Chuck Possible Spoiler: Chuck and Morgan don't add up.

Councilman posted on Apr 19, 2009 at 07:41PM
Try to follow my possibly goofy logical thinking. Morgan is 26 according to his own mother, and Chuck was a senior at Stanford in 2002 which would make him about 28 or even 29 today, same as Sarah. In Chuck Vs the Best Friend it starts out in 1992, 17 years ago making Morgan 9 at the time. Morgan is knocked down by a little girl (who's bigger than him by the way) at the Elizabeth Stanton Middle school. Middle schools vary in grades from 6-8 and 7-9 depending, but lets give the benefit of the doubt and say grades 6-8 the avg ages of kids are 11 & 12, not 9 or 10 as Morgan. To make Morgan's age closer to correct the writers say as the scene switches to today than it's 15 years later not the 17 it really is. In Vs the Best Friend Chuck tells Sarah that he and Morgan have been best friends since kindergarten. Now we know Chuck has a high IQ and Morgan is about average at best. Meaning Chuck couldn't have been held back in kindergarten and Morgan could not have gotten in at age 3 or 4.
In real life Zachary Levi is 28, Yvonne is 26 and Jashua Gomez is 33.
Conclusion; The writers write pretty well, however they can't do math at all. Just as likely is that I've seen way too many episodes of Psych and it has got me conditioned to noticing way more detail than I should be seeing, since it's just a TV show and not a murder investigation, and need to just let it got.
Does anyone else notice these things or should I go back into full time therapy? roflmao
last edited on Apr 19, 2009 at 09:47PM

Chuck 5 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Sunnysun033 said…
yea, i notice them too. but i also noticed that when it said "15 years later" in Chuck vs. the Best Friend, it also said "give or take a few years" which makes it a little more logical. i do agree though. they need a math professor to go over the script when their done. :)
over a year ago Councilman said…
smirk
Sunnysun033 You are correct but as you say it only helps a little. Now knowing the real ages of Chuck Sarah and Morgan I'm reminded of a famous Fairy Tale. On the show Sarah's age is too old, Morgan's is too young, but Chuck's is just right. Oh yea Jill is 28 too big deal I hope she's caught and sent back to jail.
Now I'm doing it again. Thinking too much that is. Not counting what they do with bodies of the bad guys killed, how do they put people in prison without trials? No one ever has to testify. Are they operating under the Patriot Acts 1, 2 or both. If so you don't have to have a trial. Just an accusation of wrong doing can put you away. Oops I may have said too much already we're not supposed to know what's in it and no one voting for it read it. If they say they did they're lying because it wasn't availible till after the votes were in. Oops did I say that too?
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Addicted2TV said…
^^ Dude, you're a little nuts!
over a year ago HillaryC said…
sad
Addicted2TV I'm sorry to see that some people get into conversations you don't seem to be able to understand or follow but to lash out won't make you a better person.
over a year ago huddygirl2 said…
I am not good at math but I do see why it bothers you so why can't you send a mail to NBC anyway I have no ideal will Jill comes from I like Jill so yeah I think she is the good guy that got herself in a mass and yeah I also think we will never see her again good thing to saves her from bashing or making her the bad guy ect.