Tokyo Mew Mew Character Names

Dada posted on Jun 27, 2008 at 05:12AM
I don't get why they change their names for the English version. Normally they'd keep the name the same. The names are great anyways.
Which do you prefer? I prefer the Japanese names.
I mean, Ichigo is so much better than Zoey.

Tokyo Mew Mew 12 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago hyperrabbit said…
The Japanese names are so much better. The voices are pretty bad in the English version, too. >.<
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Yuri-san said…
sick
Yeah totally. I hate the english voices and names. I mean bridget is a horrible name and the voices are even worse! Whenever I'm listen to a english verison I go red when my mum can hear becuse they sound so horrible!
I just listen to the japanese.
Have you ever tried listening to mermaid melody? It is sooooo cool! And cute like my username and picture...
> <
_
over a year ago momiji said…
both
over a year ago safben said…
I hate the way the American version of Ichigo talks it's so annoying. I prefer the Japanese version over the English version
over a year ago TDIlover226 said…
They also pretty much changed their personalities too! Ichigo is sweet! Zoey is a brat!
over a year ago krystalp4evar said…
when the voices change from japanese to english they have a bad habit of making the voices soo high pitched and annoying!!arrg i cant stand it!!!
over a year ago sky_cowboy said…
I always hate dubs. Better have the original Japanese with translation text. There are too many Japanese charms that lost once it's translated into English
over a year ago tokyomacncheese said…
hmmm
definetly japanese names I mean all of the anime on Adult Swim have japanese names but maybe... it woulda been playjurrism if they used the other original names maybe???
over a year ago azumarill said…
cake
Japanise is soooooo better
the mew mew power voices sound like they can't be botherd god dammit
what kind of a name is dren it's EVIL it's nerd backwards
grr
Tokyo mew mew is the best I want more episodes!!!!
over a year ago azumarill said…
tongue
Ichigo: zoey :(
minto :cornia
lettuce: bridget O-o
pudding: kikki
zakuro: reneè
kisshu: dren (nerd) T-T
taruto- tarb (brat)
pai- sardon (sardonic)
keiichiro: Wesley
ryou: elliot
masaya: mark

masaya sounds cute
mark sounds like an old man
over a year ago kwlski4ever said…
heart
I prefer version in my language . Names are like English ones , but the voices are awesome.
over a year ago Winxlove said…
Japanese is the original.And when is original,there's the number one!