Debate Hitler and the Final Solution?

dazl posted on Mar 07, 2008 at 11:55PM
I just watched a debate between David Irving, the historian who was imprisoned in 2006 for denying the Holocaust, and a UCD historian.

They argued over the involvment of Hitler in the Final Solution. Irving believes that Hitler knew nothing or very little about the Final Solution, and that it was engineered by Himmler and Heydrich.

The UCD historian said no, that Hitler was the main driving force and architect of the Final Solution.

What do you lot think? Was Hitler responsible for the Final Solution and the Holocaust?

Debate 6 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago smoore23 said…
Yes, I definitely believe that Hitler was responsible. I do not understand how people can deny that the Holocaust occurred. There is so much proof out there!
over a year ago katiemariie said…
I think Hitler orchestrated the Final Solution. And to say he didn't know about it is crazy. How could he not notice the Jews were disappearing? "They must be playing an elaborate game of hide-and-seek!"
over a year ago amazondebs said…
what i think would be interesting to know though, does people thinks david irving should have been imprisoned?
over a year ago katiemariie said…
David Irving shouldn't be imprisoned for being an idiot. He should have the right to spout as much idiocy as the rest of us.
over a year ago dazl said…
I agree. He shouldn't have been imprisoned.

However, in regards to his argument, oh God. He just wasn't convincing. The opposition just pulled him apart.

I'll see if I can find the segment that he appeared on to show you.

I'm trying to find the segment he appeared on.
over a year ago xhis14 said…
Didn't he write books about the final solution? What country imprisoned the historian btw?