. "Mom, can we go now? It's getting late!" Cerulean and her mother walked off to the boutique.
((OOC: That's okay.))

CC: *puts on dress* This...this is beautiful.

The dress was white and intricately stitched. The dress looked fit for a princess and maybe it was. You never knew with Rarity. Cotton Clouds puts her hair up in curlers and waits. The gala is just around the corner and she couldn't wait.
Dewy Shine pulled on a simple but elegant lilac dress, with exotic lace fringing and flowing sleeves. She smiled at the sight of her normally drab mane and tail, now curled and let loose. Dewy stepped into silver slippers, and began to wait.
over a year ago Rainbow_sprint said…
erm hello evry pony i am fluttershy's sister rain drop, i love to work with animals and help out at the wether facotry
this is my gala hairdoo
erm hello evry pony i am fluttershy's sister rain drop, i love to work with animals and help out at t
surprise
raindrop woke up to the sound of derpy knoking on her door shouting YOU HAVE GOT MAIL!
she let derpy in hor some tea and then opened the leter.
it read:
Dear raindrop,

i, Princess Celestia have offered you an amazizing chance to go to the gala and stay at the Canterlot castle. i will be passing by Ponyville so i could have a chance to pick you up in my golden carrige. Enclosed is a ticket to the Grand Galloping Gala. i will be stopping be your house at 5:00, and then you can tell us if you want to go.

my best wishes, Princess Celestia

raindrop sqweeled with joy. i must go to raraity's dress shop right away! she declered

raindrop pranced into the shop and explained to raraity.
raraity- oh darling, fantastic news so you need a dress then?
raindrop- yes, yes i do
rarity got to work strait away muttering what coulers and mesurments untill finaly she pulled out the most amazing dress she had ever seen
and put it on the dress figure (shown below)
raindrop woke up to the sound of derpy knoking on her door shouting YOU HAVE GOT MAIL!
she let derpy
she gaveherthanks to rarity and set off back home.
when she got home she sliped on the dress and the matching slippers (that rarity insisted on) grabbed her matching blue hand bag with the tiket in and steped outside the door just in time, for the prinsess was just appiring from the clouds.
once in the carrage we peraded around town before going to canterlot. it was goining to be a long ride...
((I will be gone for two weeks! Someone else control Cerulean))
Arts: Uh thanks. Walks to Rarity and interviews with her
Canterlot
Arts: (Publishes her interview) This article will make my business boom. And this dress is Perfect... NOW I need to prepare my article about the grand galloping Gala! ( Dress coming soon)
if you want i can make you a dress, i have a nice blue one, i can make ennything
CC: *looks at clock* I really should get going...
*goes to gala*

SUSPENSE...
well, its time for me to go *goes to gala and bumps into cotten clouds*

SUSPENSE...
smile
((Okay, I'm back, and for some reason I got kicked off of the other roleplay I was doing. Time skip to gala. BTW, her accessory is a big light blue bow, like appleblooms's. ))

Cerulean followed her grandma and grandpa to Canterlot castle. It was huge! "Me and your grandpa will be at a meeting in another part of the castle, but we think you're old enough to go by yourself. See you later!" Grandma said, and she trotted away. Cerulean walked shyly into the castle. There were so many ponies! She pushed her way through the crowd of ponies. "Oops, sorry! Was that your tail? Gotta get through!" She finally found a spot that was almost empty, and looked around. Maybe she could find somepony that she knew! Suddenly, her stomach grumbled. She was hungry! She looked around, and saw a big long table, piled with food. Perfect! She raced over, pushing through ponies again, and looked at the choices. There were potatoes, salad, many dishes she couldn't identify, and an apple stand, currently empty. Applejack must be here, she thought. I wonder where she is? Then she spotted something that made her head swerve around, and her eyes go wide.

CAKE. LOTS OF IT. There was chocolate cake, vanilla cake, cookie cake ice cream cake, and much more! She ran over to the cakes, and got herself a big slice of a rainbow cake. She was about to look for somewhere to sit down, when she spotted something unusual across the room. It was that pony she ran into on her way to Rarity's! She quickly made her way over to her, which took awhile, due to the large mass of ponies. When she finally got there, she started talking immediately, not noticing the blue pony that just bumped into her. "Hey, I remember you from Ponyville!" Cerulean said, "Do you-" She cut herself short, and realized that she had no idea what she wanted to do at the Gala ((Besides eat more cake))
*goes to gala*
Arts : OK every pony ! Stop your boring activities and ( makes the whole room light with disco lights ) PARTY!!! Come on Vinyl , we need music!!!
CC: *mutters something rude under breath and keeps trotting*
AT THE GALA...
Lights. Music. A loud bass. Strange how different things were...
CC: *mouth open in awe* Oh my Celestia....
smile
Suddenly, loud party music started to play throughout the castle. At the far end of the room, a pony she knew as Vinyl Scratch (or DJ Pon-3) had started playing cool music. Everypony started dancing, but Cerulean stayed put. (i) I'm terrible at dancing,(/i) she thought to herself, (i) What do I do?(/i) It seemed she was the only one not partying. She started moving her hooves, and bobbing her head. (i) Oh well, you're supposed to have fun at the Gala, right?(/i) Pretty soon, she was dancing full time along with all of the other ponies. Suddenly aware of somepony looking at her, she stood straight up and looked around. The whole room was looking at her! (i)Maybe I should tone it down a bit,(/i) she thought, and just moved her hooves slightly while nodding her head.

((Image: Dancing at the Gala))
Suddenly, loud party music started to play throughout the castle. At the far end of the room, a pony
Arts: This is not enough! Hey vinyl, where's your bass cannon?
Vinyl: Right here! *Gives Art the canon*
Arts: Ok everypony WATCH YOUR HEAD!
* BASE CANNON
over a year ago DawnBright said…
Name: Sing Along
Race:Unicorn
Cutie Mark: Microphone with music note
Special Talent: Singing
Personality: social, loves performing, daydreams, kind, opportunist
Mane/Tail: Green/pink
Coat: light green
Eyes: like Rarity's pink

Name: Sing Along
Race:Unicorn
Cutie Mark: Microphone with music note
Special Talent: Singing
Pers
Oh and here's her dress on her friends Sequence's model
Oh and here's her dress on her friends Sequence's model
Sing Along sighed. She was still wondered whether she was supposed to bring out the weird cube thingies or the the triangles deckered ones. She looked longing at the bag in the corner and then stared at the maid outfit. She thought about a week ago.

Flash back

Whew Sing Along thought as she finished her shift. Ever since she moved to Canterlot to pursue her singing career she has had to work at a restaurant to pay rent. She walked out and spotted her unicorn friend, Sequence. Sing Along caught up with her blue and purple, fashion filled friend.

"Hey Sequence," Sing Along said half heartily.

"Hey Sing Along. What's with the frown cuz guess what? I got us two tickets to the Grand Galloping Gaila!" Sequence said.

"Oh I'm Sorry Sequence but I'm actually working at the Gala, as a waiter," Sing Slong sighed. Whenever she got a break, it was snatched right from her hooves.

"Oh," Sequence said with a frown.

"You made me a dress, didn't you," Sing Along said to her sad friend, "I still want to see it. Maybe I could wear it to a different occasion."

Sequence perked right up. "Really! K it's at Miss Fabric's Dress shop(where she works)"

The two friends galloped to the shop.

Back to present

Sing Along sighed as she picked the plate up with her nose. She wished to use magic but it wasn't "proper" according to her employer, Sliver Platter. She out to the Gala hearing loud fun music. she knew this song and hummed along. Lost in the music, she accidentally crashed into someone. The food spilled everywhere and no pony stopped to help. The only pony who looked at her was the one who she crashed into. Her heart stopped when Sing Along realized that it was Six Strings, the famed guitar player. It looked like he wanted to help but then another pony dragged him off to dance. Sing Along felt like crying and hid her eyes under her hooves.

Then she felt a nudge. She looked up and saw Sequence.

"Girl let's get you out of that thing, your a guest, whether you like it or not," Sequence ordered.

The two raced to the kitchen and in 5 minutes flat, Sequence did Sing Along's outfit, hair, and makeup. The two walked out onto the dance floor again and Sing Along felt like a new pony.

"Check the back pockets," Sequence whispered. Sing Along did as she was told and gasped. there was microphone.

"It's not just any microphone but it's other affects are a surprise," Sequence winked at her friend, "Now go and sing your heart out." On that note, Sing Along ran up to the DJ stand.
Arts saw Sing Along running to the DJ Stand. Know any music ?
Ummm.. Sing Along said as she got to the DJ stand she had absolutly no idea what she was going to sing! Any ideas?
hmmm
(I don't have time to follow this RP... sorry, Cerulean's gone!)

Cerulean got bored and went home
Arts: Ummm?
Sing Along looked over her shoulder as she saw a blue pony walk out. She shrugged and went up to Vinly Scratch. After a whisper in her ear, an up beat tempo began to play. Sing Along took a deep breath and started singing.