Kpop JYPE "lying" to promote Wonder Girls in USA?

dokdoagogo posted on May 31, 2011 at 04:33AM
I am getting a real chuckle on how JYPE is telling one tall tale after the other to try to build up momentum for the Wonder Girls newest album.

Falsehood #1: They were the first Korean band to break into the Billboard Hot 100. Hello. They sold a cd for $1 at Justice clothing stores. They lasted on the Billboard charts for ONE WEEK.

They might have been the first Korean band to LOSE money by getting on the Billboard charts. LOL.

We see this trend over and over in the JYPE publicity - they take some MINOR achievement and blow it out of all proportions. That's a lie in my book.

Falsehood #2: They successfully opened for the Jonas Brothers. If I am not mistaken, they bored the Jonas Brothers' fans to death. Not one of the Blunder Girls "hits" appealed to an American audience. Not Tell Me, not So Hot, not Nobody.

Falsehood #3: They successfully opened for Justin Bieber. I heard Bieber's fans were chating, "We want nobody, nobody but Justin!" while the Blunder Girls performed. Why would Justin Bieber pick the Blunder Girls for his show anyway? I bet they paid Bieber's people for the priviledge to open (and how many shows did they open...3?).

By the way, google: Dave Stewart and Wonder Girls. What was that all about. Last year Stewart tweeted that he was going to make the Blunder Girls stars. What happened? He said he had produced a couple of his songs for them. What exactly happened there? Instead of Stewart songs the Blunderfuls recorded a song so bad it went NOWHERE in the USA.

Frankly, Korea, it's kind of an embarassment that it went to number 6 on your charts. Sorry to say that, but it's kind of true.

So I am waiting for 60 Minutes or some other news org to do an expose on JYPE. That will be so delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!

I think some journalists are already drooling over the stories they can do about this company in America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kpop No replies