Doctor Who BIG SPOILERS!!!! The Finale, and everything that COULD be...

thecon posted on Apr 20, 2008 at 06:55PM
There is a lot of speculation on the net about this years finale... some from reputable sources, some not quite verified, and some very educated guess work. I'm getting swamped in it all so I thought I'd put it all down on here...

1. In episode 12, as The Doctor and Rose run toward each other for the first time in 2 years, a Dalek will intervene and badly hurt The Doctor. They greet each other as he lays on the ground injured.

2. The Doctor will have to make a 'horrific' choice on which of his companions he will leave behind to their death, and its not Donna...

3. There will 'definitely' be a regeneration this series, but who that comes from is unconfirmed.

4. Davros may be back, but might not be the main baddie. Rumours have The Master returning, but in a different form due to a botched regeneration.

5. Part of Davros' plan is the unveiling of a new 'Supreme Dalek', in a red casing, slightly different in style to the standard Dalek. This Dalek becomes Harriet Jones underneath, as Davros wants a strong leader to bring in a new era.

6. Donna will betray The Doctor somehow... this seems likely, especially with the Soothsayer's comment in Fires of Pompeii, "There's something on your back." This info was from a reputable source, but I am unable to find it.

7. Rose will die.

8. Donna will get hurt or knocked out in the finale and The Doctor will take her home;

DOCTOR: Get a lot of this. Atmospheric disruption... Bye, Wilfred.

[The Doctor moves off. Walking back to the TARDIS in the rain, but he turns back to Wilf and calls out]

DOCTOR: You can never tell her!

WILF: What about you? All those friends of yours....who have you got?...... Next time, at night, when the stars come out....I'll look up and I'll think of you....out there on your own...on her behalf....

[The DOCTOR sadly turns away, gets out key, opens the TARDIS, and goes inside]

I think this series is absolutely packed. I have no idea how this will all fit in, but a lot of it makes sense with what we've seen already...

last edited on Apr 20, 2008 at 06:58PM
save

Doctor Who 27 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago DalekSec said…
What I've heard in regard to that last segment: somehow, Donna forgets about the Doctor.

I'm tempted to make an "I ain't bovvered" joke here, but I'll hold off.
over a year ago Happyhour said…
Oh.

I just don't know what to say to that.
over a year ago Happyhour said…
Ok I've taken a day to think about that.
I don't know why I choose to make myself by reading these things. It's funny, I never thought I'd be that fussed about this sort of stuff...
But it turns out, I really really like Rose. And I knew it would end perfectly or anything, but I'd just like it to not....End.

So that sort of sucks. But regeneration? That's interesting. Really. I mean, who would it be? Could it even be the Master? Actually I don't think they'll bring him back just yet.

Oh this all still buzzing around my head. I mean, where did you get the bit of script from? What does it mean? And Donna betraying the Doctor? I can't quite grasp that. I thought the thing on her back was meant to be an insect or something. At least that's what it said on Whoviannet.

And would they make the Doctor choose who dies at 7 o'clock on a Saturday night? People who we're attached to, not 20 thousand factual people....

I hope the majority of these are just educated speculation or something. But either way, I need some questions asked - I need to talk about this!
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago thecon said…
Well the decision as to who will die can still go on, because RTD would say that sometimes we have to make choices regarding our loved ones, and he doesn't like to shy away from things like that, almost like he respects the kid's being able to deal with it, and it being an important thing for them to learn.

Regeneration is absolutely beyond me... we've seen pictures of The Doctor in the xmas special, so he doesn't die. But there are rumours of an 'Other Doctor', who could be 'The Other' who was a Time Lord and at least a generation older than The Doctor, so maybe some kind of regeneration happens there.... The Master is possible, but it would be so insane to do that... there's already more than enough going on this series! Unless the 45th Anniversary of the show means they are going nuts on it all and making the ultimate finale... but I don't know about that.

I'm almost certain about Donna betraying the Doctor, but whether it is knowingly or not is another question... also if it is an insect then it could be controlling her in some way (as silly as that might sound!).

Rose dying... i don't know what to think. I can see them doing it, because Billie isn't sticking around, but the character would... unless The Doctor sets her up in a situation where their paths can cross again. Billie won't do a series again, but she might do a special next year perhaps? If not then it is very possible that she will die, plus that would allow the Doctor and audience to move on.... but The Doctor would be massively affected by this. His character would change a lot if that was to happen.... I still don't know what to think on this one.

(The bit of script was from a link I posted about massive spoilers on this spot... its a transcript from someone who was listening)
over a year ago GregHous3 said…
well lets think about this. For who is going to die.

1. Jack cant die, hes the face of boe, and he has tourchwood

2. rose is said to be in the xmas special involving the daleks.

3. martha and micky are said to be joining torchwood which would make sense.

4. sarah jane has her show

5. donna seems an obvious choice, but im not sure

okay about donna betraying the doctor, this is because, so ive heard, she is being manipulated/controlled by the master. . .while on the subject of timelords the rani could return.

the actor who plays wilf used to be in dr who and was a scientist who created part of the tardis, so maybe he already knows the dr, and because of him always believin in aliens...who knows.

also heres a thought, toshiko from torchwood. . .created the sonic screwdriver, i wouldnt put it past her, shes a genius.

also the female hand who picked up the masters ring could either be donna, or the doctors daughter, and that actual ring is said to be from galifrey and whoever wears it lives forever.

it is said kyle is going to make another appearance as astrid perth, and as we all know her name is an anagram of tardis, and translates part tardis. . .so as she was sent into space as like a star dust maybe she is part of the tarids, who knows.

many more theories could be found and told, but for one thing, this season will be action packed and what will this mean for next season. . .also sally sparrow could be a companion for the next series, and why stick to one companion, in the classic episodes he had more then one. . so rose martha and donna :) however we know this wont be the case. So there is alot to think about, so we shall just let it unravel as it goes.
also which would be interesting, but defeat the whole object of the show is that the genesis arch held thousands of darleks, so why not have more then one which can hold the timelords in, after all the face of boe did say "You are not alone" which i knwo is a reference to proffesor yana/the master but just maybe...
Very interesting!

Why would the Daleks imprison the Time Lords, though, rather than just killing them?
over a year ago Saphira333 said…
I think the Doctor is injured and Donna dies trying to save him
well as we know time lords dont like to fight, so maybe they hid inside a genesis arch to avoid killing. the doctor is injured, but i dunno bout donna dying, im still not sure who will die, but as tonights episode concluded, donna said "im going to travel with him forever" which makes that she forgets him more likely.
over a year ago matt1993 said…
Rose can't die
over a year ago tinytardis said…
Seems to have been a lot of shots of the Doctors hand in a jar recently .......

And the suggestion that DNA could bring people back tonight ......

After all you would never tell a replicant that they are'nt the real McCoy would you.

There is also likely to be a lot of companions in the last episodes - why would that be other than the indication that travel in the Tardis changes a person more than just emotionally.

The Tardis has a symbiotic relationship with a Timelord (The Two Doctors) so you need one to time travel in it so if you don't have a timelord then you need some way of making it work.

Of course Donna could just end up being the Doctors 'mother'.....
it is said that the doctors daughter cud have been the one to pick up the masters ring at the end of season 3, however it can be now that we found out she was created then and there...im thinking now either donna cause the master manipulates her...or even rose...and it is said whoever wheres that ring can never die...so matt maybe your right. Also 2day i said to my friend about the doctors hand being shown alot, the probably have a big plan for it.

so still alot of speculation...see what happens next week
Doctor dies - Seven Companions needed to bring him back to life in the Tardis - DNA from Jar Hand - Donna acts as incubator or dies and is brought back using DNA replicator machine seen last week.
I don't think the DNA replicator is going to come back anymore this year, don't forget its on another planet so if they did go there to use it this would ruin any sense of tension and structure the finale has. I can see the whole Daughter aspect coming back for series 5.... Jenny coming back to life and flying off like that is a plo strand they can't afford to let go. I've heard rumours of her being the companion for series 5, so this would make sense... I love when RTD starts future threads very early (face of boe/master!?! Awesome!).

Also I don't think the hand has any MAJOR significance this year beyond the last episode.... it does get featured lot as it is part of the mythology of the new series, but only ever when there is a genetic similarity nearby (or similar). It may crop up again later if The Master is back in some capacity, but I think the destiny of the hand lies further in the future of the series. I can see it being used to generate a body for someone, perhaps The Rani, The Master, or even The Doctor himself...

As for the hand that picked up the ring... It could be someone else, but unless its someone we know already then its a little pointless. I think it was the The Master's 'wife' from last year's finale who took it. And I think that ring is being used, like the pocket watch from Human Nature/Family of Blood in some way...

over a year ago Gabitha said…
I agree Rose can't die! :D
My info comes from two sources VERY close to the series and the hand will play BIG part.
over a year ago efro said…
I hope David Tennant doesn't leave as the doctor, he's just so good. If you listen to the bbc podcast commentary for doctor's daughter ( which was brill! had tennant and rtd!) then tennant does say "such and such is filming the xmas episode with us right now..." which suggests that he stays for the xmas episode at least. would they kill the doctor at christmas? i hope not, not very cheery at all.
I've thought about that a lot... I think its most likely he'll stay on until the specials then leave before series 5, giving Moffat a blank canvas to work with. 3 specials next year will probably be shown at Easter, so can't kill him there for the obvious Jesus similarities.... then Summer, at which point I think it is fair game and if he was to bow out here then it would provide a MASSIVE cliffhanger taking us into the Xmas episode.

My thoughts are that The Doctor will regenerate in the end of special number 2 next year, but it will go wrong and he will come out as Jennifer Saunders, who has long been in talks to play The Doctor.

She will take us through the Xmas episode and the faulty regeneration will be corrected in the end of that last '09 special and we will get our new Doctor.... Rhys Ifans? I hope so!
You are missing the point - The Doctor will die this series but David Tennant will return ......
A mi me gusta PROOF.
Well you haven't said that before...! I can see something like that happening... like the combined energy of everyone being used to bring The Doctor back.

But I'm pretty sure the 'BIG finale event' will be felt by a companion, showing the effect The Doctor has on other people. Perhaps this could lead him to an emotional state of mind where he does not take a permanent companion for a while (i.e. the length of the specials next year), as he doesn't want to hurt anyone else...
over a year ago maknenek said…
AHHHHH! I hope that none of them will die.
So this turned out to be correct, didn't it?

"3. There will 'definitely' be a regeneration this series, but who that comes from is unconfirmed."
over a year ago efro said…
it wasn't a regeneration, she was resucitated by the breath of life!!

regeneration would have followed the normal generation symptoms that the master and the doctor showed.

also she stayed the exact same!!
I think, unless proven or disproven by the show, that's a matter of opinion. After all, it seemed like Romana got to choose her appearance when she regenerated.

Besides, what came out of her mouth looked like the same stuff that came out of the Doctor's during "Christmas Invasion." Regeneration energy, I think.
over a year ago ladolcevita said…
Rose Is In The Christmas Ep With The Cybermen...
At Least That's What I Heard...
Except Have You Guys Seen The Rest Of Series Trailer?
That Dalek Looks... Ugh...
over a year ago Legendary1337 said…
I agree with thecon maybe rose dies or goes back to her dimension, jack would leave because he has torchwood this would leave the doctor pretty much alone especially if rose dies. However can't see the point of everyones energy to bring hm back it would be to cliche. I think in the finale the doctor will die and not regenerate or someother 'twist' would take place e.g. cliff hanger.

Also I heard that the Rose in the season finale is a clone created by the daleks to capture the doctor