Doctor Who TBA (Episode 12)

DalekSec posted on Jun 11, 2008 at 11:19PM
The title for episode 12, kept secret because it revealed too much about the episode, is released tomorrow at midday (well, midday British time). Supposedly, the title contains no D-words (e.g. Davros, Daleks), and it is three words long. Some speculations are "War on Skaro" and "The Oncoming Storm."

Discuss here, and somebody please post it when it's released tomorrow!!!

Doctor Who 16 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago DWLoverTBCEDT said…
I'm beting on "The Oncoming Storm". Makes sense, Rose is most likely in trouble and Davros and the Daleks are back, and we all know how the Doctor gets in those situations.
over a year ago blind_moon said…
Well the name for the 12 episode is "The Stolen Earth"!

I don’t think it was that spoilerish still the summary for the episode is very interesting:

“Earth's greatest heroes assemble in a time of dire need, in tonight's penultimate episode in this series of Russell T Davies's Bafta Award-winning time-travelling drama. But can the Doctor's secret army defeat the might of the new Dalek Empire?
With battles on the streets and in the skies, the Doctor and Donna must brave the Shadow Proclamation to find out the truth. However, a fearsome old enemy waits in the shadows...”

Doctor's secret army?? cool =D
And old enemy?? Davros??
Cant wait!
over a year ago DalekSec said…
Thank you for posting it!!!

I had thought "The Stolen Earth" was another candidate, but when I went to check my source, it was gone. I thought I had imagined it! :-P

I suppose they wanted to keep the fans guessing about the story arc for this season, which, judging by the title, is "lost/stolen planets."

HOW EXCITING?!
over a year ago xoxJoJoRulesxox said…
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I Want It Now!! Im Excited :) I Love All The Companions So Them All Reuniting Is Awesome :)
over a year ago DWLoverTBCEDT said…
I really cant wait!!!!!! Im so excited!!! Though I agree not very spoilery
over a year ago tinytardis said…
Earths Greatest heroes - These will be former companions needed to bring the doctor back from death then ...... Looks like he dies in the next episode from tonights trailer - Oh and was'nt tonights episode a bit boring !! Still most of the new series have all had at least one stinker so I guess this was the "save the budget" one. Shame that RTD still had to get his gay reference in as well - Its not necessary !!!
over a year ago rohosoho said…
The Stolen Earth... hmmm.. sounds interesting. Is episode 12 the last episode in the series then? I'm sure the others have had 13 episodes.
Edit: Sorry, just checked Wikipedia. Episode 13 is called Journey's End.

Also, in reply to tinytardis above, I loved Midnight! I thought it was really good because it was different to normal episodes. The 'baddy' wasn't really a monster it was the humans on board. I thought it was really well done aswell. And I don't see the problem with the gay reference, would it really have made any difference if she'd said 'he' instead of 'she'? Meh, I have some episodes I hate aswell! *cough*EvolutionoftheDaleks*cough*
last edited over a year ago
I don't have a problem with gay references either but constantly putting them in as with Unicorn and the wasp is just a little pointless and rather irritating. Yes we know RTD is gay as are a lot of other people in media and thats fine but the rest of us don't need constantly reminding of this. Get off the gay soap box - its a childrens/geeks Sci-fi programme not "At home with John and Jeff"!! Oh and anyone notice in next weeks trailer that Donna seems to have Jacks coat on in one scene ?
If you don't want to hear a rant about how wrong I think you are, please turn away now!

*you had your chance*

Honestly, I didn't see anything wrong with a woman saying she had a girlfriend. I don't hear anybody yelling at Steven Moffatt, a straight man (as far as I know), for creating the pansexual weirdo that is Captain Jack. No, but wait - he's FUNNY.

Oh, and who wrote "The Unicorn and the Wasp"? Gareth Roberts, the same person who slipped in a reference to Shakespeare's homosexuality in "The Shakespeare Code." He wrote those episodes. It wasn't the gay guy. It's not just RTD that injects 'gay references,' as you put it, into Doctor Who.

Some people are gay. It's not an issue, not something to be debated, it's a fact. It certainly didn't get in the way of Davies' OBE (ahem!). So please, even though this episode was set in a future where people are more tolerant of homosexuality than yourself, don't let it interfere with your enjoyment of a perfectly good episode!

*sorry again.*
Hmm let me guess - Are you a player of the pink oboe ? You totally missed the point that I am tolerant of homosexuality as I have a number of close friends and associates that are - Its just that I would rather not be forced to have difficult conversations with my 10 year old daughter at this stage in her life - I'll do it when she's ready not when the BBC decide.
No, I'm not. My point is simply that it's not a "gay soap box," it's one little sentence about a woman with a girlfriend, and it's disappointing that people (including myself. Oops) overreact to it.

Nevermind, though.
... I just typed a long reply but then also thought Nevermind. Hey at least it's not as bad as Eastenders which at least I CAN stop my daughter from watching - Thats just BBC programming at its absolute worst !!
Haha! I'm an American, so I don't have to put up with that particular show - although Jo Joyner is hot.

BUUUUT back to the topic at hand. What's the deal with "The Stolen Earth," and the lost/stolen planets arc? Is Davros stealing planets? If not, who? Speculation? Anybody? Question mark?
over a year ago JenXer said…
Who's Mark? Why are you only questioning him? (roll eyes at lame joke here)

I'm also curious about the lost planet arc. There is the lost moon of Poosh mentioned in Midnight, the Adiposian 1st family lost their breeding planet, the Pyroviles lost their home planet of Pyrovilia, the Sontarans must have lost their cloneworld if they need another one, did the Hath and the Humans come to Messaline because they lost their planets?, the Vashda Nerada lost their forests to make the books in The Library. The Library is also a planet, did they take the Vashda Nerada's planet and turn it into The Library? Anyway ... there are plenty of lost planets this year. Do any of them relate to The Lost Earth? Is it missing, stolen, or lost in a wager or war? Is the lost Earth our Earth or Rose's aka "Pete's World"?

Also, in the teaser scene, it seems that time has been rewritten so that The Doctor died fighting the Racnoss and Donna wasn't there for the battle.
last edited over a year ago
*rolls eyes*

I think it's probably our Earth, as it seems to be the Doctor's Earth that's disappeared. It could be Pete's World, though. Or both.

My other question is WHAT/WHO IS THIS DARKNESS? Davros? The Dalek Empire? Who is responsible for the stars going out?
over a year ago Rock_Smurf_77 said…
Well excited,well done Jenxer hadnt noticed their were tht many lost planets this season. Does all fit in tho. I think "the stolen earth" refers to how the parallel universe and the normal one colide togeda. Dnt no just specuulating. Can't wait tho