The Heroes of Olympus Masters of the Comb and Keeper

snowflakes989 posted on Jan 07, 2013 at 04:27AM
Hey guys! Snow here. So Rainbow and I have decided to write a forum together, about our own demigods. Read on to find out what happens to Teresa, who she is, and later, another girl that changes her life.

This first chapter is by Rainbow, edited by me, and I hope you all enjoy! We will take turns posting/writing. Please comment, it would mean a lot!

For all of you ultimate spammers out there like moi, spam is permitted. :)

Teresa's pov.
Chapter 1

My name is Teresa Burne. If you think your life is weird, wait until you see mine. You would think that a thirteen-year-old teenage girl would be shopping with friends all day long, putting on makeup, and dating some really hot guy. Sorry to disappoint you, but I am nothing like that.
When I was two, my dad left my mom and me. I have no memory of him, other than the feeling of powerful, dark eyes, staring down at me with love. Then my mom married George Goof (I'm not kidding about his name). He was okay for the first year, then after they had twin girls, he started hating me. I don't know why. Probably because my mom always cared for me more than my step-sisters. Then she died. The police say that she died in a car accident, but I know better. It was my fault, and George knows it. I mean, I wasn't with her when she died, but the night before, I saw a dark shadow- in the form of a bird? Lady?-in my room. It was probably just my jacket or something, but my mom freaked. She started muttering and blaming herself, like she knew what was going to happen and it was her fault. The next morning, I saw it again, and again, and again. Not just in my room, but almost as if it was following me. I went hysterical, and my mom decided to get medicine for me. Then she died.
You're probably thinking, “It's not your fault. It was just an accident.” Sorry, but you're wrong. The shadow visited me again, and now there were more than one. The night my mom died, they started whispering, Ήταν όλες σας τις βλάβη. Σας σκότωσε τη μητέρα. Only later did I realize they were saying, It was all your fault. You killed your mother. And I knew in my guts, they were right.
George and my step-sisters have hated me ever since.

My day started normally enough, or as normal as you can get in my household. I got out of bed and went into the kitchen, passing George's room along the way. Guess what I saw? George and our housekeeper making out. Ugh. And yes, as much as I hate it, it happens all the time.
I ignored them and continued my journey to the kitchen. I snatched a bagel from Linda, the younger of the twins, and started eating. Jessy, who was really protective of her younger sister, threw a tissue box at me.
“Don't mess with my sister, you bully!” Jessy screamed.
I rolled my eyes. “Ten year olds,” I muttered. But I took out another bagel for Linda, toasted it, and took out butter as well. My step-sister watched me with big, round, shiny eyes as I spread butter on the bagel. “Here you go.” I handed her the warm, buttery bagel.
Linda took it tentatively and then bit hungrily into the bread.
Jessy looked at Linda with jealousy. “Can I have one too?”
I would've gladly grabbed Linda's buttered bagel and smashed it into Jessy's face, but I wasn't that mean. So I did the same for her, trying to ignore the boiling pot of annoyance in my stomach.
The clock chimed 7:30 am. Time for me to get out of this disgusting house. I grabbed my backpack and raced through the door, not bothering saying bye to George.
I sprinted down the street, enjoying the fresh, cold morning air. Wind slapped in my face, but the coldness felt refreshing. I stopped running as soon as the school was in sight.
Suddenly, I felt a chill down my spine. That was when my day drifted far from normal.

I fingered my necklace nervously, a simple silver chain with a dark blueish piece of jade, carved into the shape of three dragons entwined together. It was one of two gifts I got from my dad before he left. I never knew what the necklace was for, but my mom always said to keep them on, no matter where I was. The other gift was a pair of earrings. They were also jade, with the same dark blue color to it. But inside, there was a small red dot. I assumed they were important because they told omens. They started glowing and became burning hot right before my mom died in the car crash.
Now, I could feel my earring turn hot and panic tore through me. The burn almost felt like it was burning my skin, and with shaking fingers, I was able to take them off and stuff them in my pocket.
I looked around, wondering what would happen.
Nothing.
Then I looked up and my heart nearly stopped. The last time I saw the shadows was nearly five years ago. Now, here they are, hovering above me, so close I could reach out and touch them if I wanted to. I certainly didn't.
As I watched, the three shadows slowly began to spin, combining into one giant shadow. Two cruel-looking eyes appeared and looked at me with amusement, like I was a new toy it couldn't wait to play with. A mouth opened and black smoke spew from it and around me.
This is the end. This is the end. This is the end. This is the end.
I screamed and then I did something really strange, something even I couldn't explain. I held my earrings in front of me, palm facing the creature. I shouted at the top of my lungs, channeling all my anger into my hand and then BOOM!!
I was blasted backwards, skidding on my back. The shadows were gone and my backpack was two feet away from my feet.
Slowly but painfully, I sat up. I gently touched my back and winced. My finger came away with blood.
“Oh no,” I muttered, trying to fight back tears. “No, no.”
A honk threw me back into reality. I looked up in time to see two bright headlights bearing down at me. I grabbed my backpack and leaped just out of harm's way. I looked back just in time to see the car speed past me. I collapsed there, on the sidewalk, not sure whether to go home or continue to school.
In the distance, the first bell rang.
School, I decided. I got up, trying not to grimace, and limped towards the school.
First period science, I thought. Joy.

Once again, hope you enjoyed and please please post.

Shout outs to everyone who loves a good story. :)

The Heroes of Olympus 467 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 151-200 of 467

over a year ago corrected said…
yesh
over a year ago rainbow_girl said…
i sent snow a preview. we might need to exchange a bit before we actually post.
snowflakes989 commented…
Yeah...I was going to post it. You never sent me back the story. So much for exchanging, huh? over a year ago
heres the preview of ch6!

Chapter 6
Teresa's pov.
Leave me with all the hard lugging to do. After Angela passed out in my arms, the weird people with weapons prodded me in the back and ordered me to carry her down the hill. Like seriously, don't you think I've had enough already today? Getting attacked by the shadows and Mr. Navarro, earned a good amount of injuries, and now this. Miss Princess just had to pass out right now didn't she?

I was led into a large building that said something in Greek. I blinked a few times before my brain processed what it meant: Infirmary.

Inside were several white beds. Some of the beds were occupied by patients, but most of them were empty. People milled around, and I tried to ignore the glances cast in my direction.

I stumbled a few times, but the warriors around me were there to keep me from falling.

“Set her down at this bed,” one of the girls directed me. She pointed to an empty bed with her spear point.

I staggered forward and set Angela down gently. Almost immediately, I crumbled to my knees, exhaustion taking over me. Shouts of panic and warning echoed into my ear drums, but it became fuzzier and fuzzier. I felt hands grab my arms to haul me up. One of the hands had gripped my injured arm, right on a deep cut. I cried out in pain.

Feeling the soft folds of a blanket and pillow, I let myself relax and fall into a deep sleep.
Or maybe not so deep.

Because just then, I drifted into the most bizarre dream I ever had.

Two people stood at the middle of a room, a man and a woman, staring down at something and talking in hushed tones.

I could tell it was a baby room. It had shelves full of soft toys, baby blankets littered on the floor, glowing stars on the ceiling, and much more. But what really stood out about this room was the color. It wasn't like most baby rooms that were baby blue, or pink, or light purple. Instead, the walls were painted a dark purple.

Something about this room triggered some kind of memory in the back of my head. But no matter how hard I dug into myself to bring it back up, I couldn't find it.

I slowly went next to the man and looked at the woman. With a jolt, I realized I was looking at my mom. She looked so young and beautiful. Her long black hair flowed across her shoulders and her brown eyes shined with adoration and love as she looked down.

I followed her gaze and realized that there really was a baby in there. She giggled and stared back at the two adults with large innocent eyes. She grabbed her toes and watched them move.

“Oh Teresa! Come here, baby.” The woman's voice said with so much love I thought she was talking to me. Then I realized she was, except to the baby version of me.

Tears threatened to fall out of my eyes at the sound of my mom's voice saying my name, but I held them back.

My mom picked up the baby-me, and cradled her gently in her arms.

Then my attention turned to the man. He looked so familiar, yet unknown. My father, maybe? I reached out a hand to touch his skin. Maybe feel some sort of connection. But to my surprise, my fingers passed straight through him.

“Kerry,” the man said, his voice sending a deep tremor down my spine. “You have no idea how dangerous keeping this child in your house is. She could be the cause of your death.” He lowered voice. “It will be,” he whispered to himself.

My mom stopped stroking my baby hair. “Dangerous? She is my daughter! Your daughter! I will protect her with all my life.”
The man looked pained. “Please. I can’t lose you! She's different, special.”

“Of course she is special. She is your daughter.”

“That's not what I meant.” He ran a finger along my old-self's nose bridge. “Her future is so unpredictable. Even I can't see what is to become of her. Her powers are still unknown, and dangerous. Anything could happen while you're with her alone.”

My mom smiled her brilliant smile. Something I haven't seen in so many long years. “I'll take good care of her. Don't worry. You won't lose me. I promise you.” Leaning forward, my mom planted a light kiss on the man's cheek. With that, she walked out of the room, still carrying my baby-self.

The man sank to his knees, his shoulders quivering. “Kerry,” he whispered. “So little you know. You and your daughter's path will diverge soon. And there will be nothing you can do about it.”

I watched, truly touched. I thought he cared for me.

A lone tear slid down my cheek, and I didn't care to wipe it away.
I watched as the man slowly stood up. He took one last look around the room, then at the doorway, where my mom had walked out.

He slashed his hands through the air in front of him, missing my face by a millimeter, and vanished into black smoke, just like how the shadows did this morning at school.

I stood there shocked, in the room, not sure what to do. The world around me began to dissolve into black smoke. First at the tips of my vision then, towards me, until I was standing on the only spot left of the room. The it dissolved and I fell into the endless darkness below me, screaming in terror.

Someone shook me awake. I groggily opened my eyes and was greeted by a cheerful girl.

“Hey! I’m Alex,”

“Hi, I’m Teresa,” I stated. I rubbed my eyes. I glanced at my watch which always had the date on it. Wait...

“How long was I asleep?”

Alex shrugged. “Oh I dunno. Maybe about two days.”

I almost gagged. “Two days? Wow.”

“Mm. But don’t worry bout it. You’re friend over there is outside waiting for you. Anyways, I got to go, so see ya!”

“See ya.” But she was already gone.

I don't know how long I sat there, staring at the wall. But at least it gave me time to think about my dream. Who was the man. I guess he could be my father, but...

A thought crossed my mind. About a book that I have read, but it was crazy. It couldn't be real.

As I watched people walk by my bed, this boy caught my eye. He was about my age, with messy dark hair and... were his eyes yellow? Well, more like brown. They were like the color of the sun, bright and brilliant. But who has ever seen someone with dark hair and light brown eyes?

What a strange combination, I thought.

The boy was tall and build like an athlete. In his arms was a brown box with the words First Aid on it. He must have felt my eyes on him because he turned around in my direction.

I held my breath. Our eyes connected. I wanted to peel them away, but I was caught in his brown eyes. He didn't move or anything, just continued to stare. Then his eyes moved away, but not from my direction.

It took me a few seconds to realize he was looking up and down my body.

With a wink and a smile, he was gone.

I looked down at myself and saw that I was wearing an orange t-shirt and dark skinny jeans. There were words on the t-shirt, but with my dyslexia and all, reading upside down didn't really help.

I gripped my chest, trying to control my racing heart. I had never felt this way before, especially after seeing a guy I didn't even know.

But I only knew one thing for sure, I had to see him again.

last edited over a year ago
GREAT POST!
post again soon plz!
over a year ago agamotto said…
I can't wait for the next installment!! Great post!
rainbow_girl commented…
installment? interesting choice of words... over a year ago
agamotto commented…
Yep, I have a rather extensively verbose lexicon. over a year ago
over a year ago snowflakes989 said…
Um, Rainbow? I was supposed to post that, and, you didn't send it back to me for editing. Just FYI.
corrected commented…
oooooooo we got some author conflict heeeeere over a year ago
corrected commented…
this wont affect ur posting will it/ over a year ago
rainbow_girl commented…
well, it was just a preview. i can change a bit more before i post the whole chapter, if u like, snow. over a year ago
over a year ago LeoNicoCrazaiii said…
my gawd!
is tht nico?
maybe not... just guessing
POSTTTTTTTT WILL YUH?
hmmm
whos nico?
yeah ima writing the next chappie. rainbow, you better check with this time
post soon plz
I agree with ^.
sad
ummm... snow and i are still discussing, cuz i continued on w/ the chapter, but snow wrote a different chapter about the same scene. might take a while. sry guys
corrected commented…
i'd like to see the other version plz just out of curiosity! over a year ago
corrected commented…
HOW ABOUT SHE POSTS IT AND WE VOTE ON THE CHAPTER WE WANT. AS LONG AS U TWO DONT GET UPSET OVER I THINK THAT WOULD BE A GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! over a year ago
lol. sry corrected. we r done w/ ch6 AND 7 but snow insists on posting ch6, so we just hafta wait for her to ger back from whatever class she has.
crying
I DONT CARE ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!
someone PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAASE just post something
hehe
i would post, but snow is gonna yell at me...
and she has the fully edited version
Chapter 6
Teresa's pov.

Leave me with all the hard lugging to do. After Angela passed out in my arms, the weird people with weapons prodded me in the back and ordered me to carry her down the hill. Like seriously, don't you think I've had enough already today? Getting attacked by the shadows and Mr. Navarro, earned a good amount of injuries, and now this. Miss Princess just had to pass out right now didn't she?

I was led into a large building that said something in Greek. I blinked a few times before my brain processed what it meant: Infirmary.

Inside were several white beds. Some of the beds were occupied by patients, but most of them were empty. People milled around, and I tried to ignore the glances cast in my direction.

“Set her down at this bed,” one of the girls directed me. She pointed to an empty bed with her spear point.

I staggered forward and set Angela down gently. Almost immediately, I crumbled to my knees, exhaustion taking over me. Shouts of panic and warning echoed into my ear drums, but it became fuzzier and fuzzier. I felt hands grab my arms to haul me up. One of the hands had gripped my injured arm, right on a deep cut. I cried out in pain.

Feeling the soft folds of a blanket and pillow, I let myself relax and fall into a deep sleep.

Or maybe not so deep.

Because just then, I drifted into the most bizarre dream I ever had.
Two people stood at the middle of a room, a man and a woman, staring down at something and talking in hushed tones.

I could tell it was a baby room. It had shelves full of soft toys, baby blankets littered on the floor, glowing stars on the ceiling, and much more. But what really stood out about this room was the color. It wasn't like most baby rooms that were baby blue, or pink, or light purple. Instead, the walls were painted a dark purple.

I slowly went next to the man and looked at the woman. With a jolt, I realized I was looking at my mom. She looked so young and beautiful. Her long black hair flowed across her shoulders and her brown eyes shined with adoration and love as she looked down.

I followed her gaze and realized that there really was a baby in there. She giggled and stared back at the two adults with large innocent eyes. She grabbed her toes and watched them move.

“Oh Teresa! Come here, baby.” The woman's voice said with so much love I thought she was talking to me. Then I realized she was, except to the baby version of me.

My mom picked up the baby-me, and cradled her gently in her arms.

Then my attention turned to the man. He looked so familiar, yet unknown. My father, maybe? I reached out a hand to touch his skin. Maybe feel some sort of connection. But to my surprise, my fingers passed straight through him.

“Kerry,” the man said, his voice sending a deep tremor down my spine. “You have no idea how dangerous keeping this child in your house is. She could be the cause of your death.” He lowered voice. “It will be,” he whispered to himself.

My mom stopped stroking my baby hair. “Dangerous? She is my daughter! Your daughter! I will protect her with all my life.”

The man looked pained. “Please. I can’t lose you! She's different, special.”

“Of course she is special. She is your daughter.”

“That's not what I meant.” He ran a finger along my old-self's nose bridge. “Her future is so unpredictable. Even I can't see what is to become of her. Her powers are still unknown, and dangerous. Anything could happen while you're with her alone.”

My mom smiled her brilliant smile. Something I haven't seen in so many long years. “I'll take good care of her. Don't worry. You won't lose me. I promise you.” Leaning forward, my mom planted a light kiss on the man's cheek. With that, she walked out of the room, still carrying my baby-self.

The man sank to his knees, his shoulders quivering. “Kerry,” he whispered. “So little you know. You and your daughter's path will diverge soon. And there will be nothing you can do about it.”

He slashed his hands through the air in front of him, missing my face by a millimeter, and vanished into black smoke, just like how the shadows did this morning at school.

I stood there shocked, in the room, not sure what to do. The world around me began to dissolve into black smoke. First at the tips of my vision then, towards me, until I was standing on the only spot left of the room. The it dissolved and I fell into the endless darkness below me, screaming in terror.

Someone shook me awake. I groggily opened my eyes and was greeted by a cheerful girl.

“Hey! I’m Alex,”

“Hi, I’m Teresa,” I stated. I rubbed my eyes. I glanced at my watch which always had the date on it. Wait... “How long was I asleep?”

Alex shrugged. “Oh I dunno. Maybe about two days.”

I almost gagged. “Two days? Wow.”

“Mm. But don’t worry bout it. You’re friend over there is still out. Anyways, I got to go, so see ya!”

“See ya.” But she was already gone.

I don't know how long I sat there, staring at the wall. But at least it gave me time to think about my dream. Who was the man. I guess he could be my father, but...

A thought crossed my mind. About a book that I have read, but it was crazy. It couldn't be real.

As I watched people walk by my bed, this boy caught my eye. He was about my age, with messy dark hair and... were his eyes yellow? Well, more like brown. They were like the color of the sun, bright and brilliant. But who has ever seen someone with dark hair and light brown eyes?

What a strange combination, I thought.

The boy was tall and build like an athlete. In his arms was a brown box with the words First Aid on it. He must have felt my eyes on him because he turned around in my direction.

I held my breath. Our eyes connected. I wanted to peel them away, but I was caught in his brown eyes. He didn't move or anything, just continued to stare. Then his eyes moved away, but not from my direction. It took me a few seconds to realize he was looking up and down my body.

With a wink and a smile, he was gone.

I looked down at myself and saw that I was wearing an orange t-shirt and dark skinny jeans. There were words on the t-shirt, but with my dyslexia and all, reading upside down didn't really help.

I gripped my chest, trying to control my racing heart. I had never felt this way before, especially after seeing a guy I didn't even know.

But I only knew one thing for sure, I had to see him again.
I got out of bed, found the bathroom, brushed my teeth, combed my hair and Alex led me outside. Sitting on a rock looking extremely bored was my good old buddy, Angela. Notice the sarcasm? Yeah...
Trudging along a path, I reached her. “Hey.”

“Hi,” she responded half-heartedly.

“Let's go. Chiron wants to see you two at the Big House.” Alex pointed to a big house painted blue. A man sat on the porch talking to two people.

Angela hesitated, so I walked in first. I opted to look bored and dangerous, because Miss Princess over there was clearly freaking out.

A man with stringy brown hair and beard sat in a wheelchair. I blinked a few times, feeling as if I had seen him before someone. I stared into his old eyes, and I felt a shudder. It felt as if he was literally reading my life.

“Two?” a boy said, his backed turned to me so that I couldn’t really see him.

I scooted a little bit away from him. Alex jabbed him in the ribs. Then she turned to me and smiled like nothing was wrong.

“Yes, my stupid brother. Don’t try to flirt with them too,” Alex sarcastically intoned.

I walked in, already feeling bored. Angela came in behind me, still looking nervous,

The man, Chiron watched us, looking mildly amused.

“So, the new arrivals. Ladies, care to explain and introduce yourselves?” he asked.

Angela spoke, even though I knew she was freaking out.

“Hi guys, I’m Angela Low-” she started.

“A.k.a. Angel, the super perfect Miss Princess,” I broke in. Well, I mean, she basically was. A super annoying princess, anyway.

“I’m from Redwood, California, and I’m thirteen.” Angela finished. She glared at me, then mouthed get me out of here.

I sighed and nodded, rolling my eyes. I opened my mouth to speak.

“My name is Teresa Burne. First of all, who or what the heck are you, and get me out of here!” I demanded, on Angela’ s behalf. And because I wanted to get out of there, too.

They were clearly surprised.

“Child, there is nowhere else besides here that you can go,” Chiron said sadly. I stared at him, mouth gaping.

“Excuse me. What?” I said coolly.

Chiron opened his mouth to respond, and then he hesitated before speaking. “Actually, I think if would be best if one of the boys explained during your tour.”

“So, now we have the tour! Who wants to take who on a tour?” Chiron continued extra cheerfully. I don’t think any of us were convinced. Especially not me or Angela. Angela was biting her lower lip like crazy.

I heard a small cough behind me and saw a boy grinning like crazy. It took me a few seconds to realize that he was the guy I saw in the infirmary. He saw me looking and winked. Then he made a “call me” signal with his hands. He whispered something to the dark haired boy. The other boy frowned. I frowned.

“Andre!” Alex scolded. The boy next to Andre held back a laugh. “Stop flirting with every girl you see. None of them would even look at you.”

Angela poked me and I looked back to see that she was wiggling her eyebrows. “Shut up,” I mouthed at her.

Alex smiled. “Meet my irresponsible half-brother, Andre Dew, son of Apollo.”

“Hey! I'm cabin leader! Not like you're any more responsible,” Andre retorted.

The other boy rolled his eyes. “Sure, Andre.” He crossed his arms and looked at me. Then his eyes drifted to Angela.

“Besides,” Alex added. “Being the oldest doesn’t make you the smartest.”

Then one of the boys, the dark haired and dark eyed one approached us.

“Oh gosh,” Angela whispered to me. “I hope you don't mind if I hide behind you, right?”

“Sure, go ahead.”

The boy with the dark hair and black eyes approached us. “Hi Angel, Teresa, I'm Daniel Long, son of Athena.” He smiled shyly at her. Well, hopefully he wasn’t a flirter. Ahem ahem, Andre.

Angela muttered, “Make him go away.”

I rolled my eyes but I understood her, so stepped in Daniel's way. “Sorry, but Angela doesn't seem to want to talk to you very much right now.” I raised an eyebrow. “Gee, I wonder why.”

His face turned bright red.

Behind him, Alex and Andre were laughing their heads off. “Now who's flirting with the girls?” Andre shouted. Then I heard him whisper to Alex, “Even though Angela is really gorgeous.”

Someone behind me cleared his throat. Chiron had been so quiet I'd forgotten he was here.

“ Andre and Daniel, you guys each take one of the girls on the tour, okay? Alex, you have archery class next, so go help set up.”

Alex nodded and walked away. “Nice meeting you two!”

“See ya!” I called back. I watched as she bounded down the steps and turned a corner out of view.

Chiron raised an eyebrow at me. “Be good children now. Make sure the others don't mess around too much.” He glared pointedly at the boys. Then he wheeled his way down the stairs and into a room.

I sighed. “Yay. Tour time.”

Daniel looked at Angela. She sighed and walked outside, rolling her eyes. I honestly could not blame her.

Andre glared at Daniel and mouthed, “I was gonna take her.” Daniel stuck his tongue out.

Leave Angela to attract all the guys, not that I wanted to in the first place. I shrugged the thought aside and focused my attention on Angela's discomfort. “Good luck, Miss Princess.”

“Shut up, Goth girl!”

Andre looked at me. “So you're Goth girl, huh?”

“Yep, sadly.”

Daniel led Angela away, and I noticed Andre watched them go with happiness. I glanced at Andre, and sighed. I get stuck with the flirter, yay.

“Come on, let's go.” Andre grabbed my arm and pulled me along, down the stairs, and towards the strawberry fields.

Here is chapter. You guys probably already know who their godly parents are, but take a read and guess!
And that was a combined version, Corrected.
And Rainbow, I'm just gonna post the next chappie since they deserve it.

Ch. 7

Daniel

Son of Athena, Legacy of Poseidon

“Ok, Chiron,” I promised. “I’ll be there as soon as I finish these reports.”

“And grab Andre while you’re at it,” Chiron added. I nodded. Same old, same old. What was it now? Attic needed cleaning? Pegasi gone wild? Horrible music -haha, Andre- needed?

I sighed as I went through the rest of the reports. They looked fairly okay, nothing too serious. There was one from a someone in California saying he had opened the old Camp Jupiter/ Camp Half-Blood portal.

You see, after the Giant War a hundred years ago, Camp Jupiter and Camp Half-Blood had defeated Gaea and her sons the giants. Both camps had split peacefully again, all demigods either as Roman or Greek but still similar. If you were found a demigod, you were brought to the nearest camp, in one piece hopefully, and then you took a test to see if you were more Roman or Greek. Camp Half-Blood had stayed Greek but accepted all Greek wise applicants, including some Romans, in fact, and likewise Camp Jupiter. Camp Half-Blood now had a New Greece, and Camp Jupiter now had stables for pegasi, hippocampi, and other creatures. There was also a lot of intermixing between camps. As a result, there were a lot more legacies, descendants of the gods, now. I was one, in fact.

But back to the reports. The old portal… It was something the Romans had closed off. It was dangerous, an unstable remnant of the labyrinth left. But why would he need it? Camp Jupiter was only about fifteen miles away.

I shrugged, skimming through the rest of the reports and seeing nothing unusual. I trudged to the basketball court and saw Andre flirting- again

“Andre, stop trying to break Anna’s heart,” I broke in sarcastically. “We all know that’s what you’re going to do.”

Andre grinned sheepishly. He waved at Anna, who huffed and stalked off. Yup, typical Andre.

“Yo Andre,” I said. Annoyingly flirty as he was, he was still my best friend. Amazingly.

“Hey man, wazzup?” he greeted.

“Chiron told us to meet at the Big House as soon as we could. So let’s go now, since you were slacking off,” I explained.

“Slacking?!? That was high class-“

I grabbed his wrist and dragged him to the Big House, where Chiron was waiting in wheelchair form. New arrivals? Possibly, but I didn’t think so. Camp Half-Blood was filled to over bursting. I didn’t think it was possible to have more demigods.

“Hi Chiron,” I saluted. “Here with Andre as commanded.”

Chiron nodded and shifted in his seat. “New arrivals today. They’ll be over as soon as soon as the second girl wakes up.”

“Two?” Andre asked. His eyes brightened.

“Yes, my stupid brother. Don’t try to flirt with them too,” a voice said sarcastically from behind us.

I turned around and saw Alex, glaring at Andre. Andre rolled his eyes in return.

Then a girl entered. She was around my age –I’m thirteen- tall, had a dark look to her, in a Camp Half-Blood shirt and jeans, but pretty cute. I guess.

“That’s the girl I saw in the infirmary today,” Andre whispered as he nudged me. The girl blushed slightly, most likely realizing now how worthless Andre was. As a possible boyfriend, I mean.

“Andre…” I warned. He had that player look again, charming smile and bright eyes. I mentally counted backward from twenty in threes.

Then the second girl entered.

“Holy Zeus. Is that chick hot or what?” Andre muttered. He gulped, and had a strangled look to his face.

Heck yeah, I thought. She was really hot, and by hot I meant simply knockout gorgeous. She was medium height, had nice black hair and warm chocolate eyes, and yet… She had her eyes downcast, and didn’t look at all aware of her own beauty. Sure, she was dressed in a regular camp t-shirt, dark jeans, and plain flats, but still.

Everything else afterwards was kind of a blur. I remember offering to show Angela around, and five minutes later, I was escorting Angela around, showing her the cabins, trying to explain the whole mythology concept to her.

“So…” Angela trailed off thoughtfully. “You’re really the son of Athena? Athena actually exists?”

“Yeah,” I replied. “I’m also a legacy of Poseidon, meaning I was descended from him but he’s not my actual father. That’s why I don’t have blond hair and grey eyes like the rest of them. I have darkish hair and dark eyes. Here, let me show you something.”

I took her to the canoe lake.

“Watch this,” I instructed, grinning. I took off along the shore, running like a madman. I saw Angela’s slightly concerned look behind me. With a leap, I jumped into the lake, probably upsetting a few naiads. A minute later, I came back out.

“Your clothes,” Angela stammered. “They’re perfectly dry.

“Yup, and I can breathe underwater. That’s about it, though. I can’t control that much water, unless Poseidon decides to be favorable.”

She gazed at me in disbelief.

“Okay… Then who’s my godly parent?” she asked after a while.

“You said you’re mom’s the godly parent, right? There’s a lot out there. I hope you don’t have Athena, though,” I answered. Angela glared at me.

“Why?”

“Because then, I would have to share a cabin with you,” I explained.

And also because I wouldn’t be able to date you, I thought.

Angela glared at me some more.

“Okay, okay, jeez. So. Your godly parent. Are you good at gardening?” I asked.

“Are you kidding me? I can’t keep a leaf alive, much less garden.”

“Ok… Super academic and smart in your class?”

Angela thought for a while. Please no, I prayed.

“Nah, not really.”

“Hmm. You can’t be a hunter… Uh, attract a lot of guys?”

“Oh god. No way. I’m not even pretty.”

I decided to keep my mouth shut for the time being.

“There’s also a lot of minor goddesses. Do you like revenge?”

“Well, I’m not evil about it. But people who annoy me will get it.”

“Understandable. There’s Hebe. Youthful? Maybe look younger for your age?”

“You tell me. I’m thirteen. How old do I look?”

Like sixteen, only less corrupted.

“Thirteen.”

“That’s what I thought.”

“Okay, well, do you have any special abilities?”

“Besides total failure in school? Nope.”

“No, I meant anything out of ordinary. For example, Lana, the daughter of Ares, sometimes has a red glow around her when she gets really good at fighting.”

“Yeah… That’s not me. Probably.”

“And Andre, you met him earlier, has premonitions about stuff that will happen immediately. He actually kind of predicted you and Teresa. Sort of. But he’s the son of Apollo.”

“Huh. I suppose the flirting isn’t part of that.”

“Mm, thank the gods. And Lillian, daughter of Venus, technically Aphrodite, can charmspeak. Can make people do stuff.”

“Oh… Like make people give her diamond bracelets or something?”

“Yeah. You’ll probably dislike Lillian. I find her a total brat. But she tried something like that. Then she got caught until Chiron came with the Mist. The obscuring-from-mortal thing I was talking about?”

“Oh right. But I still don’t think any of the goddesses fit.”

“Yeah, but like I said, you could be any one of the minor goddesses.”

“True.”
We passed the basketball court, where Nathan Shang was chatting up a couple of girls, obviously flirting and looking to break someone’s heart.

Nathan. I hated him. He was the real son of Poseidon, war hero, and a complete jerk. He was reckless, arrogant, and irritating, but somehow every single girl crushed on him. Honestly, there was not a single chick in this entire camp that had not at one point liked him.

“Newbie, huh? Don’t try anything, Daniel,” Nathan smirked at me. The girls sighed and I think Angela’s eyes started melting. Seriously, what was up with this dude?

“Moving on,” I grumbled, pushing past them to the pegasi stables and next to it, the new hippocampi surfacing docks.

“Who was that?” Angela sighed.

“Nathan Shang,” I said tightly. “Son of Poseidon, camp hero, a complete… Camper.”

“Omg,” Angela breathed. “Can we go back and meet him?”

“We’re… Not done touring the camp yet,” I cut in.

“Oh yeah. Wow! Are these horses? With fish tails?” Angela asked in wonder.

“Hippocampi, smart one,” I snapped. Then I immediately felt bad. “I mean… Look, you’re new. There’s a lot of terms and stuff you don’t know yet.”

“Yeah, smart one,” she shot back at me.

Reminder: There was more to this girl than her looks. Check.

Far off, a conch sounded.

“Dinner bell?” Angela guessed.

“Yeah. Since you’re unclaimed, meaning we don’t know your godly parent yet, you’ll sit with the Hermes cabin for now. Keep a hand on your valuables.” I answered.

“Okay. Let’s go eat food. I’m starving,” Angela said. I nodded and led her back, where we met up with Andre and Teresa.

“I don’t believe in this whole Greek mythology thing,” Teresa whispered to Angela. I pretended not to notice.

“I know, Teri. I don’t fully get it either. But where else can we go? We’re miles away from home,” Angela replied worriedly.

“Angel, you and Teresa can sit over there,” Andre directed.

The two girls strolled over there. I noticed that Andre cast lingering glances on them.
“Bro,” I said, gently nudging him. “Let’s eat.”

We started to walk to our respective tables, me at Athena and Andre at Apollo, when Alex stopped us.

“Flirt much today, brother?” Alex asked.

“Busted,” I muttered.

“Uh….” Andre stammered.

I hope you enjoyed and keep on reading, because things will get interesting!!!!!!!
New characters!!!!!!!!! So what do you guys think?
ummmm.... u posted the first one, not the edited version...so everything i added isnt here and everything i took out is still there. do u think u can look for the real one we agreed on?
Great post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it doesnt matter just keep that one. its all right
post soon!
thnx corrected. ill start working asap. but stupid homework and stupid chores. sigh.
Sorry Rainbow. I didn't double check. Can you resend it to me?
rainbow_girl commented…
sure. no prob............... except for the fact that i cant send anything from my email. but ti guess we can keep it like that. i think the only thing i changed was that daniel had brownish blond hair and light greyish green eyes. over a year ago
there u go
now u guys sound more like co-authors than two people upset with each other
umm... thnx?
the chappie will probably take a while, cuz i have sooooo many competitions coming up. sry guys.
I know. TOOO MANYYYYYY TESTS PLUS COMPS TO DOOOOO *screams in frustration*
Just think, it could be worse, you could be graduated and out in the real world slaving at a 9-5 job with this place as one of your few reliefs from the day to day grind of absolute boredom!

Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt!

PS, wonderful post, can't wait for the next one.
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!! Now we just wait for more people to read it :D
smile
yeah, true. thanks for the reassuring! ill get started asap!
hey im more people reading it
POOOST
worried
sry I haven't been on. I sent the chappie to snow a while ago, but shes really busy as well. ill ask her how the editing is going. hopefully, it wouldn't be too long.
over a year ago i-am-evil said…
monkey
Finally caught up! Don't ask me why I wasn't reading this, cause I have no idea. Please post soon!
smile
lol. thnx halo!
Yes, Please post! I need SOMETHING to kill the boredom of life and this is a wonderful story to do that with!
sry! im sure snow is almost done editing. cuz she told me shes gonna be doing a lot of stuff to it. ill ask her again tomorrow.
eek i miss fanpop! stupid wattpad -__-

oh! I LIKE ANDRE! don't noe why . . . just do and daniel's a close second
ahhhh . . . im just like jumping up and down with excitement until u post!!!!1
smile
ok, sry guys for not being on here for a long time. snows too busy to edit, so ive decided to post a preview, just to keep you guys goin.

Ch8
Andre's pov
Son of Apollo

Trust me. Alex is the worst sister ever. She just had to ruin my merry day getting to know Teresa.

After Daniel took the gorgeous Angela, I grabbed Teresa's arm and led her towards the strawberry fields.

“So, this is the strawberry fields,” I said stupidly, lost in her dark eyes.

She glared at me. “Yeah. I totally can't tell.”

“Sorry.”

Teresa rolled her eyes and walked towards the woods. “Come on. Just show me something interesting.”

I ran after her. “Woah there. Calm down. The woods are dangerous. We could be attacked any time by monsters without anyone knowing. We really should turn back.”

She stopped and squinted at the woods, like she could see through all the darkness. When she turned back to me, her expression was grim, not sarcastic like she was a few seconds before. “Come on. I think I saw something.”

I closed my eyes and tried to think. I had inherited an ability to sometimes see into the future from my dad, Apollo, god of prophecies, so maybe I could be able to see something too. Concentrating hard, I thought I saw something in the back of my head. “All right,” I told Teresa. “Let's go.”

I let her take the way, since she seemed to know exactly where she was heading.

Along the way, I told Teresa about the gods and mythology and other stuff like weapons, but it was clear she wasn't listening. She would just occasionally nod her head, make a few comments. The only time she got interested was when I was talking about the gods and their children.

“Who would my parent be?” she asked.

I frowned. “I dunno. Is your godly parent a guy or a girl?”

“Guy.”

My heart nearly skipped a beat. Crap. Please don't let it be Apollo, I prayed. “Um... maybe Hermes?”

She made a face. “The thief? No way, I can't steal anything, except for my sisters, but it's not called stealing. And don't get me started on prankster. I suck on April fool's day. I fail. End of story. So I'm pretty sure not Hermes.”

“All right... You good with aim? Healing?”

She hesitated.

I crossed my fingers hopefully. Say no, say no.

“Eh,” Teresa finally said. “Nope. Actually, I fail, so...”

I thought for a second. “Ares?”

“Nope.”

“Okaay… Maybe u could be one of the big three. Are you good at swimming, or with water?”

“Heck no!” she responded immediately. “If you pushed me into a pool, I am sooo going to drown.” She ducked under a branch and kept on marching.

I followed her. “How ‘bout air? Do you feel you can levitate, or control the winds?”

Another shake of a head.

“Well, there's the god of the dead... Can you talk with the dead, or summon them, or have any connection with them?”

She turned around and faced me. “Do you really think I could have talked or summoned any of the dead without knowing I was a demigod?”

“Uh, no.”

She smirked, and I tried not to stare. She was seriously cute, the way her lips turned up at one corner to smirk. “Thought so.” She turned on her heel, and walked away, leaving me in the dust.

I shook my head a few times and ran after her.

After a few more minutes, Teresa stopped so suddenly, I almost ran into her.

“What are you doing?” I hissed.

“Shh!” She clamped a hand over my mouth before I could respond. “Do you hear that?”

Hear what? Just then I heard it. A soft whimpering of a small child.

Teresa let go of me and ducked under a branch. “Come one!”

this is only a small part of the chappie. ill post the rest during the weekend.
rainbow_girl commented…
ya, and my chappies r getting longer and longer. so itll probably take 2 times to post the whole chappie over a year ago
big smile
Can you post part number two naoo?
is she gunna be minor god then?
or are u not naming a god whom i cant think of?
awweee i ship andre and teresa! TANDRE!
who's the kid ?
POSTTT! QUESTIONS NEED TO BE ANSWERED
GREAT POST!
PLZ POST SOOOOOOON like.... NOW
Ok, hey guys, it ANDRESA!!!!!!!!! I came up with it :) See Rainbow, this could happen in real life...With the REAL Andre who coincindently is an epic fail.
rainbow_girl commented…
shut up. not like dangela isnt gonna happen either! over a year ago
anyways, snow is probably gonna edit and post the rest sometime soon. (ahem! i hope)
ANDRESA ANDRESA ANDRESA ANDRESA ANDRESA ANDRESA ANDRESA!!!! Ah, the joy of writing Andresa fluff.
rainbow_girl commented…
I. AM. SO. GOING. TO. KILL. YOU. TOMORROW. -_- over a year ago
i-am-evil commented…
Remember to cut the jugular vein, that will kill her instantly. over a year ago
rainbow_girl commented…
haha. lol over a year ago
smile
hey guys! do u like andresa (andre+teresa) better or dangela (daniel+angela) better?
CHOOOOOSE!!!!
agamotto commented…
Andresa does have a rather nice ring to it. As for the other, I would have said "Aniel" over a year ago
Phoenix_Stone commented…
I LIKE DANGELA BETTER! O.O over a year ago
rainbow_girl commented…
im more of a dangela fan. over a year ago
over a year ago mechdemigod said…
smile
hi guys, i'm finally here!!!!!
smile
hiiiiii!!!!
hey pikachu! I love ur profile pic haha. Welcome to the party!

So while I finish editing, I'll let you guys debate the whole andresa dangela thing.
over a year ago mechdemigod said…
one thing though, anyone still reading my fanfic?(besides nicolio)
And I finally edited the next chappie! Its different from the one above due to some plot changes, so take a read!

Ch8
Andre's pov
Son of Apollo

Trust me. Alex is the worst sister ever. She just had to ruin my merry day getting to know Teresa.

After Daniel took the gorgeous Angela whom I was supposed to take, I grabbed Teresa's arm and led her towards the strawberry fields.

Teresa rolled her eyes and walked towards the woods. “Come on. Just show me something interesting.”

I ran after her. “Woah there. Calm down. The woods are dangerous. We could be attacked any time by monsters without anyone knowing. We really should turn back.”

She stopped and squinted at the woods, like she could see through all the darkness. When she turned back to me, her expression was grim, not sarcastic like she was a few seconds before. “Come on. I think I saw something.”

I closed my eyes and tried to think. I had inherited an ability to sometimes see into the future from my dad, Apollo, god of prophecies, so maybe I could be able to see something too. Concentrating hard, I saw something in the back of my head. “All right,” I told Teresa. “Let's go.”

I let her take the way, since she seemed to know exactly where she was heading.

Along the way, I told Teresa about the gods and mythology and other stuff like weapons, but it was clear she wasn't listening. She would just occasionally nod her head, make a few comments. The only time she got interested was when I was talking about the gods and their children.

“Who would my parent be?” she asked.

I frowned. “I dunno. Is your godly parent a guy or a girl?”

“Guy.”

“Um... maybe Hermes?”

She made a face. “The thief? No way, I can't steal anything, except for my sisters, but it's not called stealing. And don't get me started on prankster. I suck on April fool's day. I fail. End of story. So I'm pretty sure not Hermes.”

“All right... You good with aim? Healing?”

She hesitated.

“Eh,” Teresa finally said. “Nope. Actually, I fail, so...”

I thought for a second. “Maybe you could be one of the big three. Are you good at swimming, or with water?”

“Heck no!” she responded immediately. “If you pushed me into a pool, I am sooo going to drown.” She ducked under a branch and kept on marching.

I followed her. “How bout air? Do you feel you can levitate, or control the winds?”

Another shake of a head.

“Well, there's the god of the dead... Can you talk with the dead, or summon them, or have any connection with them?”

She turned around and faced me. “Do you really think I could have talked or summoned any of the dead without knowing I was a demigod?”

“Uh, no.”

She smirked, and I tried not to stare. She was seriously starting to irritate me. “Thought so.” She turned on her heel, and walked away, leaving me in the dust.

I rolled my eyes and ran after her.

After a few more minutes, Teresa stopped so suddenly, I almost ran into her.

“What are you doing?” I hissed.

“Shh!” She clamped a hand over my mouth before I could respond. “Do you hear that?”

Hear what? Just then I heard it. A soft whimpering of a small child.

Teresa let go of me and ducked under a branch. “Come on!”

Reluctantly, I followed. We turned a corner and found a small boy around eight years old. He was lying on the ground, one of his arms bent in a painful position, and both his legs bloody. His blond hair was matted with mud and dried blood, and his huge brown eyes were wide with terror.

Next to me, Teresa gasped and rushed over. I followed and when I was close enough, I noticed one of his legs was stuck in a trap.

The boy looked at us, his eyes round as a moon. Teresa bent over and brushed some mud out of his hair.

“You're going to be fine,” Teresa assured the boy. She ripped a piece of cloth from her shirt and tied it around the boy's bent arm into a makeshift sling. The she took off another piece of cloth and tried to wipe away some of the dried blood, making sure not to hurt him too much. Turning back at me, she ordered, “Come on, Andre. Help me.”

I blinked a few times before realizing I had just been staring at her in shock at the thought of a new camper taking such care of a little boy she didn't know. And without any training either! Bending down, I examined a cut on the boy's thigh and ripped off a chunk of cloth from my shirt as well and wrapped it around the cut.

Reaching into my pocket, I pulled out a small back of ambrosia and fed him a small chunk. The boy ate it greedily, but began to cough. Water, I thought. He needs water.

Cocking my head, I listened. Then I heard it. The soft rushing noise of running water.

I turned to Teresa, who was trying to open up the clamp of the trap. The teeth were digging into her hands, and I tried not to grimace. “I'll go fetch some water from the stream nearby. Be back soon.”

I grabbed an empty bottle from my tool belt and raced off. After searching for a few minutes, I finally found a small water fall. Quickly, I placed the bottle under the fall, filling it with refreshing cool water. I sprinted back.

Panting, I arrived at the clearing where Teresa and the boy were. Teresa had managed to unclamp the trap and had the boy laying in her lap. As I approached closer, I realized the boy was asleep, and Teresa was rocking him gently back and forth, patting his back comfortably.

“Hey,” I said, crouching down next to her.

She grinned at me. “Hey. Isn't he so cute?”

I smiled back, and was once again lost in her dark eyes.

“Hello?” Her voice jarred me out of the trance. She was waving a hand in front of my face.

“What?”

She smirked. “The zombie is finally awake. We need to get the boy down to the infirmary. Then we should get on with the tour.” Glancing at the sky, she added, “We don't have much time.”

I nodded mutely and stood, assessing our whereabouts. Through the thick shrubbery, I was able to spot the climbing wall with its lava pouring down in the distance. I motioned to Teresa. “Follow me.”

I continued forward through the woods. After a few minutes of cursing (well, I did most of the cursing) and sloshing through the thick muck of the woods, we were met by bright sunlight.

We went to the archery range and I told Alex to take the boy to the infirmary. She quickly came over, took the boy from an exhausted Teresa, whispered something to her, then took off.

When Alex was gone, I asked Teresa, “What did she tell you?”

She looked at me cautiously before saying, “Not much. Nothing you should worry about. Where to now?”

I pointed to some places in the camp, like the New Greece town, the canoe lake, the cabins, the stables, and all the other stuff.

We got down and I took her around the camp. We didn't talk much, just a bit about the gods, and Teresa told me a bit about what she had read about Greek mythology.

Finally, we reached the stables. I heard the clip-clop of hooves and we turned to see a jet black pegasus galloping towards us with a guy on his back. I bit my lips. Nathan Shang. That creep. Always stealing the spotlight. He flirted with every girl, even more than me. And the sad thing was, all the girls liked him back. His messy dark hair was blown by the wind and his green eyes sparkled.

All the girls around whispered to each other and giggled. I noticed that Teresa was also watching. Was it just me or did she sigh?

Nathan stopped in front of Teresa, flashing his white teeth. His pegasus, Blackjack, (who was also the pegasus of the previous son of Poseidon, Percy Jackson, the greatest hero to ever to live, who apparently was nothing like Nathan) nuzzled Teresa.

She laughed and stroke Blackjack's head. Nathan slid down his pegasus and approached us. He shoved me out of the way, giving me a dirty glare on the way, and placed his hand on Blackjack's neck.

“Wonderful, isn't he?” Nathan addressed Teresa.

She beamed. “He's so pretty! What's his name?”

“Blackjack,” I blurted out.

Teresa didn't seem to care, but Nathan whipped his heard around and gave me a death glare. “Shut up, Andre. No one wants you here.”

I rolled my eyes.

Nathan turned his attention back to Teresa. “So, darling, what's your name?”

Don't say anything, I pleaded. Teresa caught my eyes for a second and she frowned.

She looked at Nathan, then at me, then back at Nathan. “I'm Teresa Burne,” she finally said.

Grinning, Nathan said, “Nice to meet you, Teresa. I'm Nathan Shang.” He winked at her and got onto Blackjack. Before he left, he made a call-me sign, then flew off into the sky.

“Come on, Teresa,” I muttered, annoyed. “Lots more to see.” I trudged on towards the cabins, with Teresa scrambling after me.

The conch horn blew in the distance.

Teresa looked at me warily. “Dinner?”

I nodded.

“Good, ‘cause I'm starving.”

I shrugged and led her to the mess hall, where she and Angela met up and walked to the Hermes table.

Daniel walked up to me and said, “Come on, bro. Let's eat.”

We walked towards our table, but were stopped by Alex. She wiggled her eyebrows at me. “Flirt much, brother?”

Next to me, Daniel muttered, “Busted.”

I gulped hard. I didn't really flirt, at least not with anyone else. I only talked with Teresa, and that's not flirting, right? “Uh... Not really, actually. We just talked and... talked. I didn't talk to any other girls, honestly!”

Alex gasped. “Omg! Andre didn't talk to any other girl! Andre has a crush! Andre has a crush!”

I felt my face turn burning red, while Daniel hugged his sides from laughing.

“Shut it!” I shouted. “Let's just go eat.”

Daniel winked at me and walked to the Athena table.

Alex opened her mouth to say something else, but I clamped my hand over her mouth and dragged her to our table.

As we ate, I felt a nudge at my side, and realized Alex was looking at me, a mischievous glint in her eyes. “Andre has a crush,” she chanted softly.

“Shut up,” I told her. Then I sighed. Could this day get any worse with Alex here next to me?
smile
AAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE­EEE­EEE­EEE­EEE­EEE­EEE­EEE­
I could awwweee forever! thts adorable. <3333333
poor little boy . . . wonder who he is ? ;S
dont fall for nathan teresa! he's trouble
ANDRESA
snowflakes989 commented…
I k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! over a year ago
haha! lol. i wonder what angela and nathan would be? nangela? angathan? i dunno. it doesnt really sound good...
snowflakes989 commented…
I agree. Teresa and Nathan? Nathesa? Teresan? lol over a year ago
LeoNicoCrazaiii commented…
imma go with natla and neresa over a year ago