The Heroes of Olympus Is Percy Jackson the son of Neptune?

Poseidon3 posted on Jan 12, 2011 at 05:24PM
Feel free to comment on whether or not you think Percy is the son of Neptune that the next book's refering too or not! (Personally, I think he is because even though he's the Greek son of Poseidon, he could be identified as such because Neptune's the Roman aspect of Poseidon.)

The Heroes of Olympus 24 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago RomanGreekDemi said…
smile
yeah, he definetely is.
over a year ago percyJlover121 said…
big smile
well chiron thought jason was the son of zeus, but he was roman. the roman campers could think that percy is a son of neptune, but he's greek. i think the next book will be all about percy!!!!
over a year ago Aphroditeskid21 said…
i'm thinking it won't be, i think it will be old style. like Percy Percy Percy Percy Percy. that was the old series the new series. Jason Piper Leo i think they will go on a quest to go find Percy and the Roman Camp and find Percy at the end. so like they go on a quest saying "have you seen the son of neptune recently." "why yes i have that way"
over a year ago Poseidon3 said…
Yeah, but Roman and Greek are just 2 diffrent aspects of the same god. So Percy could b called the son of Neptune just like Jason can be called a son of Zeus.
over a year ago Aphroditeskid21 said…
Poseidon3 that's not how it works, Jupiter and Zeus are different Gods. Yes they are both lord of the sky but there children have different powers and different personalities and different everything so yea. But Percy when he is over at the Roman Camp it will most likely mean Percy i doubt there will be a Son of Neptune over there.
over a year ago RomanGreekDemi said…
yeah. clovis (in the lost hero) said that the roman gods were the gods of an empire. for instance, the romans were all about conquest, discipline, and something else. i forgot, but basic thing is (as Aphroditeskid21 said), they're different gods. o, yeah, the greek gods were... ok, i dont have time. go on camp half-blood wiki, and type in 'roman gods' into search. i think its at the bottom.
Well, I wouldn't say that the children have different powers. Thalia and Jason are siblings, full siblings. They both can control lightning and Thalia might be able to fly but she just hasn't tried. Hera even said that Ms.Grace fell for Zeus twice, but when they had Jason, Zeus was in his Roman form of Jupiter. And when Jason dreamed he was at Hera's prison, her form flickered from Hera to Juno and back. It wasn't like another goddess came and said "Hello, I am Juno." The Roman and Greek gods just have slightly different pesonalities because the Romans saw the gods in a different way. It's gotta be Percy!
over a year ago percyJlover121 said…
if it isnt in percy's pov or it isnt about percy i will be shocked
over a year ago PJhero02 said…
as much as i want it to be all about percy in the roman camp and what was happeing to him the same time jason arrived at the greek camp i dont' think it will be.... aphroditeskid has got a point...it is a new series. although i GUESS it could be roman campers POV..
Well, I think he'll definitely appear in the next book, though.
over a year ago UnoriginalName said…
I think it will be him, though I got all three of the demigods wrong in the last book, I thought this series would feature mostly minor gods, seeing as Percy sacrificed becoming a god for them.
over a year ago penguin098 said…
well i dont think itll b percy's POV... just cause its title is son of neptune... i mean the LOST hero is concerning percy, but hes liike never mentioned, i think itll mainly b them building the Argo II and sailing 2 the romen camp and finding the 7...
over a year ago PJacksonHead said…
duh duh duh duh of course he is the son of neptune i don't think rr is going to have another big 3 child
over a year ago precious211 said…
mischievous
it is totally about percy,all the evidence points toward it 1. percy has gone to the roman camp 2. neptune is posiedon roman form 3. percy is probably the only son of posiedon and neptune there is. if it isnt about percy, i will be really shocked and dissapointed, and probably wouldnt read the series.
over a year ago Alex13126 said…
laugh
Didn't RR confirm it was somewhere? That's what I heard anyway.....
over a year ago PiperLunaPotter said…
I think the son of Neptune will be Percy, seeing as Jason was the son of Zeus at CHB. The gods sort of have split personalities--one side is Roman, the other is Greek. They're not really two different people, just different sides of themselves.
That's what I think, anyways. Feel free to disagree :)
over a year ago kirstyjayne said…
Well on RR site under the book it practicly says it is Percy an the book will be about finding the other heroes from that camp...
over a year ago julia233 said…
smile
I believe it, but he's probably not the main character only secondary persons that we get some sight points from his side of story
over a year ago ixAthena said…
smile
The first chapter in the Son of Neptune is Percy just in 3rd point of view like the lost hero
over a year ago precious211 said…
mischievous
yeah the son of neptune came out, so it is definetly percy so your right posiedon3 good job, and i wuz right also
over a year ago iamawesome77 said…
him or Frank
over a year ago green-art-ac-pj said…
frank cant be cuz there needs to be seven and its determened
over a year ago daughterofTerra said…
who's frank?
over a year ago SilverStars101 said…
cool
Who knows who frank is? Anyways, of course it's about Percy, he's on the freaking cover AND it's titled THE SON OF NEPTUNE for gods sake!