Young Dracula reply from CBBC

brizo posted on Feb 28, 2008 at 10:38PM
I found this on the IMDb boards and it's not good news.

start of quote

We regret that CBBC have no plans to make any more Young Dracula programmes.

We know that the series was greatly enjoyed by our viewers and the makers of it, however we have to be mindful with the very limited resources we have and if we made any more, it will affect other CBBC programmes.

We do believe there is interest from an independent company to create a film centred on the same or similar characters. In addition, the series will be repeated on BBC One or BBC TWO. You may wish to keep an eye on transmission dates in schedule listings.

Regards

Jonathan Dunlop
BBC Complaints

End of quote

The mention of a film is interesting though. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Young Dracula 85 replies

Click here to write a response...
Next

Showing Replies 51-85 of 85

over a year ago spirited_away said…
it would, and that was the idea.
we should do that...ill collect some stats tomorrow
over a year ago Quendy said…
Yeah, but don't forget that the time is different, when it's 12:46 in Sweden for example, it's 11:46 in the UK and so on.

Can you guys write a letter that we all can send to bbc?
last edited over a year ago
i cant at the mo' i have a really busy week, and i only actually have access to a computer for tomorrow afternoon. after that its...tuesday when im here. so i cant really (i can try though). i know i said i would but im snowed under with A level work. sorry guys...i will try to, honest
We don't have to do it this week, maybe next? :)
over a year ago vlad_lover said…
Okay, I've finally managed to get on youtube and here are the best results I could find;

Insomnia's best: 12,933
Love Bites best: 16,159
The Chosen One's best: 21,872
Body Swap's best: 17,803
Series 1, Episode 1: 28,003

I will admit I didn't look at every single one but looking at three pages worth, episode 1 is the best. prooving that people wanted to now how it all started.
nice one! well done Vlad_lover!!
I can tell you that Sweet Sixteen has pretty good numbers to. I've watched every single part on youtube,
I've watched the whole series 3 times now
^-^
But yes, episode 1 has the best numbers of all the parts :)

Sweet Sixteen: 18,347
Episode 14 season 1 'Hunt Ball': 15,245
When Vampires go bad: 15,639

Perhaps I should go on Youtube again and find some good comments to?
yeah, thats a pretty good idea. is this going to be an email or a letter or both??
because i reckon that they'd get back to us if it were an email, but they wouldny if it were in letter form...
We should email it, cus then they would get all the 'letters' at the same time, and it isn't cheep to send a letter from sweden to the UK, and the letters from sweden and finland and so on would arrive several days later..
So email is the best :P

I can probably log on to Youtube and find some comments tomorrow, what do you guys say about that?
Great idea, we've had proof that they do reply to emails earlier in this forum. Problem is I don't know how to email the bbc and by the look of this forum we're the last three standing if you get what I mean.

I'll check on youtube too and look at the comments for episode 1.
I can look at the last episode then :P
1. 'I love Young Dracular, but I don't think the episode after this ever came out! I was really annoyed, has anyone seen it?'

2. 'this horrible. It can't end like this. We don't know if vlad is dead or not, Ingrid is going to kill every breather in town, and the count is trapped in a cage thingy.

They can't leave it like that. The should of either done 14 episodes, or the make a new series.

Horrible people.'

3. 'yup i don't think there will be an ending so far. if there was we can read the book and found out the ending to ourself. but PLEASE I'M BEGGING YA TO HAVE A SEASON 3!!!!!'

4. 'I t needs to come back.. it's infuriating not knowing whats gonna happen next but I don't know how they would pull it back with Ingrid in charge now.
They have to make another series.'
over a year ago LandM said…
Guys, these are great ideas here!
Yeah, if this works we might get another series or another episode!
*crossing fingers*
*screws eyes up and wishes*
over a year ago littlepwcca said…
Ooooooohh I didn't know there was a plot brewing! Sounds good! The bbc don't know a good show when it smacks them in the face obviously, so we really need to jump up and down and keep smacking them with the fact that this kids' show is gathering more fans all the time. I mean, none of their other cbbc shows have such a cult following as this. They don't even have to have it back on cbbc, put it on bbc3 or something!!!
over a year ago mrs_weasley said…
Vampires are getting to be a really hot property now in the US thanks to the Twilight books--BBC America is missing a fantastic opportunity to capitalize on that popularity by reviving YD for the American audience (which might lead to reviving it everywhere else!! ;-) Perhaps we should hit them up as well!
We should do everything we can, and more! Send the mail over and over again untill they beg us to stop! :P
If we send loads and loads of emails and letters though (reminder there are 4/5 of us actually keeping up with this plan) with the same message from the same people we will more than likely be shooting blanks. (I've always wanted to say that) What we should do is open another forum and call it "Plan A for YD Return" or something along those lines so people will realise what the 4 (or 5) of us are trying to do and then we'll get more ideas and support. I'll open it if you want.
yeah sure, sounds gooood.
we really need to think of something good soon...
mmmm, yeah...when did the last series finish? Random question, I know, but...
uh...it was in february i think, either in the middle or at the start. im not 100% though
So, anyone who has seen Gerran since then, does anyone know if he looks much older since last series?
over a year ago tourmaline said…
Gerran is looking a little older now, even grown a little. He's 17 now and is making small films with a few friends. You can see them on YouTube.
link
over a year ago emovamp said…
i have an idea wach this: link its a vid i made
over a year ago wunderlust said…
how pissed would i be if it had different actors.
over a year ago RB13 said…
indeed!
Some different ators would be OK... Y'know, to fill NEW roles, new characters. But, yeah, all the original cast should come back.
over a year ago goodman88 said…
the sotey si not finsrd why dont they dod just finies it in a oen off spicle ad then we are bout happy (the bbc dout have to wuey about it any moue and we get to know wat haapns )
...Pardon?
lol. its not /that/ hard to read...
No, your right, you can make it out. Im thinking goodman88 meant something like:
"The story is not finished. Why dont they just finish it in a one off special and then we are about happy (the bbc dont have to worry about it any more and we get to know what happens)"
Thats what Im getting from it. It not the fact that its not terribly hard to read, but that nearly every word has a spelling mistake in it (special=spicle...??)
I apologise, if I appear to be being rude to you, goodman, but you have to admit, you made a good few mistake there. 1 or 2 dont really matter, but that many?...
Sorry once again to goodman and everyone else for veering of topic, just felt it had to be said, y'know?
over a year ago saintdominic said…
On youtube Young Dracula Episode 1 Part 1 has 41,719 views that is massive and when i searched for the petition is was up to 2006 signatures. There are idiots for not continuing the show.

I doubt their will actually be a movie it has been very long time since it was mentioned and no plans for it on imdb
Its true that it has 41,719, but you have to consider that may not be a huge number to the BBC. I mean, how many countries was this show shown in? A few, I think, and thats a good few million people that could watch it. But they havent. The shows still in the 40,000 range. This is a big number, though, I think, not big enough to spark another series. As for the petition, I signed it, but I dunno if 2006 signatures would or will be enough, either. I say the BBC should keep on repeating the episodes on TV, enough to make more people want to see what happens to Vlad.
As for a movie, Im with saintdominic, if their not gonna think about a new series, what makes anyone think they are planning a movie?
over a year ago mia1fang said…
Hi everyone, I was the Producer on Young Dracula and both Joss Agnew and I were really disappointed that the BBC decided not to make a third series so instead we've created a new online drama called Po5t. It's for a 14+ audience and the first two episodes can be found at www.po5t.co.uk.