Alpha and Omega Buy a wolf?? WTF!?

dehuang posted on Dec 06, 2011 at 01:00AM
What do you think about being able to own a wolf or a wolf-mix ?
like in this website:
link
I think wolves aren<t made for indoors and they need to live in packs in the wild. keeping them for pets is like you being in jail for your entire life.
Dogs are already wolves decendant so why would you make a wolf suffer for your own happyness.
Having a dog will be profitable for you and him.

Do you think it should be illegal^
What do you think about being able to own a wolf or a wolf-mix ? 
like in this website:
http://www.wo

Alpha and Omega 12 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago LucarioZoura1 said…
Illegal yes. Whole life in jail no. Most people in the government wouldn't except a whole life in jail.
over a year ago dehuang said…
it was a comparison. Owning a wolf would be like a whole life in jail for humans from birth to death
bad english sorry xD
over a year ago katealphawolf said…
I dont think it should be illegal, but you should have a good rep and licensed permit to own one since many people do not understand wolves or dogs that well.
On the other hand, I am not one of those types. I know and understand the canine social structure like second nature, and could handle a pet wolf or hybrid if I wanted. Only reason why I dont is that I do not currently live in the right place; wolves need space, so once I move up to my trailer in the mountains someday, it could be a possiblility!
Another thing you have to remember, most of these hybrid/wolf pups are normally the ones that are found in the wild abandoned normally because there mother was either killed, or did not want them. Also the ones bred in captivity are used to it, they lead idyllic lives without risk of being killed, not to mention they live up to 15 years if cared for properly.
Every single dog breed today has ancestry that traces back to wolves, or coyotes, hyenas or jackels. Every canine breed there is still has a wild history running in their blood, from the tiny Chihuahua to the massive Great Danes and Mastiffs...
over a year ago anubis210 said…
within the next 6 generation there planning to breed the wild out the wolves...in a way its good because they will be domestic as well as wild
over a year ago hank666 said…
If you have a permit to own a wolf and the state says its legal, you can own a wolf.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago hank666 said…
you need a permit to own a wolf, and they have regulations too with owning a wolf, and they have people come out and check to make sure you are not breeding them illegally, you also have to have a permit to breed wolves as well as own them.
Very well said anubis and hank, forgot to point that out too since in many areas it is illegal. Personally I would be thankful if the wolves get better chances of survival!
Tons of people around where I live would like to see them wiped off the face of the planet. I regularly see bumper stickers like this...It makes me so frigging mad! If I were to see one on a vehicle in a parking lot, I would be tempted to take a razor blade and scrape the horrid decal off! >:(
last edited over a year ago
Very well said anubis and hank, forgot to point that out too since in many areas it is illegal. Perso
@katealphawolf Thats sad :( I wonder if they realy understand the ballance of nature and if they respect it. Having extremists like these makes me mad...

And i understand why they set laws or restriction about owning wolves and its true what you said about where they come from because my dog is a mix wolf/husky saved from "dog killers" in an inuit reserve called Kawawachikamach in the middle of QC. A wolf need alot of room and freedom so if you plan on having one, you should move in a forest, a mountain or a lake !!
Yes dehuang, it is very sad. It is typically the ranchers and some hunters that are that way. I dont care what anyone says, wolves were here centuries before humanity came along. They are traced back to a now extinct species called the Dire Wolf that lived during the ice age!
Many species are extinct now because of humans acting, some were fair and natural like mammoths and some are unfair, caused by a revolting specie called "Humans" (ironic).
Well I don't know if it was realy fair, but now they are gone and all thats left about them are bones and carcasses, so they got slowly forgotten. I wonder if it will be the same with other species like polar bear or wolves if they would dissapear.