Wire In the Blood Tony Hills Asperger's Syndrome

GezsBigChopper posted on Aug 28, 2010 at 01:01PM
I have an Autistic little girl , i wonder if people realise what an incredible performance Robson gives as an Asperger's Syndrome man ?- My wife and i exchange looks of amazement at how close he gets to reality .Robson Green must have done some research into Autism ? He's just like my little girl , high funtioning yet socially disfunctional .I'm glad i've found this site so i can voice my displeasure bordering on disbelief that they can " pull the plug " on a quality show like this .Too violent ? , it's on after 9oclock , Tony's character levels up the violence my theorising what makes people into killers .Anyway , what about , " Messiah " , " Waking The Dead " , " Silent Witness " ?- well written shows with good actors but also on the dark side . It's such a shame because they could have taken it so much further , i recently read " Beneath The Bleeding " by Val McDermid ( on whose books the show is based )and it introduces Tony Hills Mother and the back story to his troubled upbringing . Who do you fancy for Tony's mother ?- Mareen Lipman for me !- All The Best Gez .
last edited on Aug 28, 2010 at 01:03PM

Wire In the Blood 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago degten said…
I just saw this on Netflix as a Brit living abroad...and with a son on the spectrum...I think you are dead on. It's a VERY good depiction of Aspergers/HFA. Lots of really bright people have it and they have "normal" lives. Just not diagnosed as much.