Doctor Who Proof to how Jack either CAN'T be the Face of Boe or just a plot hole!

Muse_Fan86 posted on Jul 07, 2007 at 12:00AM
ACTUALLY, my mate has a spot on point, in the episode Utopia, Martha is explaining to The Doctor that he's not the only Time Lord left, and the Face of Boe's last words, but Jack's standing right there and he doesn't bat an eyelid... seriously. On this group, look for the episode, on the third of three parts to the video and 8:13 into it, just after the countdown to the ship taking mankind to "Utopia".

Doctor Who 11 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Sazza said…
when u think about it Jack has not got the memories that far yet so he wouldn't say anything about YANA. And the name Face of Boe probably wouldn't have rang a bell at that moment in time and seeing as Jack has never met the Face of Boe, he doesn't know anything about him so therefore he can be the face of boe and it isn't a plot hole.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago itsmemario said…
Too bad your proof works the other way around. The Face of Boe knew that the Doctor was not alone because he knew that the Master was still out there. As Jack was there when the Master came back. No plot hole here sorry.
over a year ago domino said…
I think it was mainly done for the reaction - I don't think they've thought it back far enough. Consider the times the Doctor has met the Face of Boe. Nothing about the Face of Boe suggest any connection to Jack at all. Think about it - in 'The Last Of The Time Lords', the Doctor became a bit like the Face of Boe, the shrunken head thingy - whatever. Anyway, despite the fact the Doctor was then thousands of years old, he had the same voice. The Face of Boe sounds nothing like Jack, even considering a voice changing with age. No American accent, not Jack personality, nothing. Well, that's my opinion, anyway...
over a year ago benji said…
Voices and people change within a year, let alone 50000 odd ones >_>
over a year ago Buslady said…
I think "The Face of Boe" was just a nickname for Jack, he isn't THE Face of Boe.
over a year ago freckledauthor said…
You voice does change with age, if you noticed, every time the doctor regenerates his voice changes So his voice never ages. itsmemario and Sazza I agree with, it is so true!
over a year ago AnnaSpanna36 said…
do you remember in th first season when they went to Satelite five for the first time and on one of the news channels it had the news that face of boe had had another child. now im not quite sure but i dont really think jack could do that ...

(i dont actually have any clue whether jack is or not the face of boe im jsut speculating
over a year ago Fuyu said…
In the first episode of Torchwood, Jack talks about how he got pregnant once, and how he never wants to do it again, so there goes that argument.

I'm quite confused now too, though. Martha and the Doctor talk about the face of Boe right in front of Jack, and even if it was just his nickname (which the show heavily implied it wasn't, but that he really is the Face of Boe), Jack should've shown at least some recognition at the name, which he didn't. Jack being the Face of Boe plotline doesn't seem very well thought out.
over a year ago Durgis-Flak said…
If I recall, there was a small emergance at the time. He wouldn't have said "Woah, hold it. I was once known as The Face of Boe. But I'm sure it purely coincidental and you'd better go stop him from opening that watch now." Just because he didn't react at the time doesn't mean it didn't register in his head.
over a year ago Fuyu said…
Well, you'd think when he started talking about being called the Face of Boe at the end, he would also remember them talking about it once earlier. Even if it didn't register on his face during the emergency, if it registered in his head, you'd think he might bring it back up.

Then again, he didn't react to the Doctor and Martha's shocked faces either when he said he was the Face of Boe, so I suppose it's possible he had it all figured out before they did, and tried to tell them about it in a roundabout sort of way.

...or maybe I'm giving them all too much credit. Er.
over a year ago Durgis-Flak said…
He might have figured it out when he was chained up for a year. Or possibly when the Doc tells him he may never die right at the end.