The Heroes of Olympus Reasons Why We LOVE PJO/HoO - Current Goal- 1000 - Current Discussion - THE MARK OF ATHENA!!! ♣

xharrypotterx posted on Aug 28, 2011 at 03:48PM
Okay so i made this forum for every fan on this spot to join and tell their reasons why they love PJO/HoO and just discuss it at random...

Rules:

You have to post ONE reason at least in your response. Minor randomness is allowed in this forum i guess, since i want it to be friendly. If you want to tell us what you had for breakfast, sure! go ahead, but only if you are posting a reason why you like PJO/HoO with it.
There will be no talk of the movie. This a a discussion and minor debate forum. If we start talking about the movie then well... it will become a wrestling ring.
Yes, simply discussing the books is also allowed but once again keep in mind that you have to post a reason why you love PJO and HoO.
Remember to number them so that we can keep count!

There will be no being mean, no arguing. If you want to debate someones given reason, don't debate like wild animals. Do it in a certain, human like manner.

So the current goal is 1000 reasons... If we (and we hopefully will) reach that goal, it will get higher!
I made this forum mainly so that all HoO and PJO fans could come together in union! :P

--xharrypotterx ♥
Okay so i made this forum for every fan on this spot to join and tell their reasons why they love PJO
last edited on Jul 20, 2012 at 09:58AM

The Heroes of Olympus 68 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 68

over a year ago lovespercy said…
heart
i love it because of it's pure awesomeness.
it seems like real life
over a year ago xharrypotterx said…
3. I love it PJO because it teaches you that life's not easy and that you can't take advantage of it.
4. It isn't unrealistic from the modern point of view.
over a year ago Idunn said…
I love it because.... emm, the reasons xharrypotterx said
over a year ago maiden4ever said…
cloudy
me too, but i also love it's epicness and it fits into reality, so i can believe it. it's also very funny with lots of action and a little bit of romance. that's 9.
^You have to give your own reasons. You can write an entire article for this if you want. You can break it down: Why do you love Annabeth? Percy? Jason? Leo?
over a year ago RomanGreekDemi said…
big smile
I dunno if these will make it in, but...

5.) I love Leo's corny jokes--he's the least bland in the HoO series (not that it's bad).
6.) PERCABETH! I'm pretty sure that Rick Riordan was planning that from the beginning--I think that Percy and Annabeth are perfect for each other...
Yup it counts!!!
7. The ties of friendship. Grover is a wimp, but he is brave in his own way because no matter what he is scared of, he will stand by Percy. I think it will be the same for Jason and Leo dont you?
over a year ago paulion98 said…
i like the books cuz i can escape reality!!!
i mean our world is boring compared to theirs,all we do is sit on chairs all day,I need something else to do dont you?
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago lovespercy said…
laugh
9. I can relate to the characters. They are human!
over a year ago partypony said…
10) Because the story is intense and everything about it just sucks you in and keeps your attention for the whole freaking day.
11) It's educational!
RR totally deserved that Master Teacher award!
over a year ago Hades123 said…
cool
12. It makes me feel that there's a hero in all of us
13. I can relate to Percy's girl problems
14. The quests are EPIC
over a year ago unknownquestion said…
15.I Love how rick mixes cheesey jokes inside yes they may be stupid nut they make me laugh
16.I like how he mixes real life things into the world of mythology
17. i like how he got his inspiration to even start the series (his son has dyslexia and ADHD and he wanted to prove that you can do anything even if you have these disabilities for example save the world from an evil titan)
big smile
18. I love the whole idea of greek mythology. He perfectly mixed moderness with ancientness!
19. AND I love the fact that Rick really knows how to express a crush. They way Percy would never admit that he liked Annabeth when he so obviously did!

Oh and btw, since this is a discussion forum as well, I'll start a Topic.

Nico Di Angelo As The Seventh Half-Blood

What do you think? Start debating all you want! Give evidence to back up your opinion! (and keep posting reasons and numbering them!)
Nah. I think it would be a child of Pluto.
Besides, Nico's done enough in the Titan war, right? Hmm, wait, that's not a legitimate reason... I don't know, I just feel like it's gonna be Roman. 3 Greeks, 4 Romans.

20) The fight scenes are well-written. Those are my favourite parts!
^I love the fight scenes!!! :D
I think it will be Nico. RR has been reserving him (mabey) for this part.... like he was reserving Thalia in the Ses Of Monsters for her big come back! it could also be 4 greeks 3 romans

21) The fact that he has made Percy so fricking attractive! it makes it even more fun to read!!! :D And for the guys there us piper and annabeth! :p
over a year ago wierdo2 said…
I politely disagree with you on Nico. The Romans are known especially for thier fighting. Yes the greeks were good fighters but thats not where thier major Talent was. So if you are going to fight Giants and Gaea you'll need a lot of fighting skill. Besides it would kinda be anti-climatical to stick with more old charachters as the main when you just discover a whole nother universe.

22)The witty humor of the narrators brain telling the story.
i hoped it would be 4 greeks and 3 romans but it doesnt look like it and i dont think nico will be in the prophecy it might be because hes not my fav. character but i dont know
23)i like how he excludes any bad language im sorry but i really hate it when people do it
for my POV read my article on nico: link

24) The way all the charecters have flaws, making them NOT mary-sue. For eg annabeths over-confidence
over a year ago Alex13126 said…
For some reason I think it's someone at Camp Jupiter

25. Annabeth. 'nuff said
26. I love how RR made Piper a tomboyish daughter of Aphrodite. Very original in my opinion
over a year ago myth-freak214 said…
heart
I love it because whenever you're down, Percy's corny, cheesy, and smartalic remarks will always lift your spirit back up.

And because Leo Valdez ROCKS!!!
29) I love it because of the pure-awesomeness of the palomino centaur who let Percy and Tyson ride him, away from the Princess Andromeda. Yeah, that's right, THAT PALOMINO CENTAUR IS MY ALL-TIME FAVOURITE CHARACTER IN THE PJO SERIES! (yeah, for some reason, my favourite characters always end up being minor characters.)

I think that RR will explore more of the Roman demigods, and in doing that, having a majority of the 7 being Romans. It just seems fitting...
30) Because he didn't hesitate to kill a character in the end. When he killed Luke. Unlike in twilight where only the bad guys die. Luke died a good guy and a hero...

and Alex, I don't think Piper is a tomboy. Just because she doesnt like dressing up doesnt make her a tom boy... a tom boy isnt something cool fyi... I think she is a normal and sensible girl who is pretty drooling over Jason... One more reason why i dont like her. But lets not make that a topic of discussion since it will only cause fights.
Okay we have settled the Nico thing.. majority want it to be another roman, and i agree your theories make sense. So next topic:
Topic Two
Do You Think Percy Will Be Influenced By Camp Jupiter and become all Roman-ish???
31) Annabeth is blonde. And she is super smart. I hate people who believe in tHe whole "dumb blond" thing for real. Annabeth is smart and a blond...HA! :P
no i do not think percy will become more romanish
32) BLACKJACK!!! IS AWESOME! i love how he always bothers percy with doughnuts and keeps calling him boss
over a year ago Alex13126 said…
@xharrypotterx Okay Piper is different from her siblings. Better?

33. That pizza deliver guy who got really lost x)
34) The character's are imperfect. Even Annabeth needs the security of a teddy bear.

Well, it depends on how the Romans act. Look at Jason, he seems pretty nice. Did he get influenced by the Greeks? ... Well, he didn't really spend much time at CHB, but he DID spend time with Leo and Piper. Jason doesn't seem to be different from other Greek half-bloods, but we don't know how he acted when he was in Camp Jupiter, so...
As for Percy, maybe... But I don't think so. He's naturally what he is. Does that make sense?
Look at the sneak peek. Percy still retained his pride and sarcasm and humor. But then, he was only at CJ for like five minutes... Nevertheless (I've always wanted to use that word!), I don't think he'll change. He'll probably stick to his morals because that's what and who he is. He's been living like a Greek for five years, and he won't change if he spends a few months in a Roman setting, I hope.

Also, every person is different, so...
^That is very true partpony, i agree.
35. Artemis. She and her hunters are awsome. Thalia becoming one of them was a great twist to the story
heart
36. The way RR made it seem like Percy was really ugly and un-cool in the beginning (because thats how guys think) only to find out he is Immensely handsome (exact words used on camp half blood wiki!) in the end~! :p

And as for Percy being influenced, I don't think he will be fully influenced but it would be a very good twist if he just gets a touch of influence from them. Jason didn't seem very roman-ish around the Greeks. That only happened when he remembered parts of his life and was bragging to monsters. Maybe its the same for Percy.
smirk
37.Drew. She is so awesome and a perfect rolemodel for little kids

What is romanish? It wouldn't really hurt him to get a touch of it would it? It would probably help him fit in.
smile
A rolemodel to little kids i question that but i agree with weirdo2 on percy getting a little and i do mean a little bit of roman in him
over a year ago emily427079 said…
38.) the fact that it's not always the "happy ending" books end up being. it was realistic and had good and bad people die.

and even if percy did become a bit more roman, i'd still love him, he's percy jackson after all, you gotta love him (:
over a year ago ChildOfNeptune said…
heart
39.)i love it cuz annabeth love percy and percy loves her back. greatest couple. who agrees?
^I agree!!

@Unknowquestion if you are going to post on this forum, You must post a reason why you love the series, Okay? :)

Yea, it would be a great twist to get Percy to become a little romanish....It would be nice seeing that side of Percy, dont u think?

40) Rachel. I don't know why u all dont like her but i do because i can relate to the whole "I ♥ ART" thing... U should see the jeans I'm wearing right now! covered with paint and stuff.. i got the idea from Rachel ;) :P
41) Because Mr. D is just plain awesome.

Now that I've heard other people's opinions, I think Percy will become a little more Romanesque with his stay on CJ. In CHB, people there accept your weirdness or personality or anything. Things might not be so free in CJ, since, you know, Romans are (I imagine) drill-sergeants. They're strict and they probably won't tolerate misbehaviour or stuff like that. Am I being too harsh on the Romans? Well, that's how most people seem to be picturing them.
angelic
I think that is how they will be... I agree Partypony...

42) Because of Nico. His life. Him. the death of his sister, the not knowing of his mother, only to find out she had died, because of his own father who turns out to be the lord of the underworld and now Nico has nowhere to go and is forever scarred (No it isnt a lightning bolt shape). Kind of makes you grateful for the family you've got doesn't it?
^ Aw, that's very sweet.

43) Because Bianca di Angelo is the example of a true hero[ine] (c'mon, being crushed by an automaton so your friends can save a goddess... very heroic).

PS, should we start another discussion?

I love reason number 43! ^ I love the DI ANGELO'S!!!

44) Rachel becoming the oracle! It was a great twist to the story!!!! A way to have rachel a part of the action too! It wouldnt be fair if such a badass mortal was left on the side lines!! :P

Yes partypony, i think we should!

NEXT TOPIC:
Piper and Jason or Reyna and Jason... I know i know ur rolling ur eyes and thinking "typical!". But i serious;y want to know what you guys think....
I honestly think Reyna and Jason. I don't think Piper and Jason makes sense. And Reyna was his original gf right? so it would be totally unfair if he went out with piper! I think RR is going to be original this time and not make the first girl that is introduced to the story, the main love interest. (Or at least i hope he doesnt!)
45) Grover and his bunny-phobia! I just love how RR comes up with this!

Jason/Reyna. That is my absolute opinion.
46) The scars. Jason's, Luke's. Percy should have one. It symbolizes something heroic, and I love it when someone has a scar. It goes great with the whole war and heroic theme of the book... a war scar. Being reminded of something you are either proud to remember or wish you could forget.

And i have one quick question! Carry on with the discussion but just answer this: Does the picture below not totally look like piper!?!?! I found it on deviant art, but this picture has nothing to DO with piper. I'm the one who wrote piper all over it :P It actually came under the word "braid". It isn't meant to be piper but i cant help it!!!! She looks just like her!!!
46) The scars. Jason's, Luke's. Percy should have one. It symbolizes something heroic, and I love it
47) Its a re-read! Definitely! That's why u just cant get enough of it!!!
48) Piper's dad, Leo Jason&Thalia and Nico's Mothers, Luke's mother, Annabeth's running away from home situation. It all makes u VERY VER VERY grateful AND remindes u that life's not perfect and u wont have what u love forever, so make the best of it!
Now tell me, am i going to be the only one posting on this forum? do u want to put HoO to shame? U guys cant even think of enough reasons why u love it!?!? COME ON!! POST! :P
over a year ago Percy99Jackson said…
laugh
49)grovers bunnie phobia its hilairous
over a year ago kgirl925 said…
50. You can never get bored with the story no matter how many times you read it xP
@2percy99jackson- someone already said that
51)Leo's toolbelt
Jason/Reyna just saying
52) The part in the Labyrinth when Percy defeats that giant earth dude. It was sooo smart!!! :D love percy!!! :p
over a year ago _Aphrodite_ said…
kiss
I luv Percy Jackson and HoO series becuase the characters are soo real. Great romance! And awesome action!!!
55)The Pink Poodle

^LOL
56) The way Percy is totally unpopular in his mormal life and he's always getting bullied tho in real he can do alot. Reminds you that ur alot mor eand CNA BE alot more than ppl say :)
over a year ago elifsila said…
big smile
57 When I read Pjo I need a hero to belive and Percy is become the hero
58-Percy is the one who I want like a brother.
59 I love the demigod world