Anime Would you like to be able to legally marry an anime character?

AnimefanELITE posted on Apr 14, 2010 at 05:20PM
Would you like to legally marry an anime character? I heard some japanese guy was gathering sign-ups for it. When he has a 1,000,000 signs, Japan will make it legal. I would sign, but I don't know how or where, so I'm just holding a thumbs-up. If it would be made legal, what is your idea to make it possible to "interact with your husban/wife"? Like you could really talk and go to places with him/her? I think Japan will make something like "persocom"s someday. So they would really look and act like the anime character. And when you "divorce" and "marry" another anime character, you could switch the ex-husband/ex-wife to your new husband/wife. Maybe there could be certain types like "Girlfriend/Boyfriend", "Husband/Wife" or "Friend". That would be awesome... What's your opinion about it?...

Anime 36 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago frylock243 said…
I think It's disgusting in every way. Their two dimensional characters, how stupid would you be to marry something that only exists on a piece of paper?

By seeing that something like this even exists, I've lost any hope in humanity.
last edited over a year ago
SusansMan commented…
Choke on this: Average humans have one-track minds, and such heartless people should know, that THEY are the cause. Not them. Have some empathy, people have become so cold, and I am about ready to leaved the damned country of USA. I hate this place, taking a breath is nearly illegal, and if you're different, they deem you INSANE. Again, this is caused by simple-minded, heartless, mainstream Americans. Choke on this. over a year ago
over a year ago shortynme said…
I agree with Frylock243. I get being a fangirl/fanboy and really liking an Anime character (it happens) but to honestly want to MARRY them?! That's really stupid. I hope he doesn't get the signatures because he should be doing more important things. Like getting a job.
Or just having a life.
over a year ago alucard768 said…
why are you guys being like that i hope it gets sighned just because you don't want it dosen't mean that others won't and how would you even know if he has a life you don't have to take it that far i know that that is your opinion but don't insult him
You really need to learn to use a period after a sentence, It will make you look like less of an idiot. (I'm serious, you look like an idiot right now.)
Aph-Finland commented…
^w^ your right.... over a year ago
over a year ago alucard768 said…
do you think i care about looking like an idiot i could care less to tell you the truth
over a year ago soups said…
No thanks.
over a year ago Synned_Ghoul said…
i just think it's funny. that's all i'm saying, i'm gonna get out before i get drawn into this fight.
over a year ago hanachanchi said…
mischievous
i kinda like that idea. if i could marry any anime guy...... definitely zuko from the last airbender. i really used to love that show and still kinda do!!!!
i kinda like that idea. if i could marry any anime guy...... definitely zuko from the last airbender.
over a year ago onepiecefan59 said…
heart
I would marry Kenshin but sadly hes already married, to a stalker!!!!!!!!!!!!!
over a year ago Lawli-gagger said…
worried
I'm talking about REAL L standing in front of me holding my hand breathing, yes I would

L on a screen or piece of paper....no.(outside of my mind) What could I do with him? It?
over a year ago Lawli-gagger said…
hmmm
oh and about that guy? well

at least he's happy, can't knock that
over a year ago Aoharu said…
big smile
This is a beautiful idea. I hope it goes though.
over a year ago Animeanimal said…
Heck Yeah! The one for me is Izuru Kira!
Heck Yeah! The one for me is Izuru Kira!
over a year ago dize said…
smile
Than would be great, marrying an anime character is one of my dreams, but i don't live in Japan, that's the problem and if that will be approved it won't affect me but i wish it will for you guys. I'll be happy for you. Maybe I could migrate to Japan someday^^.
over a year ago dize said…
But to think again, what could life be if i'll marry someone 2 dimensional, anyways that's not my problem.
over a year ago TammyPink said…
angry
umm... you do know that Avatar is NOT AN ANIME!! right?
over a year ago DemonnPrincess said…
crying
Aw some of you guys are really mean! :( Just because it'a 2-dimentional to you doesn't mean that's how everyone else thinks. I agree with alucard768, it's his choice. You never know what that person went through in their life or anything and if that's what makes him happy then who are you to judge him? My cousin was abused and so to help her she would talk to anime characters, for example. I actually happen to like the idea. It's really cute (even though I'm like YEARS late!) I hope he gets his approval if he hasn't already. <333
Aph-Finland commented…
ya everyone here is mean T, T people u guys might not get friends if u do this mess.... over a year ago
over a year ago switchfootified said…
actually @TammyPink, I consider Avatar to be an anime. It's an amazing show :3
Anyways, marrying a fictional character? I'm sorry, but that's pretty stupid. -____- That's basically just screaming "Hey! I'm a loner who will never get any girls/guys so im going to marry a fictional character and never get a life/job because I've taken my obsession with anime this far!" I have lost hope in humanity ._.
over a year ago dragonzord1993 said…
To those who oppose this idea, let me ask you this: Are you even anime fans at all?

This is just like when people bitch and complain about a woman having an abortion. It's not affecting you, so why the fuck should YOU care?
KissKissHannah commented…
THIS over a year ago
over a year ago Dakaroth said…
@dragonzord:

To question ones loyalty to Anime, just because we wouldnt waste our money, and time, on marrying something that only exsists on TV, a piece of paper, or plastic. Something that can't talk back to you with free will, or touch you with It's own free will, is pretty pathetic.

But in saying that, people are allowed to have there own fantasies, desires ect. However, when someone asks a question. You will generaly get an answer. And because this question was asked, we have the right to answer it, openly, and honestly.

As for the Abortion comment you made, how do you know it doesnt effect us? Someone here could have a relative that has gone through one. In the end, everyone is entitled to there own opinion. That's part of what makes us human.

As for the original question that was asked. I personaly think It's a silly idea. But that's just me.
over a year ago Simmeh said…
smile
The only way I could see this happening is if the anime character came to life.

I'd marry Dr. Tenma if he were real. These guys remind me of him.
The only way I could see this happening is if the anime character came to life. 

I'd marry Dr. Ten
over a year ago qwer said…
Yes.
over a year ago KEISUKE_URAHARA said…
laugh
Yep...................if she was real i will definitly marry her..................heh heh heh
Boa Hancock
Yep...................if she was real i will definitly marry her..................heh heh heh 
Boa H
over a year ago MariexJayne said…
-.-' @ all of you people that hate the idea... why is it a big deal that people want to marry an anime character? I mean, some anime fans still probably have more of a life than YOU and don't have to sit around hating on people opinions of marriage. some people just can't stand real people because they cant trust them. You're not helping by hatin'
over a year ago tsurara-oikawa said…
blush
i umm would like to marry to to bossun sket dance
heartfillia commented…
Good idea over a year ago
heartfillia commented…
No no I have hak already over a year ago
over a year ago ChadKumada said…
yeah, i'd like to put claim an anime character on my tax returns, j/k
over a year ago kikones34 said…
I have a strong desire to marry Shana, so yes.
over a year ago IcyFrost said…
I wish i can marrying boa hancock or rei miyamoto
over a year ago SusansMan said…
Must... Marry.. Ginormica!
Must... Marry.. Ginormica!
heartfillia commented…
Anime,sir,anime.... over a year ago
over a year ago KissKissHannah said…
That would be awesome! :D
over a year ago GrangerFan111 said…
heart
Do you have any idea how long I have wanted to marry Yukio Okumura from Blue Exorcist?
over a year ago heartfillia said…
I would love to marry son hak from akatsuki no yona..please guys, don't take this logically and seriously,it's just for fun. But just saying,this is my recent anime crush. But, he is in love with yona................jango!!! Hypnotize him to love me!!!
I would love to marry son hak from akatsuki no yona..please guys, don't take this logically and serio
over a year ago Cerudays said…
I don't understand why someone would want to have down on legal documentation that they're married to a fictional character, but hey, whatever floats your boat I guess

lmao
 I don't understand why someone would want to have down on legal documentation that they're married t
over a year ago kittyluv57 said…
I have no earthly idea what the point of legally marrying a fictional character would be. Not to mention that would be extremely unfair to anyone else who is a fan of that same character.
over a year ago stephany1617 said…
I want to marry Kaname Kuran or another one of my favorite characters
I want to marry Kaname Kuran or another one of my favorite characters