The Vampire's Assistant Vampire's Assistant Books vs. Movie

Notime4awatch posted on May 17, 2010 at 07:51PM
I absolutely loved the Cirque Du Freak:Vampire's Assistant aka Darren Shan saga books. The characters had depth,personality, and emotion. Each contiuation of the story just made me love the saga more, and more. When you think about it...Darren had a losing hand, when it came to his life, but he played the cards he was dealt and in the end, he lost. That's to be expected when you're playing with a marked deck though. I loved the way that Mr. Shan didn't have a predictable happy ending for the saga. Just as he said..."Most of the time, the bad guys win." This saga really touched me because it showed how life is most of the time, not what we wish for life to be.

The movie sucked big time. There were so many missing entities in the movie, and what was the deal with the "Monkey Girl"? Where in the heck did she come from? Only in America would they change to story line so much, and expect for the fans to just eat it up.

What do you guys think about it? Did you enjoy the books better or the movie? Let us know.

The Vampire's Assistant 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago vampiersrock said…
smile
the books rocked your totally right the caricatures did have depth and the move sucked balls big time