Fatboy Slim OUT NOW! FATBOY SLIM / THE CHARMERS - TITLE: SKINHEAD TRAIN (REMIX)

cutout posted on Sep 07, 2007 at 12:14PM
link

link

ARTIST: FATBOY SLIM / THE CHARMERS
TITLE: SKINHEAD TRAIN (REMIX)
CAT NO: TJGSE028
RELEASE DATE: 03/09/07

FATBOY SLIM TAKES AN EARLY TRIP TO THE STUDIO TO SHOW SOME LOVE FOR ONE OF HIS
FAVOURITE LABELS

The eclectic genres and weird and wonderful personalities that have populated this label’s history make it one of the
most interesting and rich musical stories of recent times. Celebrating this diversity and the wide reaching influence
Trojan Records has had, this year, the label’s 40th Anniversary, sees partnerships with some of contemporary music’s
leading lights to bring reggae music to the masses. Breaking genres and musical boundaries the Trojan Takeover
series offers the controls to the dance music legends of this world and none more fitting of that title than Fatboy Slim.

Famous for putting dance music in the charts, Norman Cook, is a producer with an unparalleled musical success in his
field. His eclectic style, coupled with his amazing ability to identify a hook, has made him, over the years, one of the
most sought after producers in the world. Not to mention his reputation as the ultimate party DJ, mashing musical styles
and entertaining million strong crowds from Brighton to Brazil. His acceptance of the much-coveted Ivor Novello
songwriting award this year cemented his status, not only in the dance music fraternity, but in the annals of musical
history as one of the UK’s finest talents.

Taking some time out from his relaxing 2007 schedule and in homage to this iconic label, Norman has stepped into the
studio for the first time this year to bring us a Fatboy Slim treasure, exclusively for Trojan.

Norman’s passion for Trojan Records began at the tender age of fifteen when he was given a ‘Reggae Chartbusters’ CD
by then bandmate, Housemartins singer Paul Heaton.

“Aside from Bob Marley and everything it was the Trojan sound that I really liked, especially the old blue beat sound
which has haunted me ever since, the instrumentals are always my favourites or as a DJ the cover versions of soul
tunes that I could play out.”

Moving from soul and reggae and taking his cue this time from the skinhead/ska era, Fatboy Slim’s vocal heavy mix of
The Charmers’ ‘Skinhead Train’ is a stripped down, bare-knuckle hip-hop gem.

Lloyd Charmers' own career spanned one of the most fertile periods of Jamaica's musical history, from Jamaican shuffle
and the subsequent ska boom, to the rocksteady and roots reggae of the late '60s and early '70s. As a member of the
Uniques, the Hippy Boys and Lloydie & The Lowbites he has worked with many of Trojan's most legendary artists,
including Lee Perry, Alton Ellis and Bunny Lee. Lloyd continues to record to this very day and will certainly be
remembered for the enormous legacy he's given to Jamaican music.

Putting Lloyd and The Charmers firmly back in the minds of music lovers everywhere, Fatboy Slim’s ‘Skinhead Train’ is
a contagious number for a new ska generation.

2007 IS TROJAN RECORDS 40TH ANNIVERSARY

www.trojan-records.com

Fatboy Slim No replies