Doctor Who River Song - Saved?

Durgis-Flak posted on Jun 09, 2008 at 03:59PM
In regards to River, what happens to her now? Does she live outa fufilling life within CAL?

Or, does 'her' Doctor save her? Think about it.
At the end The Doctor runs back to the screwdriver and does that fantastic saving scene. But I don't think it ends there. Let's go through his dialouge.

"Why? Why would I give her my screwdriver? Why would I do that? The thing is, future me was have years to think about it. All those years to think of a way to save her. What he did was giver her a screwdriver. Why would I do that?"

So, he had years to come up with a solution and best he could come up with was a mental copy in a screwdriver? Then who came up with the idea? He may as well have said "What he did was give her a paradox."

I have the feeling he came up with something more during those years.

Thoughts?

Doctor Who 2 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Michellebob said…
Ya it does make sense if he had all the time to think about it. But im stumped for alternatives.

He did give her a "happy ending" though and maybe that was the best he could do!
over a year ago Durgis-Flak said…
Nice to see lots of people having opinions on this.

It's not about alternatives. Say the future Doctor tries to think of a way to save her but can't do anything at the point of death due to timelimes an all that. So he gives her a screwdriver that will store her mind to allow his past self to put it into CAL. Then he arrives later and does what ever and manages to get the rest of the team out. The whole of time and space must have been able to produce something that could do that at some point.

Well, it's better than just a screwdriver he knew about doing cos he'd already done it. Come on, thats worse than the paradox in Time Crash.
last edited over a year ago