The Heroes of Olympus The Son of Neptune discussion

Eirene21 posted on May 29, 2011 at 01:58AM
SON OF NEPTUNE!
The story we've all been waiting patiently or not so patiently to come out. Thankfully we got a wonderful surprise, a preview! So basically this forum is a place for people to guess at and discuss the preview and the book (when it comes out). Please follow the rules of the site, don't spam, be polite etc. etc.

Here are the rules if you want to read them
link

And here is the preview if you want to join the discussion.
link

Did I get everything? Good. OK well enough of my blabbering, enjoy!

~Eirene21
SON OF NEPTUNE!
The story we've all been waiting patiently or not so patiently to come out. Thankfull

The Heroes of Olympus 12 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago partypony said…
Interesting discussion starters:

Where the Hades is Percy now?
What's he doing with an eagle staff?
Why does he have a scratch if he has the Curse if Achilles?
What is that temple behind him?
Do you think Percy Will see Stheno and Euryale again?

First to post!
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago precious211 said…
hmmm
who is Stheno and Euryale?i keep seeing those names but i don't know from where?an di think percy achille's spot is stolen.and the staff has something to do with gaea
over a year ago Eirene21 said…
If the person is Percy then why is he wet?
over a year ago Perseus54321 said…
I don't really think that's a scratch, seems more plausible to be hair
over a year ago AmazingPercy said…
smile
yeah if you look at it closely it looks more like his hair
maybe the eagle staff has something to do with Zeus/Jupiter cause it looks like there's lightning by it
over a year ago SonofPoseidon97 said…
hmmm
Hi im new....
anyway my personal thoughts are that the boy in the picture is definatle percy (cheer).
the staff looks like a very important object (hummm.....) mabee theirs a quest involved in getting the staff (might belong to Zeus) from a ruined temple in the north......
He lle probably go with a group of roman halfbloods who are very important characters in the series...... What do you think.....
over a year ago iamawesome77 said…
cool
the cut reminds me of Newbee's son of neptune story
over a year ago iamawesome77 said…
i mean scratch
:)
over a year ago SonofPoseidon97 said…
surprise
I agree with amazingpercy their is lightning coming out of it.
over a year ago 131newbee313 said…
I know that staff Percy is holding is called a Roman Eagle Standard or Aquila. One was carried by each Roman legion. I don't know much else, the article I read was too long.

Also, the lightning looks like it could be coming from the clouds above, but that isn't likely, because the lightning is only in that one spot.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Piper0988 said…
Okay, the scratch isn't hair. I was doing a whole lot of zooming in, and it wasn't connected to his head, and it was red. And remember, he lost his mark of Achilles because he helped the old lady/Juno to get across the river? Whoops, sorry. That might've been a spoiler. But I haven't read the book yet. That was from a sneak peek. Anyway, the staff does have lightning around it. Strange. It's very well obvious that the staff has something to do with Zeus/Jupiter.

Here are some other conversation starters:

Do you think that in The Son of Neptune, Leo, Jason, Piper and Annabeth will be coming in to find Percy, or will it be a quest with Percy and two other Roman demigods?

Who do you think are the seven great demigods?

What do you think the quest is about, if you think there is one?

What's your favorite line from the book?

over a year ago Piper0988 said…
Oh, my gods, I just bought it!!! :D